LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Head Coach Firing TRACKER

Shop 49ers game tickets
So with the colts hiring pagano, that's it for NFL HC hirings right? Wow, maybe just maybe we retain our coaching staff for once.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
So with the colts hiring pagano, that's it for NFL HC hirings right? Wow, maybe just maybe we retain our coaching staff for once.
What about tampa and miami?
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
What about tampa and miami?

My friend told me tampa was going with chip kelly, but now that I've checked, they haven't hired him. Miami went with Joe Philbin though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
My friend told me tampa was going with chip kelly, but now that I've checked, they haven't hired him. Miami went with Joe Philbin though.

Chip Kelly has removed his name from consideration. Mike Sherman seems to be the leading candidate.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Tampa will have the worst hire. I actually think the Colts and Dolphins both made very good moves. Asides from Sherman, I've heard nothing recently on the Bucs. Maybe they are waiting for the SB to be over
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/26/oregon-had-already-replaced-chip-kelly-when-he-changed-his-mind/
@JasonLaCanfora: Rutgers coach Greg Schiano is under consideration for Bucs job. Mike Sherman had 2nd interview. Rob Chudzinski might as well #insideslant

@SI_PeterKing: Re: Schiano naysayers: Having lived in NJ from 85-09, that program was beyond rock bottom for yrs. Schiano built a nationally competitive program from scratch. He had so much farther to go to make it relevant that it's not fair to say, "What has he won?'' IMO.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 26, 2012 at 7:03 AM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
@JasonLaCanfora: Rutgers coach Greg Schiano is under consideration for Bucs job. Mike Sherman had 2nd interview. Rob Chudzinski might as well #insideslant

@SI_PeterKing: Re: Schiano naysayers: Having lived in NJ from 85-09, that program was beyond rock bottom for yrs. Schiano built a nationally competitive program from scratch. He had so much farther to go to make it relevant that it's not fair to say, "What has he won?'' IMO.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/26/greg-schianos-name-emerges-in-tampa-bay/
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Tampa Bay plans to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as the next Buccaneers head coach. Two sides trying to finalize contract.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Filed to ESPN: Tampa Bay plans to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as the next Buccaneers head coach. Two sides trying to finalize contract.

Poor Tampa

@AdamSchefter: And former Packers HC Mike Sherman is in Miami today to see if the two sides can work out a deal for him to become Dolphins OC.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

Poor Tampa
Why? We had a college HC come in here and be successful

Poor Tampa

Just seems like they had to settle for their plan C, Wade Phillips didn't want to go there, Chip Kelly backed out...
@AdamSchefter: Not the first time this off-season Greg Schiano interviewed with NFL team. Sources say he was a finalist for Rams HC job.

Poor Tampa

Just seems like they had to settle for their plan C, Wade Phillips didn't want to go there, Chip Kelly backed out...

@SI_PeterKing: Schiano fast-tracking now. He'll be the coach of the Bucs.
Share 49ersWebzone