There are 211 users in the forums

Which QB has regressed the most?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Which QB has regressed the most?

I didnt pick Rivers because when I think regressed I think of guys who have only been in the league for a few years, like Flacco Ryan Bradford and Sanchez so i voted Ryan since he has pretty much regressed every other year after his rookie year looking for more consistency. Flacco has pretty much played the same what you see is what you get and Sanchez I never thought would be any good anyway and Bradford is just struggling because of injury's and such no weapons and different coordinator blah blah blah.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Jcool:
McNabb.

Really? 14 TD and 15 Ints last year with a 77.1 rating & 58.3% in 2010. In 2011: 4 TD 2 Ints with a 82.9 rating & 60.3%

After the bad year he had last year cant really say he got worse.

No one said there was a one year statute of limitations.

It was implied though,
def. sam bradford... people say they dont have weapons, but danny amendola and mike sims walker are good wr's, they also have a few fast rookies over there, so they do have weapons, i mean peyton manning made it work with just clark and harrison at first, and then clark and wayne....if you are a good qb you will make the throws needed to win games, and another point, philip rivers made no name wr's look good last year when malcom floyd and v jack went out, ajirotutu??come on now, that name even sounds sorry, but rivers made him look good. Sam bradford was hyped up to be the next great qb for the rams, and rightfully so, he looked amazing at times last year, he was getting the ball out quick and everything, and im still pulling for him to be a good qb, but i guess hes going through a sophomore slump
[ Edited by LBCniner on Oct 23, 2011 at 12:11 AM ]
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
McNabb.

Really? 14 TD and 15 Ints last year with a 77.1 rating & 58.3% in 2010. In 2011: 4 TD 2 Ints with a 82.9 rating & 60.3%

After the bad year he had last year cant really say he got worse.

No one said there was a one year statute of limitations.

It was implied though,

I did not infer as such
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Peyton Manning... harhar..

Seriously though, I would have to say Sam Bradford. The hopes were so high for this kid and he has looked like s**t this year. Rivers and the Chargers are 4-1, and I know the stats don't look as nice but he is winning.
Originally posted by LBCniner:
def. sam bradford... people say they dont have weapons, but danny amendola and mike sims walker are good wr's, they also have a few fast rookies over there, so they do have weapons, i mean peyton manning made it work with just clark and harrison at first, and then clark and wayne....if you are a good qb you will make the throws needed to win games, and another point, philip rivers made no name wr's look good last year when malcom floyd and v jack went out, ajirotutu??come on now, that name even sounds sorry, but rivers made him look good. Sam bradford was hyped up to be the next great qb for the rams, and rightfully so, he looked amazing at times last year, he was getting the ball out quick and everything, and im still pulling for him to be a good qb, but i guess hes going through a sophomore slump

Amendola is on IR, injured in the first game this season, and they just cut Sims-Walker.

Not to make ExcuSams, but Bradford has played a brutal schedule, with s**tty/injured WR's, without Steven Jackson for several games, with a new OC running a totally different offense...AND he was terrible the second half of last season. I'm not surprised that Bradford is not having a very good year overall so far--though he's only thrown 2 picks so far and has actually increased his YPA from last year.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Amendola is on IR, injured in the first game this season, and they just cut Sims-Walker.

Not to make ExcuSams, but Bradford has played a brutal schedule, with s**tty/injured WR's, without Steven Jackson for several games, with a new OC running a totally different offense...AND he was terrible the second half of last season. I'm not surprised that Bradford is not having a very good year overall so far--though he's only thrown 2 picks so far and has actually increased his YPA from last year.

Bradford has never been good enough to regress. The media talking about how great you are doesn't make you great.
That team was underachieving before Turner got there. But he was never going to be the coach to turn them around.

That's the curse of Marty Schottenheimer. Great coach until the playoffs. He could build dominant teams but always found ways to lose when the chips were down.

He is showing the A. Smith syndrome: too many OC's.
Why is Sanchez on that list? In order to regress you must show progress at some point. He has consistently been overrated and has never been good in the NFL. The Jets defense, when it was good, carried him to victories.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fastforward:
That's the curse of Marty Schottenheimer. Great coach until the playoffs. He could build dominant teams but always found ways to lose when the chips were down.

Well Schottenheimer just won the UFL title so CURSE BROKEN!
[ Edited by Jcool on Oct 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:

deng i actually didnt know that those two were not playing..but i still pick him,
If Bradford had Harbaugh he'd be killing it.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If Bradford had Harbaugh he'd be killing it.

He needs to grasp the game plans and playbook first. It's still an open question whether or not Bradford has been executing McDaniels' game plans well.
josh freeman
Share 49ersWebzone