LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

Which QB has regressed the most?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Which QB has regressed the most?

Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by saniner:
Rivers, because he was playing at such a high level before.

He really wasn't. LT was doing A LOT of work for him, and he's missed Gates a lot in the last couple seasons.

If you look at Matt Ryan in 09-10... He's acquired more weapons and done essentially nothing with them! Same with flacco.

Last year Rivers had 4700 yards and 30 tds without Jackson most of the year, and without Gates towards the end of the year. They also had a rookie RB who wasn't playing too well...I'd say he was playing at a pretty high level. He also had 28 and 34 tds in the 2 years prior to last.

Matt Ryan hasn't really regressed as much as he just hasn't taken the next step. He benefited from Turner early, but I do agree that since they have added all those weapons, he hasn't exactly lived up to the hype
Probably Rivers. But I would add that Matt Ryan is looking real average. Definitely not the real deal people thought him out to be last year
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Not really a fair question because there are only two good/decent QB's on that whole list, the rest are barely average, and will continue to be exposed this year and next year.

Rivers and Flacco are alright, rivers team is still getting the W's and he doesn't have to put the team on his back like he normally does by this point in a season. Flacco is flacco, he won't ever be much more than he is now.

Ryan-sucks
Bradford- Rams will go with him again next year, and he will regress further, and the will be pissed that they passed on luck.
Scamchez- I don't know if its him, the play calls, or rex ryan, but something isn't right there.

Ryan doesn't suck. The Falcons OC sucks. I swear they run the most basic offense in the NFL. With Julio Jones, Tony Gonzales, Roddy White, and Harry Douglas Ryan should be able to air it out and have a clever offense with his weapons. I swear Mularkys offense looks like Hostler 2.0. Time for them to make a change in offensive direction.

That could be it, I guess I forgot an OC can make a Qb and an offense look mentally retarded.
Good thread. Judging from the statistics that you've posted, it's easily Rivers. I think Rivers will come on strong though.

But I'd say that if we come back to this thread at the end of the season, it will be Joe Flacco.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Really? 14 TD and 15 Ints last year with a 77.1 rating & 58.3% in 2010. In 2011: 4 TD 2 Ints with a 82.9 rating & 60.3%

After the bad year he had last year cant really say he got worse.

McNabb's problem this year seems to be a lack of real contribution. His yardage doesn't look too bad, and like you pointed out completion rate is very decent, but he did very little for his team.
How can you say Ryan sucks? He has 36 wins and 74 TDs in 4 seasons.

Flacco who you seem to like a little better also has 36 wins but 67 TDs in his 4 seasons.

I think at issue is the QB regression this season. Earlier seasons are only used to compare.

Overall the Falcons as a team have really underperformed this season, Matt Ryan included.
Originally posted by fastforward:
How can you say Ryan sucks? He has 36 wins and 74 TDs in 4 seasons.

Flacco who you seem to like a little better also has 36 wins but 67 TDs in his 4 seasons.

I think at issue is the QB regression this season. Earlier seasons are only used to compare.

Overall the Falcons as a team have really underperformed this season, Matt Ryan included.

The falcons were good one year, then bad the next, then good last year, then bad this year. Maybe it's just a trend with them?
Ryan certainly doesn't suck. But there's a sense around him that somehow he's elite, or close to elite, which he isn't. He suffers from the same problem as Flacco: a good young QB who has a reputation better than his production. When you're the QB on a winning team, your status is elevated. Still, though, he's a good QB, and that Falcons team as a whole is s**tting the bed so far this year. Fully expect them to lose tomorrow.
The falcons were good one year, then bad the next, then good last year, then bad this year. Maybe it's just a trend with them?

I think the Falcons had some historical precedent of never having back to back winning seasons, until the last few years. It's a curse! Matty Ice can't break no curse!
I think it is Rivers. I was expecting an unbelievable start and year from him after the last few and getting Vincent Jackson back. Also was thinking Ryan was gonna take a very big step this season with all of his weapons, but it seems like his o-line is giving him no time at all.

Originally posted by tohara3:
I think it is Rivers. I was expecting an unbelievable start and year from him after the last few and getting Vincent Jackson back. Also was thinking Ryan was gonna take a very big step this season with all of his weapons, but it seems like his o-line is giving him no time at all.

Blame Norv, he took an awesome team, and made them very mediocre.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Blame Norv, he took an awesome team, and made them very mediocre.

That team was underachieving before Turner got there. But he was never going to be the coach to turn them around.
Josh Freeman....
I have to say Rivers but at least they are still winning. If he doesn't bounce back it increases the chances of the Chargers choking in the playoff run and losing the division.
Bradford has no line to help him
Share 49ersWebzone