LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Why is everyone (ESPN - analysts/commentators) riding the Detriot Lions' nuts?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
why? because they've sucked for decades and suddenly they're undefeated. That's why.
5-0 will get you plenty of ink

but the success of the Lions has brought a lot of life to that city, they have been through hell the last few years, the Lions give them something positive to look forward to
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Last season the 49ers had better talent (where it mattered) than the entire NFC West, but they were the worst 'coached team' in the NFC West; that's why they couldn't lock up the worst division in the NFL.

Lions are talent + mediocre coaching ability.

Clearly I did not give the 49ers enough credit.....

They exposed the lions in some ways.
Originally posted by Youngb:
I personally don't care that the 49ers aren't getting recognition from the media. I think it's a good thing to be honest. As previously mentioned in numerous threads, it's better to fly under the radar.

I know this post is a week old and I've addressed this "under the radar" nonsense several times in other threads, but once again, WE ARE NOT UNDER THE RADAR of any NFL team and have not been since we beat Philly.

I find it funny that people keep saying it's a good thing that the media doesn't talk about us. What exactly makes it good? I'll tell you what, NFL teams don't watch Sports Center to see whether their opponent is good or not. No, they watch game film and make those determinations on their own. I know it's hard for some people to believe, but that's actually how it goes.

Lack of media coverage only keeps us under the radar when it comes to fans of other teams. Please explain to me how fooling FANS who don't know about us is beneficial in any way. We are not, and have not been, "flying under the radar" of any NFL team - especially the ones who have us on their schedule.

We're not getting love from the media and people say "who cares?" Well, that's fine, but let's please stop trying to twist it up to make it seem the media's hatred for the 49ers is in any way a benefit to the team.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
It's a VERY GOOD story for a sorry ass franchise! They went from 0-16 to one of the elites in a matter of 3 years.

Interesting they didn't have a decade long rebuild... Of course they don't have NoWin and SingleBrainCell...

No, they had a 50+ year rebuild.

LOL. I guess it depends how you look at it. If you look long term it is like 50 years.... But if you look at the new staff it's like 2 - 3. Of course Harbaugh is a rookie year coach rebuild. It didn't take him long to do something with the same team Nowin and SingleBrainCell never could....

Harbaugh did not rebuild anything. We have most of the same players from last year. A few upgrades were added, but the same core is here. That is not a rebuild. Harbaugh just added coaching to the mix - which is obviously HUGE.
We just let our Game do our talkin'
Cannon Arm throwing to Megatron gets everyone hyped.

Last to first is always a good news story.
Share 49ersWebzone