There are 201 users in the forums

Why is everyone (ESPN - analysts/commentators) riding the Detriot Lions' nuts?

Shop 49ers game tickets
They played the Chiefs, Cowboys, Bucs,Vikings and Bears.

All weak teams IMO. all games were close except the Suck for Luck Chiefs.

They have a short week, but they do have Megatron, Suh, Jahvid, and Stafford.

It will be close.

Our CB's are going to have to double Calvin.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
They haven't been this good since 1956.

Also, in 1956 they became 6-0 by beating the 9ers at Kezar

what are the odds of this, crazy

Ut oh .
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
They played the Chiefs, Cowboys, Bucs,Vikings and Bears.

All weak teams IMO. all games were close except the Suck for Luck Chiefs.

They have a short week, but they do have Megatron, Suh, Jahvid, and Stafford.

It will be close.

Our CB's are going to have to double Calvin.

interesting.....with these facts and my calculations this adds up to a Buc 2.0 Whooping !
That team is mostly Megatron and Suh. Without those I don't see them as great. Now you could say that for every team. Pick out their star players and say that's why they are good. But I honestly don't think they have that dominant of a roster. Megatron just makes unreal plays and makes their QB and passing game look better than it really is.
It's a VERY GOOD story for a sorry ass franchise! They went from 0-16 to one of the elites in a matter of 3 years.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
It's a VERY GOOD story for a sorry ass franchise! They went from 0-16 to one of the elites in a matter of 3 years.

Interesting they didn't have a decade long rebuild... Of course they don't have NoWin and SingleBrainCell...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Interesting they didn't have a decade long rebuild... Of course they don't have NoWin and SingleBrainCell...

No, they had a 50+ year rebuild.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

No, they had a 50+ year rebuild.

LOL. I guess it depends how you look at it. If you look long term it is like 50 years.... But if you look at the new staff it's like 2 - 3. Of course Harbaugh is a rookie year coach rebuild. It didn't take him long to do something with the same team Nowin and SingleBrainCell never could....
They deserve it for now
They are 5-0. They are the oldest NFLfranchise to never be in a Superbowl. They have huge stars in Megatron, Stafford, Suh. Lots of reasons.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 11, 2011 at 6:14 PM ]

I heard a stat where in a 52 game span they went like 5-47. Good for them for being 5-0 but come sunday I hope we knock them back to reality
same reason as this

People like dick ridin winning teams
They deserve all the attention they are getting.

The reason you should be upset is because the Niners, who are one overtime loss away from also being undefeated, are getting very little national attention.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Micky6!! where have you been these past few years? great to hear from you!

I've been around... sheepish and quiet. You know, picking my spots. Thanks for the kind words.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I have no problem with the Lions getting love but I was listening to DC radio yesterday and they had a guy on there from The Sporting News. He said the Lions were the #2 best team in the NFL (NFL, not NFC) behind the Packers and they or the Pack would represent the NFC for the SB.

Again, I'm happy for the Lions but calling them SB contenders is just plain silly. I'll judge them when they have played a very good team (Niners) and two games against a GREAT team (Packers)
Share 49ersWebzone