There are 265 users in the forums

Why is everyone (ESPN - analysts/commentators) riding the Detriot Lions' nuts?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JREED23:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 9er_84:
I see you are probably heavily emphasizing "coast" in this statement. DET, longitudinally, is lined up with Florida, not TEX.

And TEX...you mean the state that is known for football, lives, breathes and dies for football? That state? Not exactly the same as Missouri.

Detroits in michigan

Yeah but saying DET is not in the East is like saying PHX is not in the West.
Tell that to someone from Detroit.

They deserve it - plain and simple. Members on here are overvaluing the 9ers and undervaluing opponents - currently: Lions > 9ers

No one said they don't deserve it. I think the reasoning for people being miffed at their attention of being 5-0 is that we only have one less loss and on top of that, everyone had us predicted to be crappy because all odds were against us with the lockout, new coach, crap QB,...yet, we are 4-1. Hence, the "East Coast" bias.
Originally posted by echav4949:
I think our front seven on defense will dominate and suprise the NFL. Also imo harbaugh will outcoach schwartz if things get really ugly. Niners have a better chance at winning this game. Especially cause special teams puts us in great positions almost everytime. Im not saying Alex wont get sacked or pressured or maybe even throw an interception but i believe in harbaugh and this team as a whole. Go Niners!!!

With the mismatches Delanie and Vernon create, I think Harbaugh can out coach any coach in the league.
Frank - "The Lions didn't want to play no more."

I don't know who their linebackers are, but in theory, our tight ends should be able to shred the middle of their defense.
That is if we have a lot of short passes and establish a good running attack. We need to give Alex enough time to get
the ball into the Lions' secondary. This game will be all about creating mismatches, and most of the time we do that
with VD and Delanie. They need to have big games. We need to get a bunch of screens to Kendall Hunter too. I don't
feel like he was utilized as well against Tampa Bay as he was in the Philly game.
Originally posted by Psinex:

I don't know who their linebackers are,

I believe it'll be Either Bobby Carpenter or Charlie Pepprah on Vernon, which on paper at least seems like a huge advantage to Vernon. And it's almost an equal advantage to Delanie with those guys on him.

Lions do have a good young safety in Delmas though, so we'll see.
Let the media and everyone ride their nuts. It is great for us. I want the 49ers to just fly under the radar for as long as possible.
Originally posted by TlSSER:

i don't know, might be the whole undefeated thing?

just a guess
They're 5-0, have an explosive offense and a young and exciting defense, and they're impossible to hate due to their long history of being horrible. They deserve a little nut riding, no reason it should bother us.
media loves captain comeback stories?
Shoot, >>>I'M<<< excited for the Lions! Going across sports but maybe it's the Warriors fan in me. That's a bigger loser organization than the GSW. And if they can do it... That said, here's to their first loss next Sunday.
At least this year's annual Thanksgiving game (Det vs GB) should be an enjoyable game as warm up for ours!

Originally posted by putangina:
Shoot, >>>I'M<<< excited for the Lions! Going across sports but maybe it's the Warriors fan in me. That's a bigger loser organization than the GSW. And if they can do it... That said, here's to their first loss next Sunday.

I wouldn't mind the Niners destroying DET good start and their confidence sending them back spiraling down to the league basement. It's going to be tough but losing to a "crap" team like the Niners will get their fans pissed like it did to PHI and Bucs fans.

It's kind of fun being a fan of the underdog. No pressure, and everything to gain.
5-1 boys, 5-1.
Originally posted by putangina:

I wouldn't mind the Niners destroying DET good start and their confidence sending them back spiraling down to the league basement. It's going to be tough but losing to a "crap" team like the Niners will get their fans pissed like it did to PHI and Bucs fans.

It's kind of fun being a fan of the underdog. No pressure, and everything to gain.

Originally posted by JREED23:
Originally posted by 9er_84:
I see you are probably heavily emphasizing "coast" in this statement. DET, longitudinally, is lined up with Florida, not TEX.

And TEX...you mean the state that is known for football, lives, breathes and dies for football? That state? Not exactly the same as Missouri.

Detroits in michigan

Yeah but saying DET is not in the East is like saying PHX is not in the West.
Tell that to someone from Detroit.

They deserve it - plain and simple. Members on here are overvaluing the 9ers and undervaluing opponents - currently: Lions > 9ers

No one said they don't deserve it. I think the reasoning for people being miffed at their attention of being 5-0 is that we only have one less loss and on top of that, everyone had us predicted to be crappy because all odds were against us with the lockout, new coach, crap QB,...yet, we are 4-1. Hence, the "East Coast" bias.

EXACTLY. Joe....it looks like you are the only one to understand why I even started this thread.
After we smack them LIONS in the mouth.Those commentator on ESPN will be riding our nuts.................
Originally posted by JD9671:
After we smack them LIONS in the mouth.Those commentator on ESPN will be riding our nuts.................

+1
Share 49ersWebzone