There are 144 users in the forums

Why is everyone (ESPN - analysts/commentators) riding the Detriot Lions' nuts?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hope they finally make it to the SB, even if it means beating the Packers and if the Niners were already eliminated.
Because a few years ago they were 0-16. The worst record in modern football era. Frankly, I prefer to keep flying under the radar and improve every week like we've been doing.
Cuz there bad ass

Best wr I have seen since Jerry.....best dt I have ever seen.

The lions rock
hater
Originally posted by Amir:
I have no problem with the Lions getting love but I was listening to DC radio yesterday and they had a guy on there from The Sporting News. He said the Lions were the #2 best team in the NFL (NFL, not NFC) behind the Packers and they or the Pack would represent the NFC for the SB.

Again, I'm happy for the Lions but calling them SB contenders is just plain silly. I'll judge them when they have played a very good team (Niners) and two games against a GREAT team (Packers)

The 49ers are a well coached team...they are not a very good team.

I love the 49ers.....but the lions have more talent were it matters....I don't see the 49ers being able to block the lions d line
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Amir:
I have no problem with the Lions getting love but I was listening to DC radio yesterday and they had a guy on there from The Sporting News. He said the Lions were the #2 best team in the NFL (NFL, not NFC) behind the Packers and they or the Pack would represent the NFC for the SB.

Again, I'm happy for the Lions but calling them SB contenders is just plain silly. I'll judge them when they have played a very good team (Niners) and two games against a GREAT team (Packers)

The 49ers are a well coached team...they are not a very good team.

I love the 49ers.....but the lions have more talent were it matters....I don't see the 49ers being able to block the lions d line

Last season the 49ers had better talent (where it mattered) than the entire NFC West, but they were the worst 'coached team' in the NFC West; that's why they couldn't lock up the worst division in the NFL.

Lions are talent + mediocre coaching ability.
I love that they are the ones getting all the recognition right now, they are the ones everyone says is the baddest team on the block, the team that is so awesome and cool and haven't lost a game. Let them lather up the Lions ballsacks with their tonsils verbally, because the 49ers are coming to town next sunday, and they are not going to be feeling as bubbly and happy about themselves as the Lions will be. They are going to pissed off and ready to hit something, and that something is the Lions, right square in their happy little mouths.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Last season the 49ers had better talent (where it mattered) than the entire NFC West, but they were the worst 'coached team' in the NFC West; that's why they couldn't lock up the worst division in the NFL.

I disagree ......

The lions do not have historically bad coaching ......the 49ers post smooches and pre harbs .......were not NFL level in fact they were epic bad.

The lions at worst have average coaching....leaning towards above average.

The lions are a very...talented team.....unlike last year they are healthy too.
Think about this;

They did five times of what we couldn't do the first 6 games last season.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

I disagree ......

The lions do not have historically bad coaching ......the 49ers post smooches and pre harbs .......were not NFL level in fact they were epic bad.

Not technically coach, but it didn't matter.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Think about this;

They did five times of what we couldn't do the first 6 games last season.

You just blew my mind dude!
I root for everthing Detroit, except when facing us.

Plain and simple the economy hit that city the worst.
  • Sman
Originally posted by Janitor:

I disagree ......

I remember when this fool kept drafting wr's in the first round.....lol...now the raiders want him as GM?
Originally posted by Janitor:

I disagree ......

He picked Calvin Johnson didn't he?
Reasons why Detroit are getting so much attention:

1. They are a good team. And they are a good team built around a core of good players - they could be a good team for a few seasons. Having said this, the hype they are getting is way beyond how good this team is - they are not a great team, not the best in the league etc, they are simply a good team - and the reasons why they are being hyped beyond how good they are ...

2. They have been historically awful. Truly dreadful. In the recent past we've had 0-16 and record road losing streaks. Going further the Lions' post season history is next to non-existent. This is one heck of a turnaround - that makes for a good media story.

3. They're doing it in a place that is hardest hit by the economy. That makes for a good media story.

Is this Lions team as good as the attention they are getting? No - it's other factors that have added to the attention. Does that mean this Lions team is not a good team? No, they're good, just not as good as you might think if these things were measured on column inches alone.
Share 49ersWebzone