There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Cam Newton Freight Train of Outstandingness

Originally posted by YungAce:
isn't the rook patrick peterson their #1 cornerback? if adrian wilson is still injured, i wouldn't doubt that they'll struggle throughout the year. ironically enough, rodgers-cromartie looked out of place in philly, but it's only week 1.

PP got burnt a few times.
pretty amazing game. I thought Cam was the kind of player that was going to need several years to develop and that going #1 to Carolina and playing right away he'd just end up being another Alex. i would never, ever have thought that he'd have that kind of game in the first couple years in the NFL, let alone the first game. Who knows how his first year will look as a whole, but what an incredible game. If I was a Panthers fan today, I'd be f**king stoked.
Simply watching him....the way he drops back, the way he stands upright in the pocket, and the way he makes throwing the football look so easy....this guy is the real deal.
I was very impressed. Certainly rooting for them to beat AZ.
Did not expect that. I'll keep an eye on him throughout the year. I'd like to see how he does against a tougher D. If they get him a WR like Blackmon or Jeffery next year, I think we can expect more games like this.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cards have one of the worst Secondaries in the league, Great game for him but lets not suck his dick after 1 game

Yeah, we got our own QBs dick to suck. I had wet dreams of Smith's 2 yard pass to a covered reciever for zero yards. I'm pissed it didn't make the ESPN highlights. East Coast bias in full effect!!!
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
STOP WITH THESE STUPID NICKNAME PHRASES YOU GUYS MAKE FOR PLAYERS THEY SOUND DUMB A$$ F*CK!!!

Beep Beep! Here comes the RedNGold Go-Kart of Grumpiness!
STOP WITH THESE STUPID NICKNAME PHRASES YOU GUYS MAKE FOR PLAYERS THEY SOUND DUMB A$$ F*CK!!!

Someone needs some xanax, relax dude.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

• Paul
  • Veteran
Always liked him prior to the draft.. I think he could be the next Vince Young (when he was playing well with the Titans)
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

lol
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
He surprised me, I thought of him as a more athletic version of JMR. Could I be wrong? Looks that way so far. Maybe Carolina won't finish in the bottom three as I predicted.

count me in as one of the millions whom thought CN wouldn't amount to sh!t. breaking PM's rookie passing record is a good way to shut up Nay-Sayers like myself.
Originally posted by verb1der:
The Cardinals defense is so crappy they make Cam Newton look like Tom Brady.

Damn, we play the Cards twice a year and will probably never get close to 400 yards.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Damn, we play the Cards twice a year and will probably never get close to 400 yards.

this. i don't like the arrgument of how the only reason cam newton did well is because the cardinals secondary is garbage. I hate including alex smith in discussions, and im not even a hater, but he would never put up those type of numbers
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Joecool:

this. i don't like the arrgument of how the only reason cam newton did well is because the cardinals secondary is garbage. I hate including alex smith in discussions, and im not even a hater, but he would never put up those type of numbers

Yea I was just kidding, but what are the chances this was a fluke performance?!