LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

The Cam Newton Freight Train of Outstandingness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by toeknee:
Originally posted by Garcia:
You guys think Cam is worth #1 overall in fantasy?

Yes

Depends on scoring. He could be round 1 to round 5 depending on the scoring rules. He is a top 5 QB in fantasy points IMO.

If you draft him he will probably make you pay a fee $50
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Everything i've seen suggests to me that he played well, but Steve Smith played out of his mind. Seemed like there was a lot of chucking it up and Steve going to get it. Not saying that he didn't play well, but imagine how much better Alex might have been with receivers that didn't consistently drop the ball.
I'm sure there will be a lot of people reaching for Newton in most drafts, but I think I would rather have Rodgers, Brady, or Brees over him. He had 14 rushing TDs last season, odds are that he can't reach that number again....which was the main reason he was do valuable last season.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
I'm sure there will be a lot of people reaching for Newton in most drafts, but I think I would rather have Rodgers, Brady, or Brees over him. He had 14 rushing TDs last season, odds are that he can't reach that number again....which was the main reason he was do valuable last season.

this
No way would I take Cam #1 overall.

His style of play leads to injuries, fantasy wise he slumped in the 2nd half.

He without a doubt has the potential to be the #1 qb, but when there's slam dunk picks like Rodgers on the board I'm passing.

I haven't quite broke my ratings down but I'd probally have him 5-10 at the qb position.
Originally posted by Chief:
Depends on scoring. He could be round 1 to round 5 depending on the scoring rules. He is a top 5 QB in fantasy points IMO.

I would only take Rodgers and Brady top 5 Cam I would take late 1st probably.
Share 49ersWebzone