There are 276 users in the forums

[RUMORS] inside source: 49ers to discuss trade for Samuel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
that would be the stupidest s**t if we give up a 2nd

he is better than any cb we could find in the 2nd round......and he has excelled in NE and PHI

This. Normally I would not be OK with a trade like this, but it is slim pickings in the free agent market right now. He is still one of the better corners in the league, and unlike Clements, is a pure man cover corner. The Eagles have always been aggressive with their schemes and rely on their corners to hold their own in coverage. Samuel is capable of doing this and would be an upgrade over Nate.

you'd want to give up a high 2nd round pick?

I'd understand if we were on the brink of playoffs, but new coach, new system, no qbs, and you want to give up a 2nd rounder thats top 5?

Like I said, under normal circumstances I would not be ok with this. I'm just sweating bullets thinking about Spencer and Brown as our starting corners, and there appears to be no remaining solution through FA. I'm not as high on Richard Marshall as others are around here. Should we bring back Clements? Could be a good idea at this point.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Dude is like 29 right? (i forget) Won't he be like nate 2.0?

Asante Samuel >>>> Nate Clements and it's always been that way. If the Patriots didn't franchise tag him, he would have gotten Nate's contract.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The Eagles rip teams off, I wouldn't deal with them.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by zBrah:
doubt the niners get him

They will, it's the f**king 49ers. We'll take an old dude with a s**tty contract over something better on the market (which we'll not even bother to compete for).

Baalke should be f**king fired after this season, this is f**king pathetic.

This.
we would be stupid not to go after asante. He's still a good fn player.
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by zBrah:
doubt the niners get him

They will, it's the f**king 49ers. We'll take an old dude with a s**tty contract over something better on the market (which we'll not even bother to compete for).

Baalke should be f**king fired after this season, this is f**king pathetic.

This.

You two are hilarious. We have a chance to get a pro bowl ball hawk in his prime and you guys are mad about dealing a second rounder who most likely won amount to much. He'd be better than any cb we have had since deion.
Originally posted by FL9er:
The Eagles rip teams off, I wouldn't deal with them.

This is true. Getting a 2nd round pick and a young probowl corner for Kevin Kolb is highway robbery. They didn't even have any leverage in trade talks since AZ was the only team in the market for his services.
There is no chance we get him, people are hoping too hard.
Are we really gonna set ourselves up like this again?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Patriots will end up getting him for like a 6th round pick.

i nearly spit my drink

Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
There is no chance we get him, people are hoping too hard.

We should save our Draft pics, and pick up Orton.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not a chance in the world we get Samuel. Simply not happening.

More of this, plus the price is too high.
Guys the cap number on Asante Samuel will not be 9mill. It will be less, because the Eagles will be charged with paying his bonus which inflates the cap. His cap number will be in the 5-7million dollar range.

Stay Tuned.. Ill keep you posted.

Expect the Dashon Goldson decision within the next 48hrs. Eric Weddle Contract range.
Share 49ersWebzone