LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

[RUMORS] inside source: 49ers to discuss trade for Samuel

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm starting to get the feeling that the top free agents just don't want to play for the 49ers. Probably going to have to overpay to get (or even keep) anybody decent.
Originally posted by vermonator:
I'm starting to get the feeling that the top free agents just don't want to play for the 49ers. Probably going to have to overpay to get (or even keep) anybody decent.

Anyone with a choice doesn't want to play for the 49ers. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't people who would rather retire than play for the 49ers.
Originally posted by area49:

Anyone with a choice doesn't want to play for the 49ers. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't people who would rather retire than play for the 49ers.

That might be taking it a bit far

But if we were in LA, everyone would love to play for us.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

But if we were in LA, everyone would love to play for us.

they would PAY us to play for us lol
His best years are done.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
His best years are done.

no.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by zBrah:
doubt the niners get him

They will, it's the f**king 49ers. We'll take an old dude with a s**tty contract over something better on the market (which we'll not even bother to compete for).

Baalke should be f**king fired after this season, this is f**king pathetic.

This.

You two are hilarious. We have a chance to get a pro bowl ball hawk in his prime and you guys are mad about dealing a second rounder who most likely won amount to much. He'd be better than any cb we have had since deion.

It doesn't really matter anyway. The Patriots or some other REAL organization will probably snatch him away from us at the last minute.

Can you please change your username? From a distance it looks too similar to mine and I don't want the respected posters on this site to associate your posts with my name.
Originally posted by aman49:
doubt the niners get him

They will, it's the f**king 49ers. We'll take an old dude with a s**tty contract over something better on the market (which we'll not even bother to compete for).

This.

You two are hilarious. We have a chance to get a pro bowl ball hawk in his prime and you guys are mad about dealing a second rounder who most likely won amount to much. He'd be better than any cb we have had since deion.

It doesn't really matter anyway. The Patriots or some other REAL organization will probably snatch him away from us at the last minute.

Can you please change your username? From a distance it looks too similar to mine and I don't want the respected posters on this site to associate your posts with my name.

Funny you brought this up, because i thought he was you in another thread lulz.
doubt the niners get him

This.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

If you look at most of the players in college who played for Coach Harbaugh or played against him they absolutely adore coach. I know it's not college any more but if the NFL guys feel the same way word will spread and players will be influenced by that.

Maybe Baalke is low balling everyone? I just don't see how Takeo would have us 5th, Laboy has us 3rd, etc. Maybe guys don't want to play for a college coach. We don't know the details though. All these rumors maybe we just inquired to see what they where looking for and backed off. So many false reports as well. If we knew that we were offering as much as everybody else on all these players we supposedly inquired about then there would be a problem.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
doubt the niners get him

This.

Funny you brought this up, because i thought he was you in another thread lulz.

I actually understand football from the X's and O's and business side, so if you think it's nonsensical gibberish, I probably didn't write it.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WildBill:
What is his contract numbers?

2/29/2008: Signed a six-year, $57.14 million contract. The deal included a $6 million signing bonus, first-year roster bonus of $1 million, and second-year roster bonus of $7 million. Another $4.5 million is available through incentives. 2011: $5.9 million, 2012: $8.4 million, 2013: $10.4 million, 2014: Free Agent

On NFLN they were saying 9+ the next two years, then 11+ in 2013.

That is with bonuses. If we trade for him we only take on his base salary, which would be 5.9M(11), 8.4M(12) and 10.4M(13).

We could of course extend him and re-do his deal.
asante is a really good corner.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Nolan got people to sign with us. Harbaugh needs to pull out the hellichoppers!
Share 49ersWebzone