There are 387 users in the forums

football players=slaves??

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Overkill:
I want to be a slave.

you can be my sex slave

done
Way to alienate the GP from your position. They're already pissed about Billionaires arguing with Millionaires.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Dumbass. I hate it when people like that are ungrateful for what they have.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Overkill:
I want to be a slave.

you can be my sex slave

You taking applications?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Dumbass. I hate it when people like that are ungrateful for what they have.

I think it's more about frustration than anything else. I'll give him the benefit of doubt here.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wow.

Lol, modern day slavery? You're making millions of dollars to play a game.

Ryan Grant takes issue with Adrian Peterson’s slavery comment

The minute we saw Adrian Peterson compare the plight of the NFL player to “modern-day slavery,” we knew it was a comment that would get attention.

It didn’t take long for another player to take issue with it.

“I have to totally disagree with Adrian Peterson’s comparison to this situation being Modern day slavery. . . false,” Packers running back Ryan Grant wrote on Twitter. “Their is unfortunately actually still slavery existing in our world.. Literal modern day slavery.. That was a very misinformed statement. I understand what point he was trying to make.. I just feel like he should have been advised a little differently.”

Peterson will be given the chance to clarify his comments, and we’re sure he’ll put it into better context. For now, it looks like another comment to add to the mix from players and owners that lacks perspective.

We keep hearing about this fight in the context of future generations of players. Of fighting for rights.

Let’s just call it what it is: Both sides are trying to equitably distribute a lot of money. More money than previous generations of players could imagine.

That’s worth fighting over, but let’s stop trying to make it sound heroic.

[ Edited by jrg on Mar 15, 2011 at 22:14:52 ]
here's the interview
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Like I said before, I think AP spoke with emotion and frustration. I doubt he actually feels that way.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Like I said before, I think AP spoke with emotion and frustration. I doubt he actually feels that way.

Ah ok..I don't know the full story..just came across this on Twitter.

I can haz Millions of dollars to be a slave and have hot chicks throw their "goodies" at me
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
I can haz Millions of dollars to be a slave and have hot chicks throw their "goodies" at me

No s**t. If being in the NFL is "modern day slavery"...where do I sign up?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Ah ok..I don't know the full story..just came across this on Twitter.

It has to do with 18 game season - where he is basically saying that the owners are only concerned with profits and not with players health and implying that as a certain aspect of slavery. I know he made a ridiculous statement, but I think I know what he was tryin' to say.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 15, 2011 at 22:29:11 ]
Adrian Peterson is a jackass.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
$100 million dollar players out there and its called modern day slavery.

Honestly, this makes me want to side with the owners even more.
Share 49ersWebzone