football players=slaves??

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont think slaves got paid millions of dollars

This is the first thing I thought of when I read it. I also like the comment where he feels players are being "ripped off". What a f**king joke! Isn't the minimum non-star player wage somewhere in the $200k/year range?

I don't give a s**t how much the owners are making. Its their business and they should be interested in being as profitable as possible. I think it would be absurd for me to go to my boss and say I need more of the companies cut because it is more profitable.

The players need a f**king reality check and need to come down to our world in its current economic s**t-hole that we are in. They will quickly realize they should be grateful for what they have.

the owners aren't being unrealistic about the economic s**thole that we're in? They seem to believe they are entitled to make a record profit every year no matter what and that when they don't they are "hurting."

This is America. They are entitled to do whatever the f**k they want to get as rich as possible. So am I and so are you. God bless America.

its a nice sentiment, but not really how it works (Bernie Madoff is the first example to pop into my head). But sure, I can agree with you in general terms, but that would include the players, too, doing "whatever the f**k they want to get as rich as possible." No?

Definitely! The difference is that they don't own any part of the business, they are employees. What do we as employees do if we don't like our job? If they don't like theirs, they can go flip burgers and try to pay their mansions with that wage.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i love AP, but that was a f**king stupid comment

This is the first thing I thought of when I read it. I also like the comment where he feels players are being "ripped off". What a f**king joke! Isn't the minimum non-star player wage somewhere in the $200k/year range?

I don't give a s**t how much the owners are making. Its their business and they should be interested in being as profitable as possible. I think it would be absurd for me to go to my boss and say I need more of the companies cut because it is more profitable.

The players need a f**king reality check and need to come down to our world in its current economic s**t-hole that we are in. They will quickly realize they should be grateful for what they have.

the owners aren't being unrealistic about the economic s**thole that we're in? They seem to believe they are entitled to make a record profit every year no matter what and that when they don't they are "hurting."

This is America. They are entitled to do whatever the f**k they want to get as rich as possible. So am I and so are you. God bless America.

its a nice sentiment, but not really how it works (Bernie Madoff is the first example to pop into my head). But sure, I can agree with you in general terms, but that would include the players, too, doing "whatever the f**k they want to get as rich as possible." No?

Definitely! The difference is that they don't own any part of the business, they are employees. What do we as employees do if we don't like our job? If they don't like theirs, they can go flip burgers and try to pay their mansions with that wage.

an elite athlete is a very different employee than a line cook.

anyway, am i supposed to believe that the ideal world is one where everyone is a business owner?

They have more bargaining ability than you do, what with the league being about them, which is why there's bargaining going on.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

They have more bargaining ability than you do, what with the league being about them, which is why there's bargaining going on.

Exactly.

No One pays $16000 for seats to watch you flip burgers.
Understand what he means...but he just shouldn't have said it.
He will always be remembered for his retarded comment.

I now question the education given by the history department at Oklahoma U.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Exactly.

It's true. They can try to improve their wages, but they should also realize how good they have it. I, for one, have no sympathy for their cause. Do you know what higher pay for them means for us? High ticket prices, etc.

The truth is, if they don't feel like they are compensated enough for their work, they should try to find the same compensation doing something else. If they can great. If they can't stop winning because you have it WAY better than the vast majority of the world's population.

I am going to spend my time supporting the real laborers who actually do something productive for our society.

They only play a game....
Originally posted by aclarke49:

Exactly.

It's true. They can try to improve their wages, but they should also realize how good they have it. I, for one, have no sympathy for their cause. Do you know what higher pay for them means for us? High ticket prices, etc.

The truth is, if they don't feel like they are compensated enough for their work, they should try to find the same compensation doing something else. If they can great. If they can't stop winning because you have it WAY better than the vast majority of the world's population.

I am going to spend my time supporting the real laborers who actually do something productive for our society.

This is a face Off between millionaires (players) and billionaires (Owners) crying poor.

It just happens that the billionaires want another billion more from the last CBA the owners opted out of.

Exactly.

Why would they try to find a different job when they get paid very well to do this one?

I hate this idea that someone should just not use any bargaining power they have at their disposal. If they can try to get more money, good for them. "They should realize how good they have it". They do. They also realize how much better they can have it, and since they're grownups and they're allowed to negotiate, that's what they do.

They also only have a short time to make this money, so they want to make the most of it.

Yes, they have it better than most of the world. That's life for people that generate a ton of money.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Why would they try to find a different job when they get paid very well to do this one?

I hate this idea that someone should just not use any bargaining power they have at their disposal. If they can try to get more money, good for them. "They should realize how good they have it". They do. They also realize how much better they can have it, and since they're grownups and they're allowed to negotiate, that's what they do.

They also only have a short time to make this money, so they want to make the most of it.

Yes, they have it better than most of the world. That's life for people that generate a ton of money.

If you agree that they already get paid very well, then you must agree that they need to stop their b***hing and show up to "work".
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Exactly.

If you agree that they already get paid very well, then you must agree that they need to stop their b***hing and show up to "work".

they aren't on strike.
Share 49ersWebzone