There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seahawks to sign Nate Davis

Don't underestimate SEA.

Look at what they did with Mike Williams.
They made our coaches look stupid by effectively using Robinson.
They got exponentially better stats out of Balmer.

f**k you former Niners coaches!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Osfler:
odds on Alex Smith becoming a pro-bowl player: 0.00000000000000025%
odds on Nate Davis becoming the next Joe Montana/Steve Young/John Elway/Jerry Rice/Barry Sanders/Lott/Michael Jordan/Based God: 10000000000000%

You should be banned for this comment alone. How can you possibly be THIS ridiculous?

The fact that you mention any of those real people (f**k that base god s**t...its f**king retarded)..in the same sentence as Nate f**king Davis...a guy who was a BACKUP to the big bad Alex Smith and Troy Smith...and can't even remember a f**king playbook....should be worthy IMO.

/rant

pretty sure it was a joke.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
The 2 major factors I see in Nate Davis not being able to become a legit NFL QB are outlined in this June 2010 article:

The quarterback, 49ers second-year pro Nate Davis, has dyslexia and often works for close to 45 minutes at night with housemate and Niners wide receiver Dominique Zeigler to master the system. Davis' learning disability often causes him to mix up basics like left and right - not a good thing in the football world when sets and blocking patterns depend on directions.

He has a tough time "getting the play out" and actually executing a given call.

"I know what I'm doing out there. It's just saying the play, that's my main problem, getting the words out," Davis said. "I made big progress from last year. I've just got to keep on working."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-06-08/49ers-qb-davis-working-hard-learn-playbook#ixzz1AnFGbrhP

-Before starting your 2nd year in the league you are studying "up to 45 minutes a night" on the playbook. Is that because he doesn't have work ethic, or because of his learning disability he can't spend long hours learning the playbook?

-He has a hard time hearing the play and then repeating it verbally in the huddle. If his dyslexia is also effecting verbalizing an NFL play call in the huddle I just think it will hold him back too much to be successful.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Don't underestimate SEA.

Look at what they did with Mike Williams.
They made our coaches look stupid by effectively using Robinson.
They got exponentially better stats out of Balmer.

f**k you former Niners coaches!!!!!!!!!

Carroll > Singletary, however, it's not hard to get better stats out of Balmer. All they had to do was play him and his stats were going to be better.

I'm not worried about Nate Davis. There are project players with loads of talent every year. Robinson is the cut I didn't agree with however. I felt he could have made a good FB (which ironically what he plays in Seattle), caught passes out of the backfield (which he does do well), and thrown the occasional HB option. His skills on special teams were unquestioned. To cut him because of his lack of ability in the running game, and then for Singletary to not even use the backs we had until Gore got hurt is a head scratcher. With a returner like Ginn, having a guy like Robinson may be worth two TDs and great field position all year long.