There are 192 users in the forums

Seahawks to sign Nate Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
I liked Nate Davis, but was disappointed in hearing about his poor work ethic and weight gain. I still think he's going to be a good QB in the league.

It really doesn't matter how good Nate is going to be, now. What matters is if Balke and Harbaugh can find the next franchise QB for the 49ers. If they can it's all good.

RIP NATE WASHINGTON
"Welcome to Seattle: Where former 49er players go to die"
Carroll: "So, Nate, what kind of inside secrets can you tell us about the 49ers offense."
Nate: "Off...fence? Nate not on fence."
Carrol: "No, O-F-F-E-N-S-E"
Nate: "Ohhh you mean when me throw ball far?"
Carroll: "Umm, yes, sort of. I was just wondering if you have any inside knowledge of the 49ers playbook."
Nate: "Playbook too confusing say Singletary, He tell Nate to throw ball to red colored jerseys. Nate likes to throw ball far..."

Carroll" "Hey Scott! Is this the best you can get me from the 49ers?! Get Alex Smith on the line."
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by babyshaq90:
NFL TALK BRO

um Nate Davis is the next coming of Jesus Christ on this forum, and as such this is big news for niner talk. why don't you go to NFL TALK BRO.

it was posted in the Nate Davis thread which used to be in Niner talk but now since he is a Seahawk it has been moved to NFL talk.

Search Function is your friend

Skynet became self-aware of the Nate Davis thread in NFL Talk at 1:15 PM on 11 Jan 2011.

I love these posters who think it is their job to be mods without mod powers.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
I knew this was going to happen. As soon as Sing KNEW he didn't ever want to play david Carr he should have been let go and Davis brought up.

Dude WILL be a good QB in this league.

As soon as he learns the Alphabet

its getting old dude.... and you're not funny anymore
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
"Welcome to Seattle: Where former 49er players go to die"

that is true...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This is me not caring.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Carroll: "So, Nate, what kind of inside secrets can you tell us about the 49ers offense."
Nate: "Off...fence? Nate not on fence."
Carrol: "No, O-F-F-E-N-S-E"
Nate: "Ohhh you mean when me throw ball far?"
Carroll: "Umm, yes, sort of. I was just wondering if you have any inside knowledge of the 49ers playbook."
Nate: "Playbook too confusing say Singletary, He tell Nate to throw ball to red colored jerseys. Nate likes to throw ball far..."

Carroll" "Hey Scott! Is this the best you can get me from the 49ers?! Get Alex Smith on the line."

Ohh wait, Alex is playing arena football
Originally posted by fly15:
I knew this was going to happen. As soon as Sing KNEW he didn't ever want to play david Carr he should have been let go and Davis brought up.

Dude WILL be a good QB in this league.

As soon as he learns the Alphabet

its getting old dude.... and you're not funny anymore

damn, you guys hate nate davis
The 2 major factors I see in Nate Davis not being able to become a legit NFL QB are outlined in this June 2010 article:

The quarterback, 49ers second-year pro Nate Davis, has dyslexia and often works for close to 45 minutes at night with housemate and Niners wide receiver Dominique Zeigler to master the system. Davis' learning disability often causes him to mix up basics like left and right - not a good thing in the football world when sets and blocking patterns depend on directions.

He has a tough time "getting the play out" and actually executing a given call.

"I know what I'm doing out there. It's just saying the play, that's my main problem, getting the words out," Davis said. "I made big progress from last year. I've just got to keep on working."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-06-08/49ers-qb-davis-working-hard-learn-playbook#ixzz1AnFGbrhP

-Before starting your 2nd year in the league you are studying "up to 45 minutes a night" on the playbook. Is that because he doesn't have work ethic, or because of his learning disability he can't spend long hours learning the playbook?

-He has a hard time hearing the play and then repeating it verbally in the huddle. If his dyslexia is also effecting verbalizing an NFL play call in the huddle I just think it will hold him back too much to be successful.
Maybe in the next 15 years he will be able to learn their offense.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Now i'm not saying he's the next coming or anything. But he was the best QB we had on the team and that without any kind of QB development.

You can talk about him being lazy or unmotivated but dude was accurate on the field, had good pocket presence.

As for not knowing the playbook, we scored most of our td's in the preseason with him under center. Against 3rd and 4th stringers yes, but, he obviously knnew the playbook good enough right?

-He's an idiot, and gained 20 pounds.
-He wasn't accurate. Hail mary's aren't supposed to be accurate. He could throw those but that's not a pass you do every play. That really was his only impressive pass, that one long hail mary.
-We saw him in PRESEASON, and not against starters. You think our coaches really had him following the playbook in preseason? It's pretty much just trying to find an open guy and going for him.

Harbaugh's playbook is going to be way more complicated and diverse than singletary's, if he couldn't learn singletary's tiny playbook wtf is he going to do with harbaugh's?

I don't care if he was amazing in preseason, there's a reason dumbasses don't often succeed playing this position. There's so much to think about when a real pass rush is coming down on you and good CB's are covering your receiving options.
I never cared much for Nate. I thought he had a great arm and IMO, he was pretty accurate. he threw straight up lasers. But if he can't learn an nfl playbook in TWO years, you have big problems. Plus, it was Rayes 3 page playbook, and all the pages had the same run up the gut play, so what was so difficult to learn?
Share 49ersWebzone