LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Seahawks to sign Nate Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I never cared much for Nate. I thought he had a great arm and IMO, he was pretty accurate. he threw straight up lasers. But if he can't learn an nfl playbook in TWO years, you have big problems. Plus, it was Rayes 3 page playbook, and all the pages had the same run up the gut play, so what was so difficult to learn?

He kept trying to find the hail mary plays.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by babyshaq90:
NFL TALK BRO

um Nate Davis is the next coming of Jesus Christ on this forum, and as such this is big news for niner talk. why don't you go to NFL TALK BRO.

it was posted in the Nate Davis thread which used to be in Niner talk but now since he is a Seahawk it has been moved to NFL talk.

Search Function is your friend

Skynet became self-aware of the Nate Davis thread in NFL Talk at 1:15 PM on 11 Jan 2011.

I love these posters who think it is their job to be mods without mod powers.

odds on Alex Smith becoming a pro-bowl player: 0.00000000000000025%
odds on Nate Davis becoming the next Joe Montana/Steve Young/John Elway/Jerry Rice/Barry Sanders/Lott/Michael Jordan/Based God: 10000000000000%
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Osfler:
odds on Nate Davis becoming the next Joe Montana/Steve Young/John Elway/Jerry Rice/Barry Sanders/Lott/Michael Jordan/Based God: 10000000000000%

You should be banned for this comment alone. How can you possibly be THIS ridiculous?

The fact that you mention any of those real people (f**k that base god s**t...its f**king retarded)..in the same sentence as Nate f**king Davis...a guy who was a BACKUP to the big bad Alex Smith and Troy Smith...and can't even remember a f**king playbook....should be worthy IMO.

/rant
Originally posted by jrg:

You should be banned for this comment alone. How can you possibly be THIS ridiculous?

The fact that you mention any of those real people (f**k that base god s**t...its f**king retarded)..in the same sentence as Nate f**king Davis...a guy who was a BACKUP to the big bad Alex Smith and Troy Smith...and can't even remember a f**king playbook....should be worthy IMO.

/rant

He wasn't even a back up he was a damn practice squad player who gained 20+lbs and failed to learn the simplest playbook in the NFL. Good luck with that one Seattle you have the sharpest marble in the NFL now.
psshhh. Nate (based god) Davis will be NFL's all time greatest QB!! did you not see his 6000yard pass?
only the re-signing of Zack Kaesey and Cody Picket will offset this tragic moment in 49ers history!!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

/rant

He wasn't even a back up he was a damn practice squad player who gained 20+lbs and failed to learn the simplest playbook in the NFL. Good luck with that one Seattle you have the sharpest marble in the NFL now.

exactly..but people thought he was so great for some reason...

/rant

Is your sarcasm meter broke?

Anyways. Glad this scrub is gone. Dumb with no evident passion for the game. If this dude saw any success he'd be a diva.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by krizay:
Now i'm not saying he's the next coming or anything. But he was the best QB we had on the team and that without any kind of QB development.

You can talk about him being lazy or unmotivated but dude was accurate on the field, had good pocket presence.

As for not knowing the playbook, we scored most of our td's in the preseason with him under center. Against 3rd and 4th stringers yes, but, he obviously knnew the playbook good enough right?

-He's an idiot, and gained 20 pounds.
-He wasn't accurate. Hail mary's aren't supposed to be accurate. He could throw those but that's not a pass you do every play. That really was his only impressive pass, that one long hail mary.
-We saw him in PRESEASON, and not against starters. You think our coaches really had him following the playbook in preseason? It's pretty much just trying to find an open guy and going for him.

Harbaugh's playbook is going to be way more complicated and diverse than singletary's, if he couldn't learn singletary's tiny playbook wtf is he going to do with harbaugh's?

I don't care if he was amazing in preseason, there's a reason dumbasses don't often succeed playing this position. There's so much to think about when a real pass rush is coming down on you and good CB's are covering your receiving options.

You're right.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 12, 2011 at 1:23 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Yeah the explosion will begin in 3...2...1...

Why would it? Nate is garbage, deal with it people. thank god hes gone!!!

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Scot McCloughan just loves the Niner castoffs he drafted doesn't he lol.

give them Evans too
  • dj43
I gave no idea if Davis can have any kind of career in the league but his experience with the 49ers, and apparent lack of development, is more of a comment about the failure of the staff to develop QBs than it is a failure of Davis himself.

The greatest blame for the failure of the team the past three years is poor coaching and player development.
Don't underestimate SEA.

Look at what they did with Mike Williams.
They made our coaches look stupid by effectively using Robinson.
They got exponentially better stats out of Balmer.

f**k you former Niners coaches!!!!!!!!!

/rant

pretty sure it was a joke.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
The 2 major factors I see in Nate Davis not being able to become a legit NFL QB are outlined in this June 2010 article:

The quarterback, 49ers second-year pro Nate Davis, has dyslexia and often works for close to 45 minutes at night with housemate and Niners wide receiver Dominique Zeigler to master the system. Davis' learning disability often causes him to mix up basics like left and right - not a good thing in the football world when sets and blocking patterns depend on directions.

He has a tough time "getting the play out" and actually executing a given call.

"I know what I'm doing out there. It's just saying the play, that's my main problem, getting the words out," Davis said. "I made big progress from last year. I've just got to keep on working."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-06-08/49ers-qb-davis-working-hard-learn-playbook#ixzz1AnFGbrhP

-Before starting your 2nd year in the league you are studying "up to 45 minutes a night" on the playbook. Is that because he doesn't have work ethic, or because of his learning disability he can't spend long hours learning the playbook?

-He has a hard time hearing the play and then repeating it verbally in the huddle. If his dyslexia is also effecting verbalizing an NFL play call in the huddle I just think it will hold him back too much to be successful.

Share 49ersWebzone