There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seahawks to sign Nate Davis

• krizay
  • Veteran
I knew this was going to happen. As soon as Sing KNEW he didn't ever want to play david Carr he should have been let go and Davis brought up.

Dude WILL be a good QB in this league.
Originally posted by krizay:
I knew this was going to happen. As soon as Sing KNEW he didn't ever want to play david Carr he should have been let go and Davis brought up.

As soon as he learns the Alphabet

No he won't.

I like the optimism. But didn't he get lazy, gain weight and was unmotivated to try to improve? That's why he wasn't re-signed. Maybe ND needs a change of scenery like AS, but if he doesn't work at trying to overcome his learning disability, he won't be that good in the league and will be a career back up.
Word on the street is he is on the Jamarcus diet plan.

I never understood how such a huge number of people can support the idea of an overweight, unintelligent QB. Do they honestly believe the guy has any potential to be a franchise QB?? He is lazy and an idiot.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He can't read. It will take him 3 years to learn a new playbook...

RU sure that you are not talking about Alex here?
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

No he won't.

If this was a sports book site I would put $100 he does become very good. Now we will have to wait for seattle to make us pay damn it. He has the intangables, you can't coach like good vision, quick release and many others. Just cause Dingleberry could not figure out how to hire a consultant to work with his disorder we will pay a price. Good luck Nate. There is no way he could have stayed now it's better for both sides.
great pickup for them...

if Charlie Whitehurst doesn't work out...like I presume...at least they can see what they have in Nate...and if that doesn't work then they can move on.

I was VERY happy when the fans were Chanting for Charlie Charlie a couple of weeks back...for a sec I thought they would be fked for the next couple of years trying to make that work out.....imo, Whitehurst is overated and reminds me of other QBs in the league who look fine a couple of times but suck when it counts.

but now the have Davis....well, I think they are in a good situation..... Nate can sit back and learn the playbook, and come in if needed.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

No he won't.

If this was a sports book site I would put $100 he does become very good. Now we will have to wait for seattle to make us pay damn it. He has the intangables, you can't coach like good vision, quick release and many others. Just cause Dingleberry could not figure out how to hire a consultant to work with his disorder we will pay a price. Good luck Nate. There is no way he could have stayed now it's better for both sides.

To think that he could be a franchise QB you would have to be as retarded as...

puts on Sunglasses

Nate Davis.

Only if he figures out that he can't get by with his god given talent alone. Every indication points to the kid not being a hard worker and enjoying hero status with his hometown buddies too much per a Jason Whitlock column after he got cut in September.

If somebody can get through to the kid he has a chance. Otherwise he'll remain a nobody.

R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Originally posted by susweel:
Word on the street is he is on the Jamarcus diet plan.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Now i'm not saying he's the next coming or anything. But he was the best QB we had on the team and that without any kind of QB development.

You can talk about him being lazy or unmotivated but dude was accurate on the field, had good pocket presence.

As for not knowing the playbook, we scored most of our td's in the preseason with him under center. Against 3rd and 4th stringers yes, but, he obviously knnew the playbook good enough right?
I wonder if he will even pass the physical?