LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by wailers15:
let's see Cam is already talking about himself in the 3rd person????????????????????????????????

FAILURE ON THE WAY

Didn't he say he wanted to be a media icon? or something like that?
I still would have no problem drafting Newton @ 7.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I still would have no problem drafting Newton @ 7.

Probably a moot point since he may not make it out of the top 5.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by mike:
Has anyone heard what cam got on the wonderlic?

I'd love to know as well, it's pretty important nowadays.

No it isnt lol.

yes it is lol. And Nate Davis always sucked, even in preseason.
I think Balke being present and visible at CN's pro day was just a smokescreen to possibly pump us Newton's value (at least that is my hope)...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
thank god newton wont drop down to us, so we have no chance of getting him

You don't think Harbaugh could work with that kind of athlete, and eventually turn him into something special in a west coast offense????

I'm personally not a big fan of Newton and I don't hold him in high regard. However, I do trust Harbaugh's judgment and should he draft Newton, I would be intrigued to see him here.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
thank god newton wont drop down to us, so we have no chance of getting him

You don't think Harbaugh could work with that kind of athlete, and eventually turn him into something special in a west coast offense????

I'm personally not a big fan of Newton and I don't hold him in high regard. However, I do trust Harbaugh's judgment and should he draft Newton, I would be intrigued to see him here.

-9fA

I agree. I honestly dont know who the Niners should take at 7 because the new coaching staff is such a mystery. We dont know what they can get out of current players. This is one of those draft years where I really dont have a horse in the race. I hope the Niners fill a need with the BPA and I hope that player works out for the better.
WesBunting

Got done breaking down Cam Newton workout, still goofy in drop from center when ball needs to come out on time, causes accuracy to suffer
Originally posted by valrod33:
WesBunting

Got done breaking down Cam Newton workout, still goofy in drop from center when ball needs to come out on time, causes accuracy to suffer

Yeah this needs a lot of work!!!
Originally posted by valrod33:
WesBunting

From what it looks like, he now has the same issues that Jake Locker had coming out of Washington, not setting his feet properly before the throw which caused some of his passes to flail above the receivers.

• mike
  • Veteran
Ok, clarification on the IQ thing, no it's not the end of the world if you're a 15-20. Dan marino was low afterall, and qb's are a lower average iq than most positions anyway. But that, combined with the rumor that he struggled drawing up plays during interviews worries me. No, it's not just that he's black.

A high iq can definitely be bad too, in alex smith's case(whose iq is supposed to be on the higher end of the scale for qb's) he tends to overthink and then run out of time to get things going. Sometimes you just need to relax and throw the damn ball.

But you can't exactly just have a nate davis mindlessly throwing the ball without knowing what's going on in the plays. Works for preseason, not so much in real games.

I was wondering his iq out of curiosity more than anything.
[ Edited by mike on Mar 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
He suck's as a QB! I can't believe they are stroking this clown. Good athlete, constant off the field issues, bad foot work, inaccurate arm. Sounds like a backup to me!
Originally posted by titan:
He suck's as a QB! I can't believe they are stroking this clown. Good athlete, constant off the field issues, bad foot work, inaccurate arm. Sounds like a backup to me!

Originally posted by mike:
Ok, clarification on the IQ thing, no it's not the end of the world if you're a 15-20. Dan marino was low afterall, and qb's are a lower average iq than most positions anyway. But that, combined with the rumor that he struggled drawing up plays during interviews worries me. No, it's not just that he's black.

A high iq can definitely be bad too, in alex smith's case(whose iq is supposed to be on the higher end of the scale for qb's) he tends to overthink and then run out of time to get things going. Sometimes you just need to relax and throw the damn ball.

But you can't exactly just have a nate davis mindlessly throwing the ball without knowing what's going on in the plays. Works for preseason, not so much in real games.

I was wondering his iq out of curiosity more than anything.

Well just about every good QB outside of Vick in today's league has a wonderlic that is above average, so to say it's not important is simply asinine right now. It's just not the way modern football is headed, you need a smart QB.
Originally posted by submoa:
I think Balke being present and visible at CN's pro day was just a smokescreen to possibly pump us Newton's value (at least that is my hope)...

*Sigh*

There were OTHER Auburn players at the Auburn Pro Day.

Nick Fairly DT
Darvin Adams WR
Lee Ziemba OT/OG
Mario Fannin RB
Josh Bynes ILB
Share 49ersWebzone