LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't hold Cam in high regard. In fact I wouldn't take him higher than a 3rd rounder but someone is gonna see his athletic ability and think they can mold him into a great player. At his best, I don't think he will be better than Steve McNair was. I totally disagree with Mayock's position of Locker and Cam as the best QB's behind Gabbert. Cam will probably play early for a team in the top 5 and be able to make plays with his legs but a QB's number one attribute should be his accuracy and Cam is not accurate. Thats tough for a guy that touches the ball on every play.
On NFL Total Access they announced all the teams that scheduled to meet with Cam and we're not one of them.

If we had any serious interest in drafting him, I think we'd atleast meet with him again. IMO, he just doesn't have the accuracy to play for Harbaugh. No loss there.
Originally posted by E-49er:
I don't hold Cam in high regard. In fact I wouldn't take him higher than a 3rd rounder but someone is gonna see his athletic ability and think they can mold him into a great player. At his best, I don't think he will be better than Steve McNair was. I totally disagree with Mayock's position of Locker and Cam as the best QB's behind Gabbert. Cam will probably play early for a team in the top 5 and be able to make plays with his legs but a QB's number one attribute should be his accuracy and Cam is not accurate. Thats tough for a guy that touches the ball on every play.

I'm with you all the way.

He's a big guy and could be difficult to bring down, kind of like Rothlesbummer, but his QB mechanicals are not there. His throwing is Tebowishly unconvincing. That could be tweaked some but it's not going to change significantly. I'm not a fan of his personality either . . . although if he was lights out, that could be overlooked.

These media guys sometime get into lockstep and are afraid to contradict one another. Maybe there's something special there. But I'm not convinced at all.
Originally posted by strickac:
On NFL Total Access they announced all the teams that scheduled to meet with Cam and we're not one of them.

If we had any serious interest in drafting him, I think we'd atleast meet with him again. IMO, he just doesn't have the accuracy to play for Harbaugh. No loss there.

that made me extemely happy we werent one of those teams
  • titan
  • Veteran
Wonderlic score may determine his IQ, but we all know his character! He is lazy and a cheat! What makes you think he is going to study a playbook like he is suppose to when he has to steal another students paper and put his name on it! Then when he gets caught and gets another chance, the big dummy buys a pre written paper online "most likely from a stolen laptop" and turns it in! Then the fool goes to the combine and looked like they don't do the same passing drill every year! In conclusion he is an Athleticly gifted Lazy, cheating thief, with no common sense who can't learn from his mistakes. I would hate to have this guy on our team!
Originally posted by titan:
Wonderlic score may determine his IQ, but we all know his character! He is lazy and a cheat! What makes you think he is going to study a playbook like he is suppose to when he has to steal another students paper and put his name on it! Then when he gets caught and gets another chance, the big dummy buys a pre written paper online "most likely from a stolen laptop" and turns it in! Then the fool goes to the combine and looked like they don't do the same passing drill every year! In conclusion he is an Athleticly gifted Lazy, cheating thief, with no common sense who can't learn from his mistakes. I would hate to have this guy on our team!

Maybe he knows he's going to get a lot of money in the NFL and doesn't need to do actual schoolwork? Just because he doesn't have interest in academics doesn't mean he doesn't have interest in football and wouldn't work hard at something he's interested in.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Maybe he knows he's going to get a lot of money in the NFL and doesn't need to do actual schoolwork? Just because he doesn't have interest in academics doesn't mean he doesn't have interest in football and wouldn't work hard at something he's interested in.

He is interested in money not hard work! It's unfortunate that his position that he is trying to play requires hard work mentally and physically. Physically he got that gift from god, mentally he got that also, but he wasted it! The school work is just an example, theres just people out their that would just rather take the easy way out! Take Locker for example, I can't stand him! but I don't mind having him on our team.
mattbarrows

Jim Harbaugh at Dalton's pro day adds a pinch of credence to the thought that the 49ers are aiming for a 2nd-Rd QB
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows

Jim Harbaugh at Dalton's pro day adds a pinch of credence to the thought that the 49ers are aiming for a 2nd-Rd QB

I still see Dalton being available in the 3rd. When is Nevada's pro day? I wonder if Harbs will go see Kaepernick.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
mattbarrows

I still see Dalton being available in the 3rd. When is Nevada's pro day? I wonder if Harbs will go see Kaepernick.

That is who I think will be a 49er QB!

mattbarrows

I hope so too. I like both Dalton and Kaep, but Kaep's got major potential.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^He is pretty impressive, especially when talking about 2nd or 3rd Rd for him.
mattbarrows

Dangerous word heading into the NFL. I am not a fan of Kaepernick but then again I would not sulk if we got him.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
mattbarrows

Dangerous word heading into the NFL. I am not a fan of Kaepernick but then again I would not sulk if we got him.

To me, he's Cam Newton with a better arm and a squeaky clean image. I'd take that.
Originally posted by strickac:

nuff said lock this thread
Share 49ersWebzone