Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I pray to God it does happen.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
what pisses me off why does a player like Newton go 1st overall and this guy went in the 3rd round and never amounted to s**t.

Because Eric Crouch sucked as quarterback.
Originally posted by Jcool:
what pisses me off why does a player like Newton go 1st overall and this guy went in the 3rd round and never amounted to s**t.

Because Eric Crouch sucked as quarterback.

No s**t but his Athleticism was phenomenal. How do we know if Cam can in the NFL level coming out one of the simplest systems in NCAA. He could have played slot WR or even RB and made it successful. The guy sicker than Newton IMO.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Feb 22, 2011 at 3:36 PM ]
Didnt Crouch get converted to safety in the NFL?

Just read that he was a WR then got hurt and converted to safety in the NFL
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM ]

Not that im aware of he got drafted by St. Louis in the 3rd round at WR got hurt and Green Bay picked him up to play QB but ran the scout team. He went somewhere else after that. You sure you dont have him confused with Mike Furrey?

Not that im aware of he got drafted by St. Louis in the 3rd round at WR got hurt and Green Bay picked him up to play QB but ran the scout team. He went somewhere else after that. You sure you dont have him confused with Mike Furrey?

Crouch was initially drafted by the St. Louis Rams of the NFL as a wide receiver, but still wanted to play quarterback. However, Crouch was seen by the NFL as being too short to play quarterback. His athleticism was seen as better suited for playing wideout, but a hard tackle by a defensive player caused him to have 150 cc of blood drained from his leg. Because of the injury, Crouch left the Rams before playing a game.

Crouch signed with the Kansas City Chiefs in January 2005 and was allocated to the Hamburg Sea Devils of NFL Europe. Crouch converted to the safety position, recording 25 tackles and 2 passes defended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Crouch

So he was a safety in NFL Europe but not in the NFL
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 22, 2011 at 3:45 PM ]
I think is quite possible, he's a monster.

Still say he goes 3 to Buffalo though.

Crouch was initially drafted by the St. Louis Rams of the NFL as a wide receiver, but still wanted to play quarterback. However, Crouch was seen by the NFL as being too short to play quarterback. His athleticism was seen as better suited for playing wideout, but a hard tackle by a defensive player caused him to have 150 cc of blood drained from his leg. Because of the injury, Crouch left the Rams before playing a game.

Crouch signed with the Kansas City Chiefs in January 2005 and was allocated to the Hamburg Sea Devils of NFL Europe. Crouch converted to the safety position, recording 25 tackles and 2 passes defended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Crouch

So he was a safety in NFL Europe but not in the NFL

I know Green Bay picked him up somewhere though.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
its possible it was reported 6 teams have him 1 on bigboard after media workout and his stock will only increase come combine and proday

but the panthers really need a DT and i wouldnt put it past them to take aj green and give claussen another year and take a qb next years which should be the best qb class in a long time

So they need a DT and draft a WR?
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
its possible it was reported 6 teams have him 1 on bigboard after media workout and his stock will only increase come combine and proday

but the panthers really need a DT and i wouldnt put it past them to take aj green and give claussen another year and take a qb next years which should be the best qb class in a long time

So they need a DT and draft a WR?

this year is the deepest draft in d line in almost ever. and aj green is the best wr in a loong time and would be the best bet to improve there offense and would also give a legit offensive threat to claussen or there next qb

I know how a lot of people feel about Cam Newton, but most of us agree that there is no clear #1 pick. Carolina needs help everywhere so one guy is not going to make the difference unless it's the right QB. Ron Rivera is a Defense minded coach so most of us say they will pick Fairley or Bowers. My thoughts are that when it was Andrew Luck they were willing to take a Qb so we at least know they are not happy with Clausen. When we drafted Alex it was said that there was no clear #1 either but yet we still took a Qb because it was the most important position and we had a defensive minded coach in Nolan. Cam is going to say all the right things at the combine. He's already on the right track with the workout he held in SD. He's a freakish talent physically and played against some of the toughest schools in the SEC. The guy has a pretty good resume. My thoughts are that he will have a good combine and his name will get thrown into the mix for the Carolina pick. Obviously a Qb picked in the first 6 picks allows us to have more options for defense when we pick. What do you think webzone???
Uh, Oh.. I feel a lock coming...in 4,3,2,1...
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Feb 22, 2011 at 8:22 PM ]
He'll be a Bill.
we already have a thread on this exact topic
Share 49ersWebzone