LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mike
  • Veteran
He'll be #2, aka doo doo.
I don't know what it is. I don't know why it happened. I'm not happy about it. I don't even really like the guy. It has nothing to do with anything he's done since the end of the season.

BUT

I'm on the Cam Newton Bandwagon.

To the point i wouldn't mind if we traded up in the draft to land him.

*Important to note
- I am still on the Ponder, Stanzi, and Dalton Bandwagons.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
I really, really, really hope he goes in the top 6. Hopefully to Arizona. Win win for us. We get a great player to drop to us and it sets the Cards back 5 years. Dude is a boom or bust prospect and imo, he's closer to bust.

I'd prefer Newton goes before Arizona . . . just in case.
oh my bad. I'm not trying to fire back but seriously, there is 61 pages with 36 posts each. I don't have time to look through all of them. i just figured it's football and we all love talking about it. if the post looks like something you want to talk about then you jump in. the posts with 100+ replies on them are lame because if you jump in a Von Miller post, somehow by the time you jump in, the post is more about weird wrestling photos or animal pics with their eyes buggin out. Figured it was better just to start a new one.
there is no clear #1 pick. Carolina needs help everywhere so one guy is not going to make the difference unless it's the right QB. My thoughts are that when it was Andrew Luck they were willing to take a Qb so we at least know they are not happy with Clausen. When we drafted Alex it was said that there was no clear #1 either but yet we still took a Qb because it was the most important position and we had a defensive minded coach in Nolan. Cam is going to say all the right things at the combine. He's already on the right track with the workout he held in SD. He's a freakish talent physically and played against some of the toughest schools in the SEC. The guy has a pretty good resume. My thoughts are that he will have a good combine and his name will get thrown into the mix for the Carolina pick.
Next time don't figure.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dillberry:
A couple guys at the Dolphin forum I frequent wrote this up on Newton for the Sun Sentinel, included with lots of video. It's by far the best writeup I've seen of him so far, i figured I would pass it on to you guys.

link

Great read. This is why I when I hear Mayock questioning Cam's work-ethic. It doesn't make any sense. Mayock comes off as a guy who has already made up his mind, and doesn't want to do any real research to find out how hard he works.

I think Mayock is pretty good, but he is slipping in my book - since last couple years.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by buck:
I am no expert on quarterbacks, but my guess is that Cam Newton will at least be a top 10 pick, and could easily go in the top 5.

The only thing that can stop him at this point is a major blunder of attitude or maybe his father dad will blow it for him.

Good for him. I still think he's got all the problems alex did when we drafted him, minus the big brain. Alex had the size, the arm and the feet and came from a spread system. Only difference is alex wasn't a bad kid and has small hands. Really i think he's to risky for us. But i think we have a much better offensive mind to groom someone, FINALLY! lol Either way, i much rather wait and just take locker if we want a project player. With a top 7 pick and in a weak division we need to take either prince, or miller or peterson, someone who could start sooner and with less risk to get us over the hump and into the playoffs sooner.

Not even close to the size and speed of Newton.

Ok 2 inch's taller and 30 pounds heavier then alex. I never said speed. i said feet. Acutally what was alex's 40 time i doubt cam will match it. I think alex was just a half second faster then rodgers... either way he's a big big project was the point, and if we want a project just take locker who should have the fastest 40 time of all qb's!!

lol
Could happen if he blows people away at the combine.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I am no expert on quarterbacks, but my guess is that Cam Newton will at least be a top 10 pick, and could easily go in the top 5.

The only thing that can stop him at this point is a major blunder of attitude or maybe his father dad will blow it for him.

Good for him. I still think he's got all the problems alex did when we drafted him, minus the big brain. Alex had the size, the arm and the feet and came from a spread system. Only difference is alex wasn't a bad kid and has small hands. Really i think he's to risky for us. But i think we have a much better offensive mind to groom someone, FINALLY! lol Either way, i much rather wait and just take locker if we want a project player. With a top 7 pick and in a weak division we need to take either prince, or miller or peterson, someone who could start sooner and with less risk to get us over the hump and into the playoffs sooner.

Ok 2 inch's taller and 30 pounds heavier then alex. I never said speed. i said feet. Acutally what was alex's 40 time i doubt cam will match it. I think alex was just a half second faster then rodgers... either way he's a big big project was the point, and if we want a project just take locker who should have the fastest 40 time of all qb's!!

lol

You doubt Cam will match Alex's 40 time? I'll take that bet.

And no way Locker has a faster time than Kaepernick, Taylor, or even Cam. Heck Ponder will probably run faster.

Regardless in the NFL speed isn't as important as escapability. Cam may be the best at that since Big Ben.

Every QB is gonna be a big project. But don't forget, with Harbaugh, no project can be too big. Well, maybe Gabbert. There's no fixin that kid. Unless maybe he decides to become a lefty.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
I really, really, really hope he goes in the top 6. Hopefully to Arizona. Win win for us. We get a great player to drop to us and it sets the Cards back 5 years. Dude is a boom or bust prospect and imo, he's closer to bust.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:01 AM ]
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
oh my bad. I'm not trying to fire back but seriously, there is 61 pages with 36 posts each. I don't have time to look through all of them. i just figured it's football and we all love talking about it. if the post looks like something you want to talk about then you jump in. the posts with 100+ ireplies on them are lame because if you jump in a Von Miller post, somehow by the time you jump in, the post is more about weird wrestling photos or animal pics with their eyes buggin out. Figured it was better just to start a new one.

Dont sweat it.....i would rather welcome you to the board then b***h at you for something that is understandable. No worries here.

That being said.....no matter how well newton does the fact that car spend a hih draft pick on a rookie qb last year almost guarantees they will not take a qb this year. How many times has this happened...probably zero.

One of the only teams i can remember that spend high round draft picks on the same position was det with their run on first pick wrs.....that did not turn out well and set them back. At least they got calvin.

I think den wont either bc tebow...same reasoning with clausen. Buf wont bc fitzpatrick did well so unless ariz or cin picks cam he will most likely slip to around ten unless a team trades up to get him like wash tenn or minn
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

lol

And no way Locker has a faster time than Kaepernick, Taylor, or even Cam. Heck Ponder will probably run faster.

Regardless in the NFL speed isn't as important as escapability. Cam may be the best at that since Big Ben.

Every QB is gonna be a big project. But don't forget, with Harbaugh, no project can be too big. Well, maybe Gabbert. There's no fixin that kid. Unless maybe he decides to become a lefty.

Cam will beat smiths time

He has better feet...
He'll need to be a "silver tounged devil" in the interview to be the #1 pick.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

lol

Cam will beat smiths time

He has better feet...

For the record.....rodgers ran a faster 40 then smith
Share 49ersWebzone