There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matt Flynn

Originally posted by Janitor:
I haven't supported AS for a long time, but he proved himself enough this year for me to rather have him than bring in someone else.

I'm in the same boat, glad I was wrong about him this year. Although I can't see him doing much more than what he has already, I think we HAVE to give him a full offseason with Harbaugh and Co to see what he can do. Develop one of our young guys and bring in a vet backup in the meantime, but Flynn will not be a Niner.
Originally posted by sfout:
Just wrote in the thread comparing Flynn to Smith that got locked the following.

Based solely of this game and the patriots game last year people think he is a franchise QB and couldn't be farther from the truth. No way we sign him because we'd be resetting the clock on our offense by having to reteach the system to a new QB. Quit smoking weed and be happy with Alex, he's got years of experience compared to Flynn and just to remind everyone here, Alex was nothing more then an insurance policy/bridge to Kaepernick when the season started. Now because of his play people are talking about him deserving a 3 year deal worth about 8 Million a year.

If your really dead set on us signing Flynn it would be at Tolzien's expense, that way Flynn could truly compete against Kaepernick for the right to be our QB of the future.

Flynn is only one year younger than Smith.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Um yes considering he had a 58 % completion percentage and just 3100 yards that season was nothing special. There was 4 QBs that broke 5000 yard mark this year. 3000 yards and 27 TDs is nothing special these days.

I think Alex smith was decent. 91 qb rating, about the same yardage, fewer INTs, and a better record. Alex was decent, Cassell was decent.

anymore questions?
am I wrong?

Really thats what your going to use?

What do you want me to use?

58 completion % and 3100 yards (190 per game) Is not impressive at all. Its decent
Ill use the 2009 stats for you since thats the year it was.

20th in Yards, 24th in yards per game, 18th in yards per attempt, 8th in TDs, 5th in INTs, 26th in completion percentage

I'd say that's decent and nothing special.

Im done arguing my point Cassell, had a good TD to INT ratio and that is it. 58 completion % and 190 yards per game. He was a decent quarterback that season
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 1, 2012 at 2:38 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,921
Originally posted by ImaMod:
What do you want me to use?

58 completion % and 3100 yards (190 per game) Is not impressive at all. Its decent
Ill use the 2009 stats for you since thats the year it was.

20th in Yards, 24th in yards per game, 18th in yards per attempt, 8th in TDs, 5th in INTs, 26th in completion percentage

I'd say that's decent and nothing special.

AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November. Cassel completed 90 of 144 passes (62.5%) for 1,111 yards and an NFL-leading 12 touchdowns, with just one interception. He had a 111.2 quarterback rating for the month
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
What do you want me to use?

58 completion % and 3100 yards (190 per game) Is not impressive at all. Its decent
Ill use the 2009 stats for you since thats the year it was.

20th in Yards, 24th in yards per game, 18th in yards per attempt, 8th in TDs, 5th in INTs, 26th in completion percentage

I'd say that's decent and nothing special.

AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November. Cassel completed 90 of 144 passes (62.5%) for 1,111 yards and an NFL-leading 12 touchdowns, with just one interception. He had a 111.2 quarterback rating for the month

LOL okay he was great for that month, and was decent for the season. WHAT IS YOUR POINT?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,921
Originally posted by ImaMod:
LOL okay he was great for that month, and was decent for the season. WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

He was a Pro Bowler as well... just except it... he had a good year.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
LOL okay he was great for that month, and was decent for the season. WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

He was a Pro Bowler as well... just except it... he had a good year.

it was decent. and he was an alternate cause Tom Brady didnt play in it

but whatever im done arguing. I dont think 58 completion % and 190 yards per game is anything special but we obviously have different opinions
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,921
Originally posted by ImaMod:
it was decent. and he was an alternate cause Tom Brady didnt play in it

but whatever im done arguing. I dont think 58 completion % and 190 yards per game is anything special but we obviously have different opinions

FYI its 207 yards per game.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
it was decent. and he was an alternate cause Tom Brady didnt play in it

but whatever im done arguing. I dont think 58 completion % and 190 yards per game is anything special but we obviously have different opinions

FYI its 207 yards per game.

oh yay 17 more yards

and how bout that performance in the post season
9/18 70 yards 0 TDs 3 INTs 20.4 Passer rating
what a great season he had!
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 1, 2012 at 3:40 PM ]
I'm on the Flynn bandwagon after today. Smith has done okay this year, but it seems like Harbaugh and co. aren't comfortable featuring Smith as a QB, but always try to get him to do minimal managing stuff. I want a QB that can open of the passing game and air the ball out with accuracy.
Cardinals overpaid for Kolb let the 'Hawks overpay for Flynn














but yea Flynn is pretty sick
Dump Alex and sign Flynn.
He could be another Elvis Grbac, who was actually looking pretty hot (pause) when he filled in for an injured Steve Young.
Matt Flynn just lost the MVP for Rodgers.

No way they can give it to Rodgers now after seeing what Flynn did. Brees has this locked up.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I'm on the Flynn bandwagon after today. Smith has done okay this year, but it seems like Harbaugh and co. aren't comfortable featuring Smith as a QB, but always try to get him to do minimal managing stuff. I want a QB that can open of the passing game and air the ball out with accuracy.

Yes because the 49ers receivers are just the same as the Packers receivers.