LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 190 users in the forums

Carson Palmer to the 49ers? SI's Peter King thinks so.

Shop 49ers game tickets
actually, send this guy to the cardinals.. that would give us more qb options in the draft
before the season, I was asking for this....but some folks on another NFL forum were laughing at me....I was like what?

then as the season started and I watched every Bengals game (Huge T.O. fan here)... I saw how horrible Palmer has become.

so HEEEEEEELLL NOOOOOO!....would rather have Al....Ale....Aaaal...can't say it
Originally posted by Afrikan:
before the season, I was asking for this....but some folks on another NFL forum were laughing at me....I was like what?

then as the season started and I watched every Bengals game (Huge T.O. fan here)... I saw how horrible Palmer has become.

Al...Ale....Aaaal....Aloveyou there I said it hahaha. At least that is what it reminded me of. Don't mind me I am just bored. Okay moving along.
Originally posted by backontop:

Al...Ale....Aaaal....Aloveyou there I said it hahaha. At least that is what it reminded me of. Don't mind me I am just bored. Okay moving along.

stifler?
Oh God...
Pass!!!
No
f**k no. This guy is done. He's playing behind a decent O-line and gets to throw to two tremendous WRs and he still sucks.

I'd rather re-sign Alex then bring this bum in.

sums up this thread perfectly!
I think Palmer has pleanty of game left in him he just wants out of Cincy he's throwing it away on purpose that way Cincy doesnt offer him a contract & he can walk away without strings attached

Come back to Cali Carson

Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
5. I think I don't know how you could have an ounce of faith in Carson Palmer this morning, not after handing the Steelers two touchdowns on interception returns, and not after continually misfiring again. It might be time to deal him to San Francisco for a second-round pick in April, Mike Brown. Or a third-.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/13/week-14-mmqb/index.html#ixzz180NgjTkb

Your Thoughts?

Why would we do that? Carson Palmer is about as good as Alex Smith: an 80 - 85 QB rating guy (except for one season) who is an acceptable starter but not a "great" quarterback.
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by jones49:
Meh...we can do better even though he's better than we currently have.

Really? Like who?

I would not give up anything for him unless he restructures his contract. He's not worth 11 or 12 million a year. But at the right price I would definitely take him. Which actually could work in our favor. Cincy can't keep him at his current price, so if he refuses to re-do his contract he can become a free agent. We could pick him up and retain our draft pick.

I would rather have Kolb for one if he is available.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I can't believe he says a 2nd or a 3rd. Palmer has been worse than Alex Smith this year. If the 49ers did this, it would show that their only goal is to give the team hope and sell tickets instead of actually trying to win the superbowl.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
I can't believe he says a 2nd or a 3rd. Palmer has been worse than Alex Smith this year. If the 49ers did this, it would show that their only goal is to give the team hope and sell tickets instead of actually trying to win the superbowl.

That is the goal. You got it.
He's just as inconsistent as "the QB that shall not be mentioned".
Share 49ersWebzone