LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Carson Palmer to the 49ers? SI's Peter King thinks so.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Lol I cant believe the responses about Palmer in this thread. Both of his "#1 receivers" have VH1 TV shows and are pretty much over football. His team sucks, he has Cedric Benson as his running back, and the guy has a perfect arm. Carson Palmer would be the best quarterback since jeff garcia here, easily. I would take him in a heartbeat. That team in Cincinnati is garbage, starting with the coaching of late.

Really? TO is still a dominat WR even at his age and hardly "over football". Part of the reason his team sucks is HIS performance. Maybe you didnt see the game yesterday when he threw 2 pick six interceptions? He HAD a perfect arm. Past tense. That is simply no longer the case.

Sure.. give up a late round pick as a gamble. Give up multiple picks including, as some want, as high as a 2nd? That would be idiotic.

Ya so we can keep picking gems like Taylor Mays, David Baas, Kentwan Balmer, Chilo Rachal? No thanks, I'd rather spend it on him than seeing David Carr try and throw another football

Well by that logic why don't we just trade away all our picks for NFL players then? We can be Redskins West!

You know what I'm talking about. I love draft picks, but it's time for us to try something else. We went the whole drafting Qb thing, and it set us back 7 years. Carson Palmer is no Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Cody Pickett, Troy Smith.

You guys really don't think he could be a top 10 Qb with Frank Gore, Crabtree, Vernon Davis, and a DECENT offensive minded staff? I think he could be for sure. Our offensive coaches are so bad right now, I doubt Tom Brady would be any good.

Top 10??????? No chance in hell:
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Mike Vick
Philip Rivers
Aaron Rogers
Big Ben R
Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Tony Romo (when healthy)
Matt Ryan
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford
Matt Schaub
Jay Cutler (although this might be close)

There isnt one guy on this list that I would take Palmer ahead of.
I'm with Ninerjohn. I find it intriguing that the same people who despise Smith want to bring in Carson Palmer

I actually think that we have the offense in place to allow a rookie to come in and succeed. All that is needed is some better line play and also a HC who has half an ounce of knowledge of playcalling and gameplanning on the offensive side of the football.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Dec 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Carson Palmer would be an upgrade for us. I could live with him for a couple of years while we develop who ever we draft next year. I'm on the bring Carson Palmer to 49ers bandwagon sponsored by Bank of America

I agree, I would only go after Palmer if we were to draft a 2nd/3rdh round QB to develop for the future.

Then again we would have to pray Sing would be gone or this strategy wouldn't develop itself (this guy is a QB killer). But if we end up getting a WCO-trendy HC, might as well just trade for Kolb at that point.
he used to be awesome, but once he had that injury he's turned into a decent quarterback.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'm with Ninerjohn. I find it intriguing that the same people who despise Smith want to bring in Carson Palmer

I actually think that we have the offense in place to allow a rookie to come in and succeed. All that is needed is some better line play and also a HC who has half an ounce of knowledge of playcalling and gameplanning on the offensive side of the football.

-9fA

valrod33

One of the biggest Smith supporters around here.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He has a better chance becoming a Seahawk than he does a 49er.

The seahawks is the perfect team to acquire him.
Alex Smith and Carson Palmer would be a pretty even trade straight up on all levels except contract. Who's available in the draft?
Why should we pay for a quarterback that throws pick 6's when we've already got one.
Not a whole lot of free agent QBs out there and a lot of risky QBs in the draft so I wouldn't be too upset. Problem is he is making like 13 million a year and we would have to give up a pick for him. He's got like 20 TDs and 20 INTS but I think coming back to California and a change of scenery would do him good. I think the Bengals are falling a part... there is a lot of pressure on him with 85 and 81. Not really sure... don't think he is as bad as he has played this year but he probably isn't that 32 and 13 guy he was before getting hurt. I can think of worse QBs to have.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Lol I cant believe the responses about Palmer in this thread. Both of his "#1 receivers" have VH1 TV shows and are pretty much over football. His team sucks, he has Cedric Benson as his running back, and the guy has a perfect arm. Carson Palmer would be the best quarterback since jeff garcia here, easily. I would take him in a heartbeat. That team in Cincinnati is garbage, starting with the coaching of late.

Really? TO is still a dominat WR even at his age and hardly "over football". Part of the reason his team sucks is HIS performance. Maybe you didnt see the game yesterday when he threw 2 pick six interceptions? He HAD a perfect arm. Past tense. That is simply no longer the case.

Sure.. give up a late round pick as a gamble. Give up multiple picks including, as some want, as high as a 2nd? That would be idiotic.

Ya so we can keep picking gems like Taylor Mays, David Baas, Kentwan Balmer, Chilo Rachal? No thanks, I'd rather spend it on him than seeing David Carr try and throw another football

Well by that logic why don't we just trade away all our picks for NFL players then? We can be Redskins West!

You know what I'm talking about. I love draft picks, but it's time for us to try something else. We went the whole drafting Qb thing, and it set us back 7 years. Carson Palmer is no Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Cody Pickett, Troy Smith.

You guys really don't think he could be a top 10 Qb with Frank Gore, Crabtree, Vernon Davis, and a DECENT offensive minded staff? I think he could be for sure. Our offensive coaches are so bad right now, I doubt Tom Brady would be any good.

Top 10??????? No chance in hell:
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Mike Vick
Philip Rivers
Aaron Rogers
Big Ben R
Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Tony Romo (when healthy)
Matt Ryan
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford
Matt Schaub
Jay Cutler (although this might be close)

There isnt one guy on this list that I would take Palmer ahead of.

Im not sure about NO CHANCE IN HELL. I dont like Shaub, i dont like Jay Cutler, and I don't think Flacco is all that great. Carson still has the talent to be named in that category IMO.

Or maybe im just biased cuz he went to my hischool

• Chief
  • Veteran
Dude sucks, I'm tired of the 49ers wanting scrub QB's.
Peter King also thinks Don Hutson is better than Jerry Rice.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

In his defense, Don Hutson did put up some great numbers considering the era he played in.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

In his defense, Don Hutson did put up some great numbers considering the era he played in.

??????????????????????????????? I know how good Don Hutson was, but he is not Jerry Rice. Nobody is, come on now. He's the MJ of WR's, he is the unquestioned GOAT.
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I'd do it for a third
Share 49ersWebzone