There are 237 users in the forums

Vikings Release MOSS!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by KRS-1:
If the 9ers claim Moss, it would cost us his current salary (3+million) for 8 games. He is a FA after the year, is it really worth it for a 2-6 team to pay Moss for 8 games ?

No the vikings are paying his salary for the entire year.
If the 9ers claim Moss, it would cost us his current salary (3+million) for 8 games. He is a FA after the year, is it really worth it for a 2-6 team to pay Moss for 8 games ?

Yeah. I think he might be worth trying to get after the season but not while we're busy getting pwned. It's not like Sing would let Mike Johnson use him anyway.

Where else is that 3 million going to go for this season only then?
[ Edited by Ajanke on Nov 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM ]

i think so. in fact, i'd rather do that than be on the hook for a longer contract. He would be a rental. If the team truly believes they can still make the playoffs, they should try to get him.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Nope...if you acquire him via waivers you are on the hook for 3.38 million dollars of his 6.4 million dollar deal.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Nope...if you acquire him via waivers you are on the hook for 3.38 million dollars of his 6.4 million dollar deal.

really ?

you are not very knowledgeable in this subject

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I don't give a s**t about any negative crap he brings with him. We aren't good enough to not bring in guys at his skill level.

You cant claim him, he's a vet so he becomes a free agent.

If he is claimed on waivers that teams picks up his salary, if he clears waivers the Vikings still pay him his salary and he can now double dip with the another team
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

i think so. in fact, i'd rather do that than be on the hook for a longer contract. He would be a rental. If the team truly believes they can still make the playoffs, they should try to get him.

Does anyone actually believe with Moss we could win 7 of our last 8 games ?

I don't see why not. It's not like spending 3 million that we otherwise probably wont use for this year is going to hurt us.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

I don't give a s**t about any negative crap he brings with him. We aren't good enough to not bring in guys at his skill level.

If he is claimed on waivers that teams picks up his salary, if he clears waivers the Vikings still pay him his salary and he can now double dip with the another team

Mmmmmm double dipping.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

Leave me alone. !!!!!!

So I was wrong on something. Its a monday okay
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Does anyone actually believe with Moss we could win 7 of our last 8 games ?

well, i don't know, but he is still one of the most dynamic players in the NFL, and if we are serious about this playoff talk, you don't let a player of that caliber go by you (if you're smart, anyway). The problem would be: would we even use him to our advantage? I doubt it. He'd probably be on the bench for five or six of those games while he "learns the playbook" and when he finally did get into the game we'd have him doing nothing but run end-arounds and five yard hitches.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ajanke:

I don't see why not. It's not like spending 3 million that we otherwise probably wont use for this year is going to hurt us.

But where will it take us ? You rent a player to win a few games even though you still won't make the playoffs barring winning at least 7 of your last 8 games..possibly even all 8 ?
Hell, we have a week off, gives him more time to prepare, and if he's not fully ready, just have him run a go route every time and take some pressure of Crabs and Ginn preferably on the other side of the field!
Originally posted by Ajanke:

But where will it take us ? You rent a player to win a few games even though you still won't make the playoffs barring winning at least 7 of your last 8 games..possibly even all 8 ?

why not? I mean if we have 3 million that we otherwise wouldn't use might as well do it right? unless we're playing for a draft pick.
Share 49ersWebzone