LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Source: Jon Gruden to be hired by Cleveland in 2011

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
lol at all these garbage coaching retreads.

Harbaugh is the best coaching option, by far.

Totally disagree.
I really think Gruden's ego will keep him from Cleveland.

Here's a scenario: what if the Niners say "we'll do whatever you want", and maybe even give him GM status ...

I just watched NFL Network and they said "Gruden was a rock star in the Bay Area, and he loves it there."

Don't underestimate WEATHER in the decision. He lives in Tampa, and don't underestimate what's best for his family. Who the F--- wants to live in Cleveland, seriously?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by crzy:
lol at all these garbage coaching retreads.

Harbaugh is the best coaching option, by far.

Totally disagree.

What are you talking about? Its obvious that a college coach is a much better option over someone like Jon Gruden who only won a superbowl or someone else that sucks like Bill Cowher who has a Win-Loss Record of only 149-90.. Its obvious the Harbaugh would be a better and more successful NFL head coach..
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Damon Bruce said on KNBR today that he has a very reliable source that says Gruden has agreed to go to the Cleveland Browns next year and work under Holmgrin. Gruden is an Ohio guy, and according to Bruce is compiling a coaching staff right now. Bruce also mentioned that Mangini right now is just "holding the seat for Jon Gruden.

Please don't lock this thread. Bruce is a credible journalist and he wouldn't say that kind of thing over the radio if it wasn't true. I think all mention of hiring Gruden can be directed to this thread for relevant information.

I know other zoners heard the same report.

Meh..

I'd rather have Harbaugh anyways. Especially if we end up with the 1st pick as that would play a HUGE part in Andrew Luck deciding to come out early..

The problem is we'll rattle off a few meaningless victory's at the end of the year, so that we get our hopes up for next year, but screw ourselves out of a top quarterback.
Originally posted by Rivers77:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Damon Bruce said on KNBR today that he has a very reliable source that says Gruden has agreed to go to the Cleveland Browns next year and work under Holmgrin. Gruden is an Ohio guy, and according to Bruce is compiling a coaching staff right now. Bruce also mentioned that Mangini right now is just "holding the seat for Jon Gruden.

Please don't lock this thread. Bruce is a credible journalist and he wouldn't say that kind of thing over the radio if it wasn't true. I think all mention of hiring Gruden can be directed to this thread for relevant information.

I know other zoners heard the same report.

Meh..

I'd rather have Harbaugh anyways. Especially if we end up with the 1st pick as that would play a HUGE part in Andrew Luck deciding to come out early..

The problem is we'll rattle off a few meaningless victory's at the end of the year, so that we get our hopes up for next year, but screw ourselves out of a top quarterback.

http://www.buffalobills.com/
we didnt even get a chance to hire him :(
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Rob Ryan because his family is like famous and stuff and the Yorks would not have to pay very much for him to travel to the interview.

(repost)

what?

He's saying the Yorks are cheap don't want to pay an east coast guys plane ticket or something like that.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I already posted this like 2 months ago. To me it was common sense. I didnt need a source to figure this out.

Yeah, I have said before if both Cleveland and SF jobs are available, he is much more likely to go to Cleveland. However Holmgren needs a reason to fire Mangini, and thus far the Browns have been in every game they played.

Yeah. But then so have the Niners. Mostly. And against a couple of good teams including the Champs. That's why Singletary stays.
  • ZRF80
Mariucci FTW !!!!!!
Originally posted by highwayone:
I really think Gruden's ego will keep him from Cleveland.

Here's a scenario: what if the Niners say "we'll do whatever you want", and maybe even give him GM status ...

I just watched NFL Network and they said "Gruden was a rock star in the Bay Area, and he loves it there."

Don't underestimate WEATHER in the decision. He lives in Tampa, and don't underestimate what's best for his family. Who the F--- wants to live in Cleveland, seriously?

Just ask Lebron James, lol but yea bring chucky back to the bay!!!

Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Rob Ryan because his family is like famous and stuff and the Yorks would not have to pay very much for him to travel to the interview.

(repost)

what?

He's saying the Yorks are cheap don't want to pay an east coast guys plane ticket or something like that.

Except Ryan is currently the DC for the Browns..

-9fA
Is Mangini even going to lose his job as the HC in Cleveland??
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

They only have 2 wins but they played better than their record indicates and with 3 different starting QB's. A lot rides on how competitive they continue to play.

I have a hard time believing Gruden is already putting together a staff for this job when it doesn't look like Mangini is a sure bet to be fired.

They only have 2 wins but they played better than their record indicates and with 3 different starting QB's. A lot rides on how competitive they continue to play.

I have a hard time believing Gruden is already putting together a staff for this job when it doesn't look like Mangini is a sure bet to be fired.

that is what I was thinking as well. There hasn't been any real signs that Mangini will be fired. Now with Carolina and SF it is pretty clear that the HC's will get fired at the end of the season.
  • evil
  • Veteran

that is what I was thinking as well. There hasn't been any real signs that Mangini will be fired. Now with Carolina and SF it is pretty clear that the HC's will get fired at the end of the season.

I put Carolina in that same boat as Cincy, both coaches probably should have been fired already and haven't so possibly somehow they manage to keep their job yet again for another year but IMO both need to go.
Share 49ersWebzone