49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 581 users in the forums

Source: Jon Gruden to be hired by Cleveland in 2011

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by niner804233:
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-gruden-and-miami-close-on-deal-3-million-per-year/

Damn...still want to wait for more reports.

-9fA
Me too. Will lessen our pool of good coaches to bring in. He is in my top 3.
Originally posted by niner804233:
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-gruden-and-miami-close-on-deal-3-million-per-year/

interesting. That's a big surprise.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by niner804233:
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-gruden-and-miami-close-on-deal-3-million-per-year/

interesting. That's a big surprise.

I bet he is just doing this so he can get an NFL team to bid higher.
couldn't he make more money in the nfl?
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by niner804233:
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-gruden-and-miami-close-on-deal-3-million-per-year/

interesting. That's a big surprise.

I bet he is just doing this so he can get an NFL team to bid higher.

Gruden is reportedly set to sign a multi-year deal worth $3-million per season to coach the Hurricanes. This is less than 18 hours after the university dumped Shannon and his entire coaching staff only hours after his team’s 23-20 overtime loss to South Florida at home.

Stay tuned. A radio personality Lake Lewis is the one who “broke” the story, but I’d be very surprised if this was a done deal already,

It would probably be best if Gruden and the UM hierarchy had a cup of coffee and tried getting to know each other a little better first.


link

a radio host broke the story I don't trust the source.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by niner804233:
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-gruden-and-miami-close-on-deal-3-million-per-year/

interesting. That's a big surprise.

I bet he is just doing this so he can get an NFL team to bid higher.

Gruden is reportedly set to sign a multi-year deal worth $3-million per season to coach the Hurricanes. This is less than 18 hours after the university dumped Shannon and his entire coaching staff only hours after his team’s 23-20 overtime loss to South Florida at home.

Stay tuned. A radio personality Lake Lewis is the one who “broke” the story, but I’d be very surprised if this was a done deal already,

It would probably be best if Gruden and the UM hierarchy had a cup of coffee and tried getting to know each other a little better first.


link

a radio host broke the story I don't trust the source.

Interesting you say that:

"Please don't lock this thread. Bruce is a credible journalist and he wouldn't say that kind of thing over the radio if it wasn't true."



-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by niner804233:
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-gruden-and-miami-close-on-deal-3-million-per-year/

interesting. That's a big surprise.

I bet he is just doing this so he can get an NFL team to bid higher.

Gruden is reportedly set to sign a multi-year deal worth $3-million per season to coach the Hurricanes. This is less than 18 hours after the university dumped Shannon and his entire coaching staff only hours after his team’s 23-20 overtime loss to South Florida at home.

Stay tuned. A radio personality Lake Lewis is the one who “broke” the story, but I’d be very surprised if this was a done deal already,

It would probably be best if Gruden and the UM hierarchy had a cup of coffee and tried getting to know each other a little better first.


link

a radio host broke the story I don't trust the source.

Interesting you say that:

"Please don't lock this thread. Bruce is a credible journalist and he wouldn't say that kind of thing over the radio if it wasn't true."



-9fA

amazing call.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,737
Via Twitter :

Peter King :

Quote:
Jon Gruden is not going to the University of Miami. Period.

Adam Schefter :

Quote:
ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden on speculatuon he could return to coaching: "I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN."
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Via Twitter :

Peter King :

Quote:
Jon Gruden is not going to the University of Miami. Period.

Adam Schefter :

Quote:
ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden on speculatuon he could return to coaching: "I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN."

WTF do those scrubs know.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,737
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Via Twitter :

Peter King :

Quote:
Jon Gruden is not going to the University of Miami. Period.

Adam Schefter :

Quote:
ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden on speculatuon he could return to coaching: "I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN."

WTF do those scrubs know.

Gruden never said how long he was committed for...perhaps in January when MNF is over for 8 and a half months he may decide to take an NFL gig when they come calling. The rumored 3.4 mill a year or 3 point whatever it was he was gonna make at Miami is less than the 4-5 million a year he made in Tampa and would likely be offered (or more) by an NFL franchise.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Via Twitter :

Peter King :

Quote:
Jon Gruden is not going to the University of Miami. Period.

Adam Schefter :

Quote:
ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden on speculatuon he could return to coaching: "I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN."

WTF do those scrubs know.

Gruden never said how long he was committed for...perhaps in January when MNF is over for 8 and a half months he may decide to take an NFL gig when they come calling. The rumored 3.4 mill a year or 3 point whatever it was he was gonna make at Miami is less than the 4-5 million a year he made in Tampa and would likely be offered (or more) by an NFL franchise.

There's no way he'd go coach at Miami and make only 3 mill per year, he could get 6-7 from a team like us easy and coaching in the NFL.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Via Twitter :

Peter King :

Quote:
Jon Gruden is not going to the University of Miami. Period.

Adam Schefter :

Quote:
ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden on speculatuon he could return to coaching: "I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN."

WTF do those scrubs know.

Gruden never said how long he was committed for...perhaps in January when MNF is over for 8 and a half months he may decide to take an NFL gig when they come calling. The rumored 3.4 mill a year or 3 point whatever it was he was gonna make at Miami is less than the 4-5 million a year he made in Tampa and would likely be offered (or more) by an NFL franchise.

I was just busting your chops, K!

I agree that Gruden will drop TV in a hot minute if the right NFL gig comes around.
Good this means that the 49ers can concentrate bringing in Harbaugh
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by teeohh:

This.... nobody will want to work for us so we will be stuck with Billeck or a college coach like Harbaugh who I might want anyways. Dungy and Cowher will probably want to go else where...

Edit: I like Billeck and he is a good guy and a decent coach but I just don't see him being more than a 8-8, 9-7 coach.

f**k it at this point we might as well take Billick. He atleast has won a superbowl before and he's been a good OC. His offense in BMore sucked pretty badly but he did build a dominant defense there. Maybe see if we can trade for an Orton or a Kolb, draft Patrick Peterson, switch to a 4-3, and try to build a dominant D? IDK I wanted an offensive coach at first but it seems like we have no shot at any of the proven ones, atleast Billick has called a succesful offense before while in MN.

Switch to 4-3? Wasn't the Ravens Defensive Philosophy geared toward 3-4 which included A LOT of Cover 2? Why the hell would we change our Defense when our Depth Chart CLEARLY favors the 3-4.

Our DC just needs to take his sorry ass up to the Booth. Instead he's on the sidelines and Sing hasn't even mentioned this to him.

I remember when Mora and Knapp were our Coordinators. Both those guys thought that they were okay on the field too. Stupid just stupid.

~Ceadder
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone