LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 168 users in the forums

Brandon Lloyd

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Yet another thread about B Lloyd and his incredible season.

i would love for somebody to knock him out of the game when we play in harry potter land

With our luck he will make Clements and Spencer look stupid.

Maybe they could re-route him to the middle. Lloyd hats going over the middle. That's Willis, Mays, and Goldson land.

[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Oct 23, 2010 at 10:51:30 ]
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

We just dont pass the ball enough IMHO, especially down the field.

We're 8th in pass attempts per game. The problem is we're 23rd in average per pass. Coaching and every player on offense is a contributing factor to those numbers.

Lloyd always had the talent, maybe he just finally grew up. I always got the impression his problem was attitude. He can certainly make those tough catches.

That said, I don't think anyone could have predicted that he would ever produce like he is. He's 29 years old, 8th year in the league, and he only caught 59 passes during the 4 other seasons since we traded him. It'll be interesting to see his numbers at seasons end.

BTW, Denver is 4th in pass attempts per game. Difference is, they're also 4th in average per pass. I hope Clements gets some good rest during his week off and heals up.

Those numbers are skewed because we dont start to pass until we are down 3 scores. Then the defense knows its coming and sits on the deep routes. We need to pass to obtain the lead. Not to play catch up.

Not true. Look at our pass to run ratio in the 1st half of each game. We pass the ball alot more than we run the ball. It's a fact. We're 30th in the league in rushing attempts right now.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 23, 2010 at 11:02:51 ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

We're 8th in pass attempts per game. The problem is we're 23rd in average per pass. Coaching and every player on offense is a contributing factor to those numbers.

Lloyd always had the talent, maybe he just finally grew up. I always got the impression his problem was attitude. He can certainly make those tough catches.

That said, I don't think anyone could have predicted that he would ever produce like he is. He's 29 years old, 8th year in the league, and he only caught 59 passes during the 4 other seasons since we traded him. It'll be interesting to see his numbers at seasons end.

BTW, Denver is 4th in pass attempts per game. Difference is, they're also 4th in average per pass. I hope Clements gets some good rest during his week off and heals up.

Those numbers are skewed because we dont start to pass until we are down 3 scores. Then the defense knows its coming and sits on the deep routes. We need to pass to obtain the lead. Not to play catch up.

Not true. Look at our pass to run ratio in the 1st half of each game. We pass the ball alot more than we run the ball. It's a fact. We're 30th in the league in rushing attempts right now.

Again those numbers are skewed because we dont sustain drives. I bet we lead the league in 3 and outs too. That would be a more accurate stat to go off of.

Again those numbers are skewed because we dont sustain drives. I bet we lead the league in 3 and outs too. That would be a more accurate stat to go off of.

24th in yards per pass play. That explains why we're not substaining drives.

The Chiefs are 25th in yds per play and the Jets are 28th. They seem to be able to sustain drives.

The Chiefs are 25th in yds per play and the Jets are 28th. They seem to be able to sustain drives.

Maybe because they can actually run the football. 1st and 2nd in the league. In theory we want to be a running team but we're not.

We're a passing team that can't pass the ball down the field.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 23, 2010 at 11:38:08 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Maybe because they can actually run the football. 1st and 2nd in the league. In theory we want to be a running team but we're not.

Haha our team is so horrible.

We want to be a running team, yet we can't do that and our QB is only decent when in the Spread. We want to be the opposite of what we are. haha

We're a running team that can't run, and that results in a lot of 2nd/3rd and long situations which kill drives. We also had a playcaller that was scared of downfield passing for the first three games.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

We're a running team that can't run, and that results in a lot of 2nd/3rd and long situations which kill drives. We also had a playcaller that was scared of downfield passing for the first three games.

8th in pass attempts, 30th in rush attempts. In theory we're a running team but it hasn't played out that way.

One of our biggest problems is that we can't stretch the field with the passing game. It's the most dink and dunk passing attack in football and the fact that we've had to rely on it has been one of our downfalls.

The guy brought up the Chiefs and the Jets. The difference between them and us is the change of pace in running styles. They can throw mulitple backs at you attack you with different styles while we have one running play that we do over and over again. Jets also have the best line in football but very few teams can match that.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 23, 2010 at 12:56:02 ]
hijacked thread alert!

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

Ok, fun with statistics time, kiddies!

YPA based on score:

Ahead 1-8 points = YPA 6.39 on 41 attempts

Behind 1-8 points = YPA 6.61 on 84 attempts

Behind 9-16 points = YPA 6.62 on 37 attempts

This is according to ESPN statistics under Alex Smith splits.
FIXED:

We are a running team with a GREAT running back and the opposing defense stacks 8 men in the box and absolutely DESTROYES ANY holes Gore can run through.. Our Oline is a bottom tier Oline with SOME upside..

Bottom line is we have to do what best suites our talents.. pass the ball, set up the run.. Alex in the spread, he will complete 65+% of his passes and he CAN get the ball down field IF our receivers get some seperation and we have proper playcall/routes called.. Use Ginn to take away safety help that will clear out the middle for Crabtree and use Davis as a mismatch, sprinkle Gore and Westbrook out of the backfield and you potentialy have an EXPLOSIVE offense

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Oct 23, 2010 at 17:48:29 ]
i GIVE this skinny ass bastar^d props

He crashes and burns just to catch a passs.

That's hardcore badassness.

GO GIANTS!!
Ive always liked this guy.. he was never more than a 3rd WR, but things are working out with him in Denver.. Perhaps Ginn Jr can be our Brandon Lloyd
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone