There are 328 users in the forums

Why couldn't Martz do with us what he's doing with the Bears?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by lamontb:
Jay cutler is the difference.
  • dj43
Originally posted by susweel:

He is certainly important but when JTO wasn't putting it on the ground, the offense was moving the ball.

Martz got production out of quarterbacks every place he has been.
yeah, i can't believe how terrible Smith was in all those games he played with Martz as the OC! So terrible! Look at his stats---its ALL ZEROS!!!! Even the # of games played that year--ZERO! He's the suckiest!

Anyway, Singletary's first mistake was firing Martz. Everyone knows that. And now it appears very clear that Jed's first mistake was promoting Singletary instead of Martz.
people syaing hill vs cutler imo are wrong its more of a singeltary thing and being conservative
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by susweel:

He is certainly important but when JTO wasn't putting it on the ground, the offense was moving the ball.

Martz got production out of quarterbacks every place he has been.

That was before Singletary became head coach. Once Sing became HC, the Martz/Sing match of two extremes fit well with production and ball security.
dont wanna say that the bears' offense is bad this year but first and foremost it's all about their defense...it's an up-and-down season for cutler so far.

[ Edited by communist on Dec 4, 2010 at 06:12:01 ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:
yeah, i can't believe how terrible Smith was in all those games he played with Martz as the OC! So terrible! Look at his stats---its ALL ZEROS!!!! Even the # of games played that year--ZERO! He's the suckiest!

Anyway, Singletary's first mistake was firing Martz. Everyone knows that. And now it appears very clear that Jed's first mistake was promoting Singletary instead of Martz.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Cuter
Great defense
What are ya kidding? He has a Pro Bowl QB and we haven't had even a decent QB since 2003...
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
They have a good defense, and Martz realizes that having a balanced offense can open it up for Cutler and protect him often behind a mediocre offensive line.

They also have WRs that actually fit his system. Knox, Hester, and the rest are the smaller and faster types while he had Arnaz Battle and Isaac Bruce...

Originally posted by GEEK:
They have a good defense, and Martz realizes that having a balanced offense can open it up for Cutler and protect him often behind a mediocre offensive line.

They also have WRs that actually fit his system. Knox, Hester, and the rest are the smaller and faster types while he had Arnaz Battle and Isaac Bruce...

Word. I still couldn't stand all the 7 step drops, but he hardly had the personnel to run his system the way he likes to.
I can't believe Mike Martz had to coach under Mike Singletary...

Martz who did his part to win a SB with the Rams, as well as also take them to the SuperBowl as HC.......reduced to the role of coaching under someone as clueless as Singletary.

When Sing was first hired, I figured he would be a HC who didn't let ego get in his way, and played the best players, as well as let his assistants do their job....and he would bring everyone together.

but then the moment he got hired, he went out of his way to talk about how much he loved and respected Mike Nolan.....and that is where I started doubting the guy. Then started making excuses for Alex about how he was treated unfairly by the Media, BEFORE EVEN Coaching him ONE game. Then he started to talk more and more about what his philosophy was and how he wanted to run the team.......and that is when I started to get worried.

oh well, it is almost time for him to be officially gone.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I can't believe Mike Martz had to coach under Mike Singletary...

Martz who did his part to win a SB with the Rams, as well as also take them to the SuperBowl as HC.......reduced to the role of coaching under someone as clueless as Singletary.

Let's get a few things straight, here. All of Martz early success was do to him riding Dick V's coattails. When Martz started really doing things his way is when that team went to s**t. They don't call him "Mad Martz" for nothing. During his tenure as a HC, you could always count on him to do something quite a few times during a game that made you say "WTF was he thinking?!?". Untimely time outs, horrific play calling, and horrific clock management were all things that are classic Martz.

Sounds a lot like somebody else we know.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
You guys realize the 49ers are statistically a BETTER offense than Smartz' Bears, with the exception of pts/game, right?
Originally posted by FL9er:
You guys realize the 49ers are statistically a BETTER offense than Smartz' Bears, with the exception of pts/game, right?

Oh, so only with the exception of the most important thing, then.
Share 49ersWebzone