LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Why couldn't Martz do with us what he's doing with the Bears?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Cutler is playing off the charts, and so is the team. The big difference I think is Martz, and how he's been able to have Cutler playing to his full potential (before last night's game, he was the highest rated passer in the NFL, I assume that is still true now).

So why wasn't Martz able to do that here, with Smith, Hill, and O'Sullivan? Our team is otherwise as talented as the Bears....
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
Cutler is playing off the charts, and so is the team. The big difference I think is Martz, and how he's been able to have Cutler playing to his full potential (before last night's game, he was the highest rated passer in the NFL, I assume that is still true now).

So why wasn't Martz able to do that here, with Smith, Hill, and O'Sullivan? Our team is otherwise as talented as the Bears....

Cutler
/thread
Originally posted by pd24:

Cutler
/thread

Actually, i think it was more Singletary. And you can take smith out of the Martz list. He didn't even play that year.
Jay cutler is the difference.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Cutler playing off the charts??? I count 3 possible interceptions in that game in addition to the one he threw - 2 were called back because of flags.

He is playing off the charts, with a bad o line, no running game, and no #1 reciever. I would say his play has been great.

Cutler playing off the charts??? I count 3 possible interceptions in that game in addition to the one he threw - 2 were called back because of flags.

3 possible int's...GB had like 200 yards in penalties...and Devin Hester ran back a kick return for a TD....Bears should not have even been close in that game...

Don't get too excited

Cutler
/thread

That pretty much sums it up.

Cutler
/thread

they have a real qb.
Originally posted by popalpo:

3 possible int's...GB had like 200 yards in penalties...and Devin Hester ran back a kick return for a TD....Bears should not have even been close in that game...

Don't get too excited

packers will rape the bears in gb

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
you probably knew my reasons for posting this thread. We like to chalk up Alex's lack of production to coaching, but here a highly successful and superbowl winning OC couldn't do jack with Smith, but has Cutler, who was selected 11th overall if I remember correctly, playing lights out compared to Smith. In my mind, this kills the "our problem is bad QB coaching" argument. Even with one of the brightest offensive minds in the business giving him direction, Smith coudln't cut it.
Singletary felt threatened by Mike Martz that's why he fired him for Jimmy Raye.
We started the season with O'Sullivan.... and finished it with Hill. What more needs to be said?

And Martz was under Mike Nolan..
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Gee Shaj, why don't you enlighten us. This is another backhanded jab at Smith thread.

I think we get it by now, your opinion of Smith is low. He's a terrible QB that should be cut.

Bradford and Stafford and Fitzpatrick are better QBs on crappier teams.

Cutler is better with the same OC.

Etc, or since I know you're a Seinfeld fan, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Simple. Cutler and speedy receivers.
Share 49ersWebzone