There are 219 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by GoGetit:
He's been awful. He's headed to the practice squad. Book it.

Never. hes too good. ask Ronnie. plus he comes from a prideful hardworking family. that will never happen

GOOD GAWD!!! DON'T PEOPLE KNOW SARCASM WHEN THEY READ IT!!! YOU YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPERS NEED TO FREAKIN' READ MORE BOOKS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE GRASP OF SARCASM!!! GET OFF YOUR FREAKIN' VIDEO GAMES AND READ MORE BOOKS!!! GAWD GOOGILY MOOGILY!!!

You know what I am about to say is true. Dumber things have been said on Niner Talk. Most don't care who is the poster. So if you are going to make sarcastic remarks, you have to indicate it with exclamation marks or bold or something. I thought you were an idiot myself for saying that.

Really?! A 2nd round pick going to the practice squad?! A player of first round potential being able to go through waivers and stay in the practice squad?! A physical specimen with speed and power being put on waivers so that he can be put on the practice squad?!

You all really thought I was serious?! SERIOUSLY?!!

Wow.

I just had an epiphany.

EVERYONE is stupid in Ninertalk.

I love lamp.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Actually? I wouldn't mind throwing the kid into the fire from Day One -- the way Walsh did with three rookies (including a kid named Ronnie Lott) back in '81.

I know it's a different league now -- and the Niners weren't expected to contend in '81 like people expect them to contend this year -- but Taylor Mays is a special talent.

And remember this: Lott was NOT the highest rated DB coming out of college. Kenny Easley was. In fact -- Walsh had targeted Easley and was going to draft him with the sixth pick in the first round -- but Seattle grabbed him first with the 5th pick.

A chagrined Walsh instead went to his fallback pick: Ronnie Lott.

Lott had some knocks on him coming out of USC. They are similar to the knocks that have been made against Taylor Mays. And once again -- with the drafting of Mays -- Seattle played a KEY role.

I don't know if history ever repeats itself -- but I for one would like to throw the rook in and see what he can do.

You know what? I bet Ronnie feels the same darn way.

Thanks for the info I didn't know that. Good post!

I think we need to play him week one too. The more playing time he gets the faster he'll progress. By playoffs, he'll be ready to lay the wood.
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:32 PM ]
'effing Darth....

He looks lost out there sometimes, and almost never goes for the pick. Always the big hit!
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Actually? I wouldn't mind throwing the kid into the fire from Day One -- the way Walsh did with three rookies (including a kid named Ronnie Lott) back in '81.

I know it's a different league now -- and the Niners weren't expected to contend in '81 like people expect them to contend this year -- but Taylor Mays is a special talent.

And remember this: Lott was NOT the highest rated DB coming out of college. Kenny Easley was. In fact -- Walsh had targeted Easley and was going to draft him with the sixth pick in the first round -- but Seattle grabbed him first with the 5th pick.

Lott had some knocks on him coming out of USC. They are similar to the knocks that have been made against Taylor Mays. And once again -- with the drafting of Mays -- Seattle played a KEY role.

I don't know if history ever repeats itself -- but I for one would like to throw the rook in and see what he can do.

I think we need to play him week one too. The more playing time he gets the faster he'll progress. By playoffs, he'll be ready to lay the wood.

Thank you. I like to show my advanced age.

True, a surprisingly good post from BillBird. You got to give this guy credit, he at least comes up with posts more than 10 words like some "veterans" on here do.

But remember, it's best to take what BillBird says with a grain of salt. He's the same guy who called Anthony Davis a bust after struggling in OTA'S. You've been warned.
Originally posted by ACPReincarnated:

True, a surprisingly good post from BillBird. You got to give this guy credit, he at least comes up with posts more than 10 words like some "veterans" on here do.

But remember, it's best to take what BillBird says with a grain of salt. He's the same guy who called Anthony Davis a bust after struggling in OTA'S. You've been warned.

It's an opinion man. Point and laugh and move on. If he was or is a sports writer than be pissed.
I dont know about anyone else but personaly i cant wait to see Talyor Mays in our secondary. I understand yes a rookie and its early on in the season, but lewis is just not cutting it. The worst that could happen is he looks like our safetys last week getting burnt, but if he goes out pumped up for MNF and lays some serious hurt on one of the saints reciever it could really send a message to a pass happy offense.

I know its not going to happen but it just seems to make sense to me, the only we can keep them on their heels is with pass rush and some physical secondary play, lewis has been banged up and not willing to throw himself at a player the way a playtime hungry rookie is..
MAYS, Willie Howard, Jr.
Wasted pick. If he were even half way decent, he'd be starting over M Lewis. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting ZERO impact from him (sucks cuz he's a 2nd round pick).

• mayo49
  • Veteran
He should be starting. Lewis is too slow and too slow to react. Mays can make up on alot of things with his speed.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Wasted pick. If he were even half way decent, he'd be starting over M Lewis. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting ZERO impact from him (sucks cuz he's a 2nd round pick).

He fell to the second round... kiper and afew others hand him ranked 2nd overall safety. I think singletary is hard headed as far as giving rookies playtime or credit.. the only reason the lineman started is because our line has been questionable for a long time (aside from bright spots like staley and larry allen )
Taylor Mays or DIE!

Originally posted by Leathaface:

wow...............
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by mayo63:
He should be starting. Lewis is too slow and too slow to react. Mays can make up on alot of things with his speed.

Taylor is still honing his coverage skills. Lewis won't be losing his starting job anytime soon.
Share 49ersWebzone