Cody, Terrence DT
Tate, Ben RB
Hardesty, Montario RB
Tate, Golden WR
Ducasse, Vlad OT
Spikes, Brandon LB
Angerer, Pat LB
Brown, Charles OT
(insert powers boothe/curly bill tombstone pic)

well...bye.
I know a lot of you dislike Taylor Mays, but I would've hoped our new coaching staff took their time to develop him much more and turn him into a better football player. There's just so much talent there, but I feel like their mind was made up before training camp even started.

Good luck, Taylor. Hope all goes well in Cincy.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I know a lot of you dislike Taylor Mays, but I would've hoped our new coaching staff took their time to develop him much more and turn him into a better football player. There's just so much talent there, but I feel like their mind was made up before training camp even started.

Harbaugh saw him for years in the PAC-10. He probably wants some specific traits that he considers vital to the safety psition in the NFL, and Mays didn't meet the criteria. This is a new regime, and here are usually some unpopular cuts whenever a new regime changes the team to match their vision.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I feel like Baalke should be taking more heat for this.

I don't care how much Singletary yelled. Baalke was still the GM that drafted Mays in the second round.

Either Baalke made the pick, or he wasn't in charge of his own draft. Either way he has to take blame for totally wasting a high pick.

He wasn't the GM. I don't know where people get the idea that Baalke was a GM last year? McC dropped from the Niners about 2 months from the draft last year and Baalke was just filling in as a interim GM. He certainly did not have the final say on matters, as Singletary still held control over the roster, he was merely an caretaker of sorts that was to make sure the organization didn't fall apart till they could perform a real search for a GM.

Baalke wasn't hired to be the GM until this last off-season. Remember all the drama surrounding his hiring? Remember Jed talking about searching under every rock to find the best GM for the position? Remember Michael Lombardi slamming the Niners for their sham search?

In other words, IT WASN'T HIS OWN DRAFT... he assisted in it, but certainly did not have final say.

If I remember correctly McDouche was let go 2 to 3 weeks before the draft

I think it is safe to say that Sing IMPOSED HIS WILL for the first two picks and then the rest was what Scotty left on the board influenced by Baalke.
I know a lot of you dislike Taylor Mays, but I would've hoped our new coaching staff took their time to develop him much more and turn him into a better football player. There's just so much talent there, but I feel like their mind was made up before training camp even started. Good luck, Taylor. Hope all goes well in Cincy.

Don't hate mays. Just not as ready a safety as I would hope for in the 2nd.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Harbaugh saw him for years in the PAC-10. He probably wants some specific traits that he considers vital to the safety psition in the NFL, and Mays didn't meet the criteria. This is a new regime, and here are usually some unpopular cuts whenever a new regime changes the team to match their vision.

Yea I agree. From our safeties right now, something they all have are very fluid hips, and that's a huge knock Mays has had. I was just hoping they would've worked with him more, considering he was a 2nd round pick. He's a good kid and I wish him nothing but luck.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
list of players taken after Mays:

Arenas, Javier CB
Gerhart, Toby RB
Worilds, Jason DE
Cunningham, Jermaine DE
Dunlap, Carlos DE
Lee, Sean LB
Neal, Mike DT
Cody, Terrence DT
Tate, Ben RB
Hardesty, Montario RB
Tate, Golden WR
Ducasse, Vlad OT
Spikes, Brandon LB
Angerer, Pat LB
Brown, Charles OT

Ouch...
So much for Baalke not knowing what he was doing once again...a 4th/conditional 3rd is a pretty good haul for a player who could only make it in a preseason game in garbage time.
So is MadDog waiting to hear the actual trade before he spouts off about how terrible Baalke is, or did he do that already?

Originally posted by 76Razor:
(insert powers boothe/curly bill tombstone pic)

well...bye.

.." you smell that johny ? smells like some one died "
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
So much for Baalke not knowing what he was doing once again...a 4th/conditional 3rd is a pretty good haul for a player who could only make it in a preseason game in garbage time.

What are conditions? If he makes the pro bowl? is that the actual trade?
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

What are conditions? If he makes the pro bowl? is that the actual trade?
I read that if he got 80% of the snaps this year it bumps up to a 3
Has everyone forgotten the circus that the "GM Search " created ??
before the whole "Harbaugh Watch" started, The team needed to hire a GM first.

Baalke was not the GM last year. He was filling in for Scott but it was obvious ( atleast to me ) that Sing had control of the draft and personell.

This is Baalkes real 1st year as GM and by all accounts, it looks like he's doing a hell of a job so far.
[ Edited by ziggy_gonna_rock on Aug 23, 2011 at 8:25 AM ]
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
list of players taken after Mays:

Arenas, Javier CB
Gerhart, Toby RB
Worilds, Jason DE
Cunningham, Jermaine DE
Dunlap, Carlos DE
Lee, Sean LB
Neal, Mike DT
Cody, Terrence DT