LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 183 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by forty9ers49:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
So much for Baalke not knowing what he was doing once again...a 4th/conditional 3rd is a pretty good haul for a player who could only make it in a preseason game in garbage time.

Especiallly since the Bengals will likely have a top 10 (maybe top 5) pick. If he does play enough we could end up getting a very high 3rd round pick for him.

Is that official ?
Originally posted by susweel:
Is that official ?

No, far, far from official. It sounds like it came from a fan posting in a 49ers forum who says he knows someone on the inside. So this could just be complete BS. I bet the beat writers have read this and are trying to get confirmation.
[ Edited by ncninerfan on Aug 23, 2011 at 10:32 AM ]
I wonder if McCloughan "quit" and fought because Singletary was NOT his top choice to be a head coach. If that's the case, then Jed is the idiot here and probably made a lot of enemies in terms of business since McCloughan is well connected and I read an article that GM's around the league are not really talking to Baalke.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I wonder if McCloughan "quit" and fought because Singletary was NOT his top choice to be a head coach. If that's the case, then Jed is the idiot here and probably made a lot of enemies in terms of business since McCloughan is well connected and I read an article that GM's around the league are not really talking to Baalke.

isn't mcloughan running seattle? if so, having connections doesn't help much
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Joecool:

isn't mcloughan running seattle? if so, having connections doesn't help much
Yes but they did win the division and their first playoff game. Imagine if we did something like that. We would have higher expectations as fans the next year. I'm sure their fans are thinking deeper into the playoffs now that they are in their 2nd "more comfortable" year under that coaching staff.
Does anyone know what the point is of waiting a while to disclose what draft pick we got??
Originally posted by andes14:
Does anyone know what the point is of waiting a while to disclose what draft pick we got??

probably just a verbal agreement at this point. Gotta get all the paperwork in.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

probably just a verbal agreement at this point. Gotta get all the paperwork in.
I hope it's at least a 4th rounder ...even though it sucks we just flushed a 2nd rounder down the tube
i'd guess 5th rounder.
I mean we TOTALLY killed our leverage with that e-mail to EVERY team.. probably coulda gotten a 3rd w/o that.

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
RT @ricky_ge_68 what's point in not disclosing pick we received? > 49ers traded 2nd-rd pick of 2010. Can't be proud of what was received.
I mean we TOTALLY killed our leverage with that e-mail to EVERY team.. probably coulda gotten a 3rd w/o that.

Dude... the guy is a walking stiff... no one is going to give a 3rd round pick for a guy that can't even make it as a back-up on a team that NEEDED a safety.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
RT @ricky_ge_68 what's point in not disclosing pick we received? > 49ers traded 2nd-rd pick of 2010. Can't be proud of what was received.

Baalke turned a mid 2nd round pick into something that he doesn't want to "disclose" in one year.

Great job GM work.

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Baalke turned a mid 2nd round pick into something that he doesn't want to "disclose" in one year.

Great job GM work.
That's actually great director of personnel work
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Great job GM work.
That's actually great director of personnel work

Call it what you want, he had the final say on the draft.

Its unfortunate that Sing b***h slapped him.
Share 49ersWebzone