There are 172 users in the forums

Alex Smith survives to sling another year

Shop 49ers game tickets
adam shefter just tweeted that raiders and jags have expressed no interest. that leaves niners, browns and seahawks as the 7 original teams mentioned that have not said if they are interested or not. interesting. plus i dont see them trading to division rival cleveland
i'd be pleasantly surprised if the organization finally realized smith was not the answer.
Originally posted by sanfran49:
adam shefter just tweeted that raiders and jags have expressed no interest. that leaves niners, browns and seahawks as the 7 original teams mentioned that have not said if they are interested or not. interesting. plus i dont see them trading to division rival cleveland

Seahawks and Browns are definitely off the table, Paul Allen (owner of the Hawks) wouldn't allow such a move.

So I seriously have this image in my head right now of the Steelers trying to hash a deal with us (almost begging), but we're playing hardball. I honestly think we'd take a chance on Ben for sure if the offer was right.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i'd be pleasantly surprised if the organization finally realized smith was not the answer.

just out of curiosity how many qbs that were the answer had a different OC every year?
Everyone who wants Ben seems to be forgetting that he is going to be suspended for quite a few games this season. I'd rather take my chances with Alex the whole year than have to wait for Ben to come back.
Originally posted by sanfran49:

the 9ers were never interested, it has been tweeted by la conofra that the browns and niners were never contacted by the steelers
I don't care... I would take Ben in a heart beat!!! He is a 2 time SB champ, still young enough, better than Smith, and hasn't been convicted of anything!! F**K the media and all of there overblown hype on people and ESPN non stop coverage of bulls**t too!! give em' a first or second and lets go!!!! and btw it's going to be 4 games not 6 due to good behavior!!!!!! back to 9er football
Originally posted by got_five:
I don't care... I would take Ben in a heart beat!!! He is a 2 time SB champ, still young enough, better than Smith, and hasn't been convicted of anything!! F**K the media and all of there overblown hype on people and ESPN non stop coverage of bulls**t too!! give em' a first or second and lets go!!!! and btw it's going to be 4 games not 6 due to good behavior!!!!!! back to 9er football

Yeah cuase Ben has shown he is capable of that
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:

just me or is he pouring some rape drug in that bottle
Originally posted by valrod33:

It will fine!!! he knows he has no more chances, he obviously will never get a date everrrrrr again!!! so yes GOOD BEHAVIOR from this point on!!!!

Try to look at it this way: it's Monday Night Football and all eyes are on Candlestick as the 49ers host Champion New Orleans. It's a loud, proud atmosphere and San Francisco is out to shock the world and give notice that they mean business in 2010. Under the Monday Night lights, who do you feel most comfortable with under center?

1.) Alex Smith. A guy who has clawed his way back to the starting spot, but he comes with baggage. He's been in the pressure cooker and had some great games, but more often than not he has faltered. Still, I feel he's out best chance to win this game.

2.) David Carr, holding down the fort until Ben Rothelisberger returns from suspension. I honestly feel that if Big Ben is brought aboard, we'll be unloading Alex sooner than later and just move on. Carr taking the snaps against the Saints? You be the judge.

3.) Jimmy Clausen in the national spotlight two weeks into his rookie year. We're still not sure what we have in the kid, but hopefully he goes out there with a fearless approach since he really has nothing to reference for this kind of situation. I like his cool, and think he can keep up until late in the game when he tries to be a hero and blows it late.

4.) Nate Davis.....
nobody is trading anything...stop dreaming
The way i see it is Yes he is suspended for 6 games (4 if he's on good behavior)
I would tell the Steelers to trade that fool for our 2nd Rnd pick and a 6th (since he's potentially out for half the season)
Pick up an OT with our 13th 1st rnd pick , trade down our 17th for someone's 1st and 2nd round draft pick.

TADAO! instant playoff run.

But all this wont happen because the Niner organization dont have the ballz to pull it off.

My 2 cents.
-DW
Funny how all these people who are asking for Ben don't have full red bars.....I'm just saying. Dude is toxic....there are better QB's out there than this douche. Come on people have some self respect. This isn't madden.
Yeah, I liked Ben at first, but then I thought about it.

Dude is overrated and an off-field problem.

He gets hurt every year, and isn't the greatest qb ever.
Share 49ersWebzone