LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Alex Smith survives to sling another year

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i'd be pleasantly surprised if the organization finally realized smith was not the answer.

With Scotty M getting the boot, are you so sure they already haven't?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'd be pretty shocked
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'd be pretty shocked
Originally posted by Youngone:
Funny how all these people who are asking for Ben don't have full red bars.....I'm just saying. Dude is toxic....there are better QB's out there than this douche. Come on people have some self respect. This isn't madden.

What does having "full red bars" have anything to do with this?

Look, I don't know if Ben is the answer; heck I am still hopeful that Alex can be our QB of the future. The one fact that I think we can ALL agree on is that we need to fix our QB situation. The 49ers tried to fix it last year by trying to sign Kurt Warner. That told me right there that they are not sold on Smith.

If the 49ers traded for Ben Roethlisberger I wouldn't be mad. I would be happy that they are TRYING to do something about the most important position on our team.

So, just because I have been a member of this forum since 2005 but I don't have "full red bars" means that I don' t have any self respect?

If the 49ers trade anything other than our 1st round picks for Ben, I would be happy with that move.
Ignore ben and claussen, fix the oline and the defense. I have confidence that smitty can get us at least 9 wins next year.

If smitty can't carr has at least 7-9 wins in him also.. add that to the fact that our d wins us like 4 games a year, and its playoffs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I think they stick with Alex in 2010 almost certainly. And 2011 will be determined by how he plays. If it's good this year then it's Alex again. If it's not good then we pick a QB in 2011 early.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
He has improved & we would STILL bounce him? That would be just dumb. Im all for looking at a QB....but their is NO MUST HAVE QB in this draft. Im sure well get a good prospect in later rounds.
If this is the case, it'd probably spell the end for David Carr's short stint... Scott McCloughan just loves wasting the York's money. No way we cut Nate Davis and we give Alex his last shot as Clausen learns from the bench.

fin
No shocks.
Well, not the kind of shock I was threading about anyway. I'm surprised that for the first time in a long time, management not only addressed our most pressing need, they totally blew it away!

With Alex taking snaps behind the Berlin Wall this season, good things will come.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It's a copycat league.

Recent history gives us Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Mark Sanchez all leading their club to the playoffs in their rookie seasons. Two of them end up a mere game away from the Super Bowl. A kid named Jimmy Clausen is causing all kinds of ruckus today, and word on the street is that 49ers management just might be inclined to make a move to aquire him. Or is it all just a smokescreen?

Recent history gives us Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, and Drew Brees all making huge impacts in new cities almost immediately upon arrival. A certain Ben something-something is being dangled out there tonight. Is he on the same HoF level as those other three? No, but his championship experience is sort of thing you just can't coach a guy.

...and hell, there's always Tim Tebow.

Going to be a real interesting 24 hours starting right about now. We should brace ourselves for just about anything.

fail
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It's a copycat league.

Recent history gives us Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Mark Sanchez all leading their club to the playoffs in their rookie seasons. Two of them end up a mere game away from the Super Bowl. A kid named Jimmy Clausen is causing all kinds of ruckus today, and word on the street is that 49ers management just might be inclined to make a move to aquire him. Or is it all just a smokescreen?

Recent history gives us Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, and Drew Brees all making huge impacts in new cities almost immediately upon arrival. A certain Ben something-something is being dangled out there tonight. Is he on the same HoF level as those other three? No, but his championship experience is sort of thing you just can't coach a guy.

...and hell, there's always Tim Tebow.

Going to be a real interesting 24 hours starting right about now. We should brace ourselves for just about anything.

fail
Not really a fail.
If we gave up alot for Ben.......that would've sucked.

Niners did the best scenario.

Now, this is the do or die year for Smith. No more excuses now.
Share 49ersWebzone