There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Warner to see ophtalmologist : good for us ? (updated 12/5)

Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Mike8016:
The Leinart era begins

this would be great

Let's not count him out. If he goes through a week's worth of practice knowing that he'll be playing Sunday, he may do better. And the emergence of AZ's running game is a great addition to their already stout WR core.

I don't wish injury open anyone, even Warner. God bless him and his family. Some of you guys are just cruel. They are people before players.

Do you honestly believe that when Steve got his clocked cleaned in Arizona that Cardinal fans were hoping to see him play against them in the future..I don't think so.

That's on them. Just because they act in that way, doesn't mean I will.

I agree.

I wish no ill will towards Warner. Any team would love to have him because he's a great player, and that's why no one likes playing against him.

Yes, it could be an advantage playing against Leinart instead of Warner, but I won't say, "I'm glad he's hurt."
Originally posted by King49er:
I bet he's done

Guy needs to hang it up!

after reading the article, I doubt he plays this week. I bet he will try to play against us though but having concussion symptoms that long just seems serious and I'd worry. It's just like Ulbrich and how his symptoms lingered. If I was him I'd think it through very carefully, if I was his wife I'd be worried he could cause some serious damage with another hit, and if I was God I'd tell him to retire.
[ Edited by teeohh on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:24 PM ]
I hate the fact that instead if picking up warner when he was available a couple of years ago we signed trent dilfer....and we know how that panned out. Anyways I hope anyone who stands between the niners and the playoffs suffers. Especially Kurt warner.
I really can't see Leinart LEADING them to the playoffs. Maybe limping in, and thats only because we wouldn't take advantage of OUR opportunities. I do feel that we can beat Leinart on MNF though if he does play.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Warner>Leinert so i hope leinert plays but i want leinert to play against the vikings so they can destroy him and rattle his confidence even more before we play him. these next two weeks are very important for us. maybe we can find our legs and make a push late in the season like the tards did last season

THIS!
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49Fever:
posted five minutes ago by mike sando
I know you don't want to pray for other people to have injury but if he has a tough time recovering from the concussion and leinart is in vs vikes, that is improving our chances
A late season downfall for the tards ? i would like this very much

Even if Warner plays the Vikings will eat them up. Cards can't handle the pass attack of Favre plus the running power of AP.
Could the Madden Curse be showing its ugly head? Pittsburgh didn't have Big Ben and Polamalu and is in jepordy of missing the playoffs after winning the superbowl. Arizona has been pretty healthy with the exception of Boldin and maybe with the Warner injury the Madden Curse is beginning to catch up. Would be good for us if it is. Fitz was on the cover and nothing has happened to him. Yet.

But Warner's injury is no joke. He needs to do whats best for his family.If thats retirng then so be it.
Originally posted by backontop:
Leinert had a pretty good game 21/31 220 yards. Not a great game by any means but still productive. Lets juts hope that if Leinert gets the nod due to Warner not being able to play due to injury that Leinert doesn't decide to get his act together and start playing NFL football.

Ya word. The last thing I wanna see is a Leinart coming of age game against us on Monday Night.
  • utah49er
  • Info N/A
Full strength...give us everything you have. That is the only way to know what the standard is. As much as you may hate to say it, the Cards played in the Superbowl and were on miraculous int. away from winning.
Lets see what the kids got.....!
I'd never seriously wish an injury on a player but this sounds pretty bad from his descriptions of his sight. Do we want him to start against the Vikes to get knocked around a little? I don't know but as bad as it sounds this looks good for the 49ers!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8149deaf&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
Wow that sounds terrible. Hope he is ok. I don't think he will be playing the Vikes game this week. This injury sounds more serious. If the doctor gives him a go there is a chance that he will play on the big MNF.
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
I'd never seriously wish an injury on a player but this sounds pretty bad from his descriptions of his sight. Do we want him to start against the Vikes to get knocked around a little? I don't know but as bad as it sounds this looks good for the 49ers!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8149deaf&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Im pretty sure he could start against the vikes, but they will hold him out to prevent further injury
Yikes. That's friggin scary.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The HOF QB is done. He should go on IR.
Originally posted by GEEK:
The HOF QB is done. He should go on IR.