There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by GEEK:
He could be similar to the Matt Schaubb situation in Atlanta a few years ago.

But I think the Eagles are near ready if McNabb doesn't get the team to the playoffs this year.

McNabb is just too inconsistent to get this team to the next level.

Lets go McNaab! You can do it!

That was my first thought as well. I bet the Eagles totally dismantle this offseason. We could add McNabb with second or third rounder.
he is their future, they wont part with him.
Eagles will not deal Kolb...end thread...or change the title to Trade for McNabb
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I've been driving this bandwagon for quite some time.

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

I'd take away the 5th and add a next year's 2nd if I had to.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I don't think the Eagles are willing to trade Kevin Kolb, and this ain't Madden.

Explain please. Isn't this what the Texans did with Shaub? Isn't this what the Chiefs did with Cassel? Don't trades for back up QBs happen? He's not Manning or Brady, he's a kid that's played 5 games and doesn't have a very impressive body of work. Teams have a price for players like him. You can use the generic "this isn't madden" comment when referring to absurd trades. This kid is currently a backup QB. Can you explain how your comment is applicable to this situation?

I made the madden comment mostly to be a smartass, but also because you seem to be inventing a trade out of nowhere. Have you read or heard anything that would make you think that the Eagles would be at all interested in trading Kevin Kolb. No, you haven't, because there's no indication that they would even consider it.

Furthermore, we run a completely different offense than the Eagles do, and that alone would probably take at least a year or two for Kolb to get acclimated to before he was really ready to become the full time starter. You don't just plug a player (especially a QB) into a completely different system and have them instantly produce. That's living in Maddenland.

The Eagle's haven't indicated that they are interested in a trade, but surely they have a price. Some players are untradable....Manning, Brady, Reed, Willis, Lewis, Chris Johnson, etc. Others have a price. Having 2 first round picks and likely a fairly early 2nd round pick I think we have the ammunition to persuade Phili to trade. This isn't a "what's likely to happen," but rather a "what I would love to happen." As for our offensive system, it doesn't exist. WTF is our offense? Run down the middle? Spread out of SG? 100 yards passing per game? Scrap it! Get the F**** rid of it . We don't have an offensive system. Can we please bring a real offense back to this once proud franchise?!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I don't think the Eagles are willing to trade Kevin Kolb, and this ain't Madden.

Explain please. Isn't this what the Texans did with Shaub? Isn't this what the Chiefs did with Cassel? Don't trades for back up QBs happen? He's not Manning or Brady, he's a kid that's played 5 games and doesn't have a very impressive body of work. Teams have a price for players like him. You can use the generic "this isn't madden" comment when referring to absurd trades. This kid is currently a backup QB. Can you explain how your comment is applicable to this situation?

I made the madden comment mostly to be a smartass, but also because you seem to be inventing a trade out of nowhere. Have you read or heard anything that would make you think that the Eagles would be at all interested in trading Kevin Kolb. No, you haven't, because there's no indication that they would even consider it.

Furthermore, we run a completely different offense than the Eagles do, and that alone would probably take at least a year or two for Kolb to get acclimated to before he was really ready to become the full time starter. You don't just plug a player (especially a QB) into a completely different system and have them instantly produce. That's living in Maddenland.

McNabb's contract has 2 years left. Pending how the season plays out and if they extend him Kolb could be a tradeable commodity. It's not an unreallistic scenario here. Everybody has a price for their backup QB, and Philly has traded their backup for a 2nd rounder before (AJ Feely).

As for Kolb being a West coast guy. We don't have an offense right now. To think that we can't scrap this piece of sh*t offense is laughable. Sure it would require us to redo the line but hey isn't that the plan anyways.

Couldn't have said it better myself
Originally posted by krizay:

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

I'd trade a 1st and 3rd for Kolb or McNabb. McNabb just seems like he'd fit perfectly with Singletary's philosophy.

We aquired that extra 1st rounder to get a QB. If Philly's ready to part with one of them we got to jump at the oppurtunity.

The Eagle's haven't indicated that they are interested in a trade, but surely they have a price. Some players are untradable....Manning, Brady, Reed, Willis, Lewis, Chris Johnson, etc. Others have a price. Having 2 first round picks and likely a fairly early 2nd round pick I think we have the ammunition to persuade Phili to trade. This isn't a "what's likely to happen," but rather a "what I would love to happen." As for our offensive system, it doesn't exist. WTF is our offense? Run down the middle? Spread out of SG? 100 yards passing per game? Scrap it! Get the F**** rid of it . We don't have an offensive system. Can we please bring a real offense back to this once proud franchise?!

If it means trading a 1st or more is Kolb even worth that ? Is he worth more than the risk of using a 1st on rookie from this draft class ?

How would you compare Kolb's potential to that of Locker/Bradford/Clausen/Tebow/McCoy/Pike/LeFevour/Snead ?

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

I'd trade a 1st and 3rd for Kolb or McNabb. McNabb just seems like he'd fit perfectly with Singletary's philosophy.

We aquired that extra 1st rounder to get a QB. If Philly's ready to part with one of them we got to jump at the oppurtunity.

Did we really ? Or did we trade away our 2nd because there were no players that we felt met the value of our 2nd without reaching and in the process managed to find a trade partner who was willing to cough up a 1st ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

Did we really ? Or did we trade away our 2nd because there were no players that we felt met the value of our 2nd without reaching and in the process managed to find a trade partner who was willing to cough up a 1st ?

We'll see, but I'm pretty confident about that statement.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 14, 2009 at 10:40:04 ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

We'll see, but I'm pretty confident about that statement.

I'm almost certain that that was the thinking. If Alex comes through on well, we still have 2 first round picks. If not, we have the ammunition to move up and get the QB we want with our 2 first rounders. This is why Scotty was saying, before the draft, that his top 2 wishes were either a 2010 1st rounder, or Michael Crabtree. He got both.

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

do you remember? the 49ers gave Owens to the Eagles for 3 rounds.. but i thought it was 1st round for owens but Eagles was cheap mouth and gave the 49ers for 3 round for Owens!... why not gave up for 3rd that kevin kolb for 49ers??!! that is better fair!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

do you remember? the 49ers gave Owens to the Eagles for 3 rounds.. but i thought it was 1st round for owens but Eagles was cheap mouth and gave the 49ers for 3 round for Owens!... why not gave up for 3rd that kevin kolb for 49ers??!! that is better fair!!!

Actually we had a trade with Balt for a 2nd or something. But T.O. didn't want to go to Balt. Then I could have swore the league was going to give us the #33 pick or something of that nature. But Again T.O. wanted to go to Philly. So we ended up with Brandon Freaking Whiting.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

http://www.nestofdeath.com/season/2004/news/kearse/TO3wayDeal.html

Quote:
HILADELPHIA (March 16, 2004) -- Terrell Owens will get his wish to play for the Philadelphia Eagles, following a settlement reached before an arbitrator could rule on the star receiver's case to become a free agent.

The San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens and Eagles agreed to a deal to send Owens to Philadelphia, which will sign him to a seven-year contract.

The Eagles sent a fifth-round draft pick to Baltimore and defensive end Brandon Whiting to San Francisco. The Ravens get back the second-round pick they sent to the 49ers for Owens.

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

http://www.nestofdeath.com/season/2004/news/kearse/TO3wayDeal.html

Quote:
HILADELPHIA (March 16, 2004) -- Terrell Owens will get his wish to play for the Philadelphia Eagles, following a settlement reached before an arbitrator could rule on the star receiver's case to become a free agent.

The San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens and Eagles agreed to a deal to send Owens to Philadelphia, which will sign him to a seven-year contract.

The Eagles sent a fifth-round draft pick to Baltimore and defensive end Brandon Whiting to San Francisco. The Ravens get back the second-round pick they sent to the 49ers for Owens.

sigh.. thanks.. i get it.. I think, kevin kolb is look good a qb.. I hope, the eagles gave kevin kolb to the 49ers! Lolz..