LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I am really hating the "trade for Kolb idea", what has he done to convince anyone he can be successful in the NFL?

He couldn't fight off a guy that was out of the league for two years even after being named the unquestioned starter!

It's not as if Vick walked out of prison and beat out Kolb. He had 2009 to sit and learn behind McNabb and then eventually took over for good with impressive performances after Kolb got dinged. Vick went on to lead the NFL in yards per game earning his fourth trip to the Pro-Bowl along the way.

Great, only Kolb got to do the same thing (sit behind Mcnabb) while Vick was in prison and what did he do with the oppertunity? He got beat out by a guy that was out of the league for two years! That say's it all for me...

All it says to me is that Kolb got beat out by a 2010 pro-bowler.
Just who backs up Kolb at PHIL? Keep in mind that PHIL is one hit away from losing Vick. And who do they want to go in to replace him? If Kolb is as good as you hope he is, then there is no way PHIL trades him away. Unless they are planning on signing Alex Smith as his replacement?

If this is what they have in mind, then it is a smart move by PHIL and dumb by SF, because as a backup, Alex is as valuable if not more valuable than Kolb.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by excelsior:
Just who backs up Kolb at PHIL? Keep in mind that PHIL is one hit away from losing Vick. And who do they want to go in to replace him? If Kolb is as good as you hope he is, then there is no way PHIL trades him away. Unless they are planning on signing Alex Smith as his replacement?

If this is what they have in mind, then it is a smart move by PHIL and dumb by SF, because as a backup, Alex is as valuable if not more valuable than Kolb.

Well as much as you want people to prove to you that Kolb is better than Smith, tell me, how is Smith much better than Kolb??

I agree Smith is probably the best available young QB in free agency (when there is one), but that's not saying much.
I chaNGE MY MIND.. Kolb is not the best at QB.. I don't want him!
only way i'll trade for kolb is if the eagles accept a 3rd
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
only way i'll trade for kolb is if the eagles accept a 3rd

thats my sentiments exactly
Originally posted by excelsior:

If the Eagles can get an extra 1st or 2nd round pick for Kolb they'd probably be OK with a player like Seneca Wallace as a back-up to Vick. He's got five years in the WCO under Holmgren, he's got a 60.4% career completion percentage and nearly a 2-1 TD to INT ratio. He'd be fine as a back-up in place of Kolb. Also the Eagles have two 4th and two 5th rounders with which to pick up another developmental QB.

In fact if we can't make a deal for a legit starter I'd love to see Wallace on our roster as a fallback option for whomever.
  • dj43
Right now it is looking like the choice for the 49ers would be to have their pick to draft either Von Miller or Prince Amukamara, OR trade that pick to Philly for Kevin Kolb.

Who here is willing to make that trade?
Originally posted by dj43:
Right now it is looking like the choice for the 49ers would be to have their pick to draft either Von Miller or Prince Amukamara, OR trade that pick to Philly for Kevin Kolb.

I'd swap #1's with Philly for Kolb or give up a 2nd . . . beyond that . . . I'd pass.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by dj43:

I'd swap #1's with Philly for Kolb or give up a 2nd . . . beyond that . . . I'd pass.
Oh, I'd SWAP picks with them in a NY minute!

I wouldn't give them the #45 overall pick for him though. I just don't think he has proven that kind of value. He is still a package of potential.

• jrg
  • Veteran
A buddy of mine just texted me saying he heard we're supposed to give up a 1st for Kolb.

Originally posted by jrg:
A buddy of mine just texted me saying he heard we're supposed to give up a 1st for Kolb.

WTF please god NO

your buddy is f**kin liar and tell him to say that to my face
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33507/seventh-pick-too-much-for-kevin-kolb
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33507/seventh-pick-too-much-for-kevin-kolb

Id kick Harbaugh in his nuts HARD if we traded the 7th pick for Kolb
Share 49ersWebzone