LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jrg:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33507/seventh-pick-too-much-for-kevin-kolb

Id kick Harbaugh in his nuts HARD if we traded the 7th pick for Kolb

lol no s**t i dont even think hes worth a 2nd

i would give a third and a 5th or even maybe a 3rd and one of our 4ths but thats as much as i would give them
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
No one's trading for anyone. I can't beleive people actually think this CBA deal will be done at any point other than the last minute.
I would do a 2nd in a heartbeat or would probably even swap 1st rounders for him. We need a QB to be competitive and I'm sick of bush league QB's.
I did a little research by looking at an Eagle fan forum. The general impression I came away with is that many fans are in favor of PHIL trading Kolb because they have not been impressed by him. One fan suggested that they pick up Alex Smith because he thought he showed a lot of talent when he played the Eagles earlier this year and thought Reid could really develop him.
Originally posted by excelsior:
I did a little research by looking at an Eagle fan forum. The general impression I came away with is that many fans are in favor of PHIL trading Kolb because they have not been impressed by him. One fan suggested that they pick up Alex Smith because he thought he showed a lot of talent when he played the Eagles earlier this year and thought Reid could really develop him.

Probably a fan that also wanted Akili Smith over McNabb.
[ Edited by jones49 on Feb 18, 2011 at 5:30 PM ]
This thread seems to be dying, but I am forced to make this point here:

I just read Make Sando's (ESPN) article entitled "Case against Kevin Kolb." He writes that Kolb has been in "a very QB frienedly system for four years. ... good offensive line, great receiving options, ... one of the most versatile running backs, ... Andy Reid calling the plays. And he is arguably less effective than Alex Smith."

Those are Sandos words, not mine. He concludes the piece by writing that Kolb is "a middle-of-the-road QB."

I just read Make Sando's (ESPN) article entitled "Case against Kevin Kolb." He writes that Kolb has been in "a very QB frienedly system for four years. ... good offensive line, great receiving options, ... one of the most versatile running backs, ... Andy Reid calling the plays. And he is arguably less effective than Alex Smith."

Those are Sandos words, not mine. He concludes the piece by writing that Kolb is "a middle-of-the-road QB."

I agree with him.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

I agree with him.

For what it's worth . . . me too!

What exactly is the point of giving up ANY draft picks, when you can get the same thing (maybe even better) without sacrificing a pick. Just re-sign the loser. No kidding . . . I do believe that from what I've seen of Kolb . . . Alex Smith could probably do that. And I am in no way, shape or form endorsing Alex with that statement.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

I agree with him.

For what it's worth . . . me too!

What exactly is the point of giving up ANY draft picks, when you can get the same thing (maybe even better) without sacrificing a pick. Just re-sign the loser. No kidding . . . I do believe that from what I've seen of Kolb . . . Alex Smith could probably do that. And I am in no way, shape or form endorsing Alex with that statement.

I'd give them a 4th for him, but I think their expectations are unreal. I think once he gets into a less qb-friendly environment he will be seen to be a 2nd stringer.

He's only had a few starts so it is hard to be sure but for that same reason you don't want to gamble away much.

Seems likely that we will have to draft not knowing if he could be traded. Perhaps it's just as well.

di u guys know kolbs career rating is only better than alex smiths by 1?

and the eagles for first 2 years of when smith was on teams was so much better than the niners
  • mod
  • Veteran
Lol you guys are funny

Kolb - 1/4

• 1281 Yards
  • 58.7% completed
  • 7.4 Average
  • 5 Touchdowns
  • 6 Interceptions
  • 3 Fumbles lost

• 77.2 QBR

Smith - 4/1

• 965 Yards
  • 65.9% Completed
  • 6.7 Average
  • 7 Touchdowns
  • 1 Interception
  • 1 Fumbles lost

• 104.1 QBR
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Lol you guys are funny

Kolb - 1/4

• 1281 Yards
  • 58.7% completed
  • 7.4 Average
  • 5 Touchdowns
  • 6 Interceptions
  • 3 Fumbles lost

• 77.2 QBR

Smith - 4/1

• 965 Yards
  • 65.9% Completed
  • 7.7 Average
  • 7 Touchdowns
  • 1 Interception
  • 1 Fumbles lost

• 104.1 QBR

Fixed!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Kevin Kolb has always been a below average quarterback. Whisenhunt will be fired as a result.
That trade and the contract they gave kolb will set them back for a while.
Share 49ersWebzone