There are 233 users in the forums

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/09000d5d81b667be/WK-6-Kevin-Kolb-highlights

Don't like his throwing motion. A few of the passes were high. Overall not bad but I think they're going to ask for wayyyyyyy too much.

really? i like his throwing motion a lot. its a quick release compared to alex's retarded motion.
Originally posted by excelsior:
It makes no logical sense to trade ANY pick for Kolb, if you can resign Alex and not give up any picks. Compare Kolb's and Alex's stats this last year, and ask your self who appears to be the better QB. And remember that Kolb was supported by a superior OC and OL.

Don't let your intense hatred of Alex lead you into irrational proposals.

other than the fact that kolb had way less starts and actually beat alex and 9ers in sf? kolb is better.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
It makes no logical sense to trade ANY pick for Kolb, if you can resign Alex and not give up any picks. Compare Kolb's and Alex's stats this last year, and ask your self who appears to be the better QB. And remember that Kolb was supported by a superior OC and OL.

other than the fact that kolb had way less starts and actually beat alex and 9ers in sf? kolb is better.

Not to mention Kolb's mechanics, footwork, release and delivery are far better than Smiths. I also like the fact that Kolb has been in the WCO for a few years. But yah, hes not worth a 1st round pick IMO.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Not to mention Kolb's mechanics, footwork, release and delivery are far better than Smiths. I also like the fact that Kolb has been in the WCO for a few years. But yah, hes not worth a 1st round pick IMO.

He also had better options to throw to and better coaching but hey not like that matters. I'm not even for keeping Alex or anything, I don't really care honestly. But Kolb was supposed to replace McNabb in Philly and started the season off like s**t before he got injured. Then Vick comes in and starts rapin everybody out there and their offense takes off. This dude has a career passer rating of like friggin 73 guys, and last year he was at 76 despite having Reid as coach, recievers Jackson, Maclin, and Celek, and a good pass catching running back in McCoy. To put that in perspective, the guy you all hate(Alex Smith) had a rating of 82.

I dont really care to bring Alex back unless Harbaugh really wants him, but why anyone would trade a 1st round pick for this guy blows my flippin mind. Seriously, he's NOT THAT GOOD. There is definitely no guarantee he'd be even an average QB for us, I don't think he's even worth a 2nd rounder honestly(but some team will overpay and probably give the Beagles what they want), but why do some of the people on here want to trade a first round pick for this guy, the 7th pick in the draft, for a guy who is not even guaranteed to be average? You can get the same production out of Kyle Orton(better actually) and you'd have to trade less, or you can just sign a vet and get similar production and then draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd like Ponder or Stanzi.

Kolb had as many 300 yard games in his first two starts as Alex has had his whole career.

In other words, it took Alex 48 games to do something Kolb did in 2.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

He also had better options to throw to and better coaching but hey not like that matters. I'm not even for keeping Alex or anything, I don't really care honestly. But Kolb was supposed to replace McNabb in Philly and started the season off like s**t before he got injured. Then Vick comes in and starts rapin everybody out there and their offense takes off. This dude has a career passer rating of like friggin 73 guys, and last year he was at 76 despite having Reid as coach, recievers Jackson, Maclin, and Celek, and a good pass catching running back in McCoy. To put that in perspective, the guy you all hate(Alex Smith) had a rating of 82.

I dont really care to bring Alex back unless Harbaugh really wants him, but why anyone would trade a 1st round pick for this guy blows my flippin mind. Seriously, he's NOT THAT GOOD. There is definitely no guarantee he'd be even an average QB for us, I don't think he's even worth a 2nd rounder honestly(but some team will overpay and probably give the Beagles what they want), but why do some of the people on here want to trade a first round pick for this guy, the 7th pick in the draft, for a guy who is not even guaranteed to be average? You can get the same production out of Kyle Orton(better actually) and you'd have to trade less, or you can just sign a vet and get similar production and then draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd like Ponder or Stanzi.

He wasn't exactly playing like s**t, he didn't light the world on fire in a half of football but he was opening the season against a top 5 Packers D.

I also don't see anyone wanting to trade #7 for him, but I do see some who would swap first round picks. Yes that means the Eagles would pick 7th but the value of the deal is much different because it would leave us with a 1st round pick still.

It's hard to say exactly what one is getting with Kolb, however you do know you are getting someone who has received great coaching and improved a lot of his weaknesses under that coaching staff. He has flashed good to great potential at times, though has been inconsistent overall, perhaps that is because of the fact he had about a half dozen starts under his belt and has been inserted in and out of the starting lineup which isn't always great for a QB's confidence.
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
I hate trading high picks but this is a no brainer. Draft a 1st round QB and you don't know what you'll get. Trade a 1st rounder for Kolb and you at least get a good QB with the potential of being great.

Maybe if we had a late first rounder. You are aware that we have the #7 overall pick right?

The reason why he said the words in bold.

Kolb is not worth the 7th pick in the draft. NO WAY.

I agree, but I was just pointing out what he said.

What I really mean is that we trade the 7th pick and our 2nd rounder for the Eagles 1st rounder and Kolb.

Still think that is too high of a price. I'd be willing to swap first round picks with Philly and throw in a 4th round pick in next years draft. That's about it. If it's a no, we can get a QB in the second round this year.
I hate trading high picks but this is a no brainer. Draft a 1st round QB and you don't know what you'll get. Trade a 1st rounder for Kolb and you at least get a good QB with the potential of being great.

I don't see this potential myself. I think Kolb is a backup quarterback with the potential of maybe starting. Maybe.

Pick a game changer with the 7th overall and pick up a qb around the third.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Again, I agree Kolb is not worth a 1st round or probably even a 2nd round pick. But right now, you can pretty much only judge Kolb off flashes of what hes done. Trying to judge his career so far off QB's ratings or wins and losses is pointless, as he hasn't even started a whole season. Its like how a lot of the Zoners in 9ertalk get all giddy of Alex Smith QB rating and compare them to Peyton Manning's, Tom Brady's or Philip Rivers when in fact Smith hasn't even started a full 16 game season, so the rating could go either way if he did. But for me, its about judging his arm-strength, accuracy, footwork, mechanics and decisions hes made. And if we had some real coaches film on him I'm pretty sure it would show why the Eagles think highly of his value with a 1st round pick.

But to think the Eagles are standing firm with a 1st round pick as there price for Kolb, I wouldn't worry about. Its like putting something up on Craigslist for sale, you have a set price, but if a hundred people come calling offering you less, then of course your gonna end up coming to an agreement somewhere in the middle and get less then what you put up for it.
Kolb is absolutley worth a 2nd round pick this year and a 3rd round next year. He has excellent mechanics and is ready to be a full time starter. If the Niners were drafting at the end of the draft I would deal a first for him but would never deal the 7th pick.

I would be very happy if the Niners pulled off a deal for Kolb without having to deal a first round pick either this year or next. I seriously doubt anyone is going to get the kid without giving up a first though.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Kolb is absolutley worth a 2nd round pick this year and a 3rd round next year. He has excellent mechanics and is ready to be a full time starter. If the Niners were drafting at the end of the draft I would deal a first for him but would never deal the 7th pick.

I would be very happy if the Niners pulled off a deal for Kolb without having to deal a first round pick either this year or next. I seriously doubt anyone is going to get the kid without giving up a first though.

if we really do have to give up a first, then i wouldn't blame the 9ers for taking their chances when he hits free agency.
Kevin Kolb will not be traded this year.

/thread
Originally posted by HessianDud:

/thread

Thanks Nostradamus!

Any lotto numbers while you're at it??
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

/thread

Thanks Nostradamus!

Any lotto numbers while you're at it??

2 43 28 17 5 33
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Question

Can we trade draft picks for players before March when the CBA expires ???

I thought I heard that after it expires that players cannot get traded, and I dont see them agreeing on a new CBA until after the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone