LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Rich Eisen said today that Kevin Kolb would be perfect fit for Harbaugh and the WCO!!
No higher than a 3rd, please!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The more I think of it... the more Kolb makes the most sense for us.

- versed in the art of WCO
- entering his prime at 26
- first QB in NFL history to record over 300 yds passing in 1st two starts

He's in a contract year. Meanwhile, Vick's contract is up. If the Eagles decide to keep Vick with a big contract they will have a strong incentive to deal Kolb. They will get draft picks if they deal him, they will get nothing if they don't. I feel they will trade him this offseason.

I think the starting point is our 2nd rounder this year. Maybe toss in next year's 3rd to seal the deal. No going above that imo.

This way we could draft defense round 1 (peterson, prince, miller) and have our QB of the future as well. A young QB like Kolb eliminates the need to draft any project QB in the later rounds, essentially recouping us a pick in that regard that we can use on some other position.

Not for 2 firsts. Not even 1 first. If something less maybe.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Not for 2 firsts. Not even 1 first. If something less maybe.

This
I now hate this draft class.. If we somehow manage to acquire Kolb for a 3rd rounder, I will be a happy camper
Originally posted by YungAce:
I now hate this draft class.. If we somehow manage to acquire Kolb for a 3rd rounder, I will be a happy camper

With so many teams looking for QBs, the Eagles will be able to get a couple draft picks for Kolb. The teams that need QBs are probably more comfortable with Kolb than drafting one of the guys coming out.

I think it's going to take a least a second to get him..
let someone else have him if they're asking for 1st rounders. they can suck ma kack
Originally posted by fakers23:

I think it's going to take a least a second to get him..

I know we need a QB but IMO that's kind of too much to pay if they want anything more than a 2nd. The guy doesn't even have a good passer rating despite playing in Andy Reid's WCO and being able to throw to Maclin, Jackson, Celek, and McCoy. But since so many teams need QBs, someone will probably give them what they want. I rather sign a vet and draft Ponder in the 2nd.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Rich Eisen said today that Kevin Kolb would be perfect fit for Harbaugh and the WCO!!

I don't think Philly is any rush to trade him. Especially given Vicks injuries this past year.

I can't see them letting him go for the prices most of you are proposing. I think somebody's going to overpay for him.
I hate trading high picks but this is a no brainer. Draft a 1st round QB and you don't know what you'll get. Trade a 1st rounder for Kolb and you at least get a good QB with the potential of being great.
Originally posted by jones49:
I hate trading high picks but this is a no brainer. Draft a 1st round QB and you don't know what you'll get. Trade a 1st rounder for Kolb and you at least get a good QB with the potential of being great.

Maybe if we had a late first rounder. You are aware that we have the #7 overall pick right?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Maybe if we had a late first rounder. You are aware that we have the #7 overall pick right?

The reason why he said the words in bold.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by binary2nd:

The reason why he said the words in bold.

Kolb is not worth the 7th pick in the draft. NO WAY.
Share 49ersWebzone