There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kevin Kolb

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Wait a second how come Marshall isnt starting for them? I forgot all about him. Anyway you're right, I did underrate them a bit,But I still dont think they're that great.

Jefferson beat him out. Marshall is a better fit as the nickel nonetheless. The potential to be great on defense is there, if Williams starts to dominate up front and Acho and Schofield can overtake Porter and Hagans.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Well. My personal belief based solely off of preseason is that Kolb in Arizona is the real deal, and he's gonna be a big problem for us for years to come. I think he turns out to be the franchise QB they were hoping for. Another Matt Schaub in the making.

Keep this post handy though because we'll find out for sure starting tomorrow.

I agree.

I mean, I know this pass looks like an easy connection to make when a guy like Fitzgerald is running the route. But I'll be dammed if someone like Alex Smith does not overthrow, or underthrow, or roll out right and throw it out of bounds on this play.

Fitz is going to make Kolb's job easy as pie. All Kolb has to do is be accurate with his delivery. Unfortunately for us, he is.

Not really sure what your talking about with Alex Smith, that's his bread butter play to V.Davis?

And how many gut wrenching times have we seen him blow that throw? More than I want to even try to remember.

What? He almost always hits that seam route to Vernon dude. That throw to Fitz was nothing special, that was horrendous coverage and during the regular season teams will double him with a safety over the top. The Cards dont have anyone else to throw to and their running game is garbage now that Ryan Williams is done. Their defense is hella old and their pass rush isnt that impressive, and their secondary is rookie Patrick Peterson, Antrel Rolle, and 2 scrubs. I'm not scare of that team at all.

I don't disagree about the Cards D. Taking them apart should not be a problem. Fitzgerald is such a freak that double and triple coverages have trouble with him when he is at his best. The Super Bowl comes to mind. The better defenses in the league will be able to compensate. I have no confidence anyone in the 49ers secondary can keep up with Fitz. Now that he has a QB who can actually throw again, our best hope is to sack Kolb before he can pick us apart.

we shut his ass down even when Warner was there, except for one game in 07
Kevin Kolb 18/27 309yds 2TD 0 INT 130.0

Imagine what Jim could have done with this guy
What? He almost always hits that seam route to Vernon dude. That throw to Fitz was nothing special, that was horrendous coverage and during the regular season teams will double him with a safety over the top. The Cards dont have anyone else to throw to and their running game is garbage now that Ryan Williams is done. Their defense is hella old and their pass rush isnt that impressive, and their secondary is rookie Patrick Peterson, Antrel Rolle, and 2 scrubs. I'm not scare of that team at all.

Too bad that you're not playing. 'Cos then we'd murder the bums, fo show!

But Alex is so much better then him.
Originally posted by susweel:

Lol guys calm down firs of all harbaugh didn't want him

Second he got 300 yards against a team that lost 2 of it's best defensive players
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Second he got 300 yards against a team that lost 2 of it's best defensive players

LOL crowning him because he played against the sorry ass secondary of the panthers
just f**ked up
Originally posted by jreff22:
just f**ked up

We're staying the course! LMAO
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
LOL crowning him because he played against the sorry ass secondary of the panthers

If you wanna just crown his ass, crown him!

Oh come on, is it so hard to give credit where its due. Seriously, at least Kolb has looked like a competent starter. Can't really say the same for Alex Smith, so far hes looked like nothing more than a back up. And to think I was a big critic of Kolb last year.

Crown him, no, but this guy looks like hes got the potential to do damage in this league.
Kolb still sucks
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

Oh come on, is it so hard to give credit where its due. Seriously, at least Kolb has looked like a competent starter. Can't really say the same for Alex Smith, so far hes looked like nothing more than a back up. And to think I was a big critic of Kolb last year.

Crown him, no, but this guy looks like hes got the potential to do damage in this league.

Not on Sunday.

He threw two interceptions against the Seahawks and lost.

THE SEAHAWKS.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Not on Sunday.

THE SEAHAWKS.

Let's make an excuse. He's on a new team, with new players, in a new offense. Give him 4 more games.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by redrathman:

Not on Sunday.

THE SEAHAWKS.

Let's make an excuse. He's on a new team, with new players, in a new offense. Give him 4 more games.

Kolbexcuses?