LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Kevin Kolb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by Youngone:
I'm going to be pissed if the Cardinals nab Peterson in the draft, trade for Kolb, and sign Manny Lawson who produces a 10+ sack season and they go to the playoffs.

Manny Lawson, 10 + sacks??

look at TBC didnt he own with the patriots and he sucked for us lawson is clearly more talented he is extremely athlethic great in coverage and against the run maybe in the right system he would excell in pass rush as well
Originally posted by Youngone:
I'm going to be pissed if the Cardinals nab Peterson in the draft, trade for Kolb, and sign Manny Lawson who produces a 10+ sack season and they go to the playoffs.

DRC's contract

7/25/2008: Signed a six-year, $16 million contract. The deal includes $9 million guaranteed. 2011: $950,000, 2012: $1,128,750, 2013: Free Agent

They have him for 1 more year then his contract is up, if he plays very well he will want an extension and a fat contract. Now what we need is no rookie cap this year because if we go off of last years numbers....

Berry made Six years, $60 million ($34M guaranteed)

So we can figure Peterson will get a 6 year deal worth $35-$38M guaranteed w/ a max of over 60 million. DRC wont want to be second fiddle to Peterson so he will ask for a s**t ton of money. His rookie deal was for 6 years $16M, you can bet he will be looking for at least $25-$30M and around 5 years. So Arz will be on the hook for $60M for 2 DB's for the better part of 5ish years. Can you say Fitz and Boldin part 2, and one had to leave.
Well. My personal belief based solely off of preseason is that Kolb in Arizona is the real deal, and he's gonna be a big problem for us for years to come. I think he turns out to be the franchise QB they were hoping for. Another Matt Schaub in the making.

Keep this post handy though because we'll find out for sure starting tomorrow.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Well. My personal belief based solely off of preseason is that Kolb in Arizona is the real deal, and he's gonna be a big problem for us for years to come. I think he turns out to be the franchise QB they were hoping for. Another Matt Schaub in the making.

I agree.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

I agree.

I mean, I know this pass looks like an easy connection to make when a guy like Fitzgerald is running the route. But I'll be dammed if someone like Alex Smith does not overthrow, or underthrow, or roll out right and throw it out of bounds on this play.

Fitz is going to make Kolb's job easy as pie. All Kolb has to do is be accurate with his delivery. Unfortunately for us, he is.

Cards have an easy schedule, hoping they somehow lose tomorrow

I agree.

I mean, I know this pass looks like an easy connection to make when a guy like Fitzgerald is running the route. But I'll be dammed if someone like Alex Smith does not overthrow, or underthrow, or roll out right and throw it out of bounds on this play.

Fitz is going to make Kolb's job easy as pie. All Kolb has to do is be accurate with his delivery. Unfortunately for us, he is.

Not really sure what your talking about with Alex Smith, that's his bread butter play to V.Davis?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I agree.

Not really sure what your talking about with Alex Smith, that's his bread butter play to V.Davis?

And how many gut wrenching times have we seen him blow that throw? More than I want to even try to remember.

I agree.

And how many gut wrenching times have we seen him blow that throw? More than I want to even try to remember.

What? He almost always hits that seam route to Vernon dude. That throw to Fitz was nothing special, that was horrendous coverage and during the regular season teams will double him with a safety over the top. The Cards dont have anyone else to throw to and their running game is garbage now that Ryan Williams is done. Their defense is hella old and their pass rush isnt that impressive, and their secondary is rookie Patrick Peterson, Antrel Rolle, and 2 scrubs. I'm not scare of that team at all.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I agree.

What? He almost always hits that seam route to Vernon dude. That throw to Fitz was nothing special, that was horrendous coverage and during the regular season teams will double him with a safety over the top. The Cards dont have anyone else to throw to and their running game is garbage now that Ryan Williams is done. Their defense is hella old and their pass rush isnt that impressive, and their secondary is rookie Patrick Peterson, Antrel Rolle, and 2 scrubs. I'm not scare of that team at all.

I don't disagree about the Cards D. Taking them apart should not be a problem. Fitzgerald is such a freak that double and triple coverages have trouble with him when he is at his best. The Super Bowl comes to mind. The better defenses in the league will be able to compensate. I have no confidence anyone in the 49ers secondary can keep up with Fitz. Now that he has a QB who can actually throw again, our best hope is to sack Kolb before he can pick us apart.

Two years ago, maybe.

Originally posted by redrathman:

Two years ago, maybe.

damn I meant Adrian Wilson, my bad.

the last two years, smith has been money on that throw. Frankly, its the only reason VD has had as many TDs as he's had. Smith and Vernon have a very good rapport.
  • evil
  • Veteran

That defense is not hella old. Their starting OLB's maybe, being that it is Porter and Haggans. However 2 WZ wishlisters (Acho & Schofield) are the primary backups and may end up taking over sooner than later. In the secondary they also have Kerry Rhodes and Richard Marshall, not exactly PB'ers but far from scrubs. The defense has a ton of youth, 2 good young developing guys up front and All Pro Darnell Dockett.

You underrate them and they will not be 2 easy W's.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

That defense is not hella old. Their starting OLB's maybe, being that it is Porter and Haggans. However 2 WZ wishlisters (Acho & Schofield) are the primary backups and may end up taking over sooner than later. In the secondary they also have Kerry Rhodes and Richard Marshall, not exactly PB'ers but far from scrubs. The defense has a ton of youth, 2 good young developing guys up front and All Pro Darnell Dockett.

You underrate them and they will not be 2 easy W's.

Wait a second how come Marshall isnt starting for them? I forgot all about him. Anyway you're right, I did underrate them a bit,But I still dont think they're that great.
Share 49ersWebzone