Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kevin Kolb

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by okdkid:
@mattbarrows
Matt Barrows
RT @ProFootballTalk: Schefter: "All signs point" to Kolb joining Cardinals http://wp.me/p14QSB-xzw

Dear god please let this happen!! Kolb is a mediocre QB all the way around. Not a difference maker. Just a guy. This also means the top contender to be the leagues worst team, the Cardinals, are effectively exiting the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Good day.

If Kolb joins the cards they will win the division. Book it

no way

worse career passser rating than alex in a better more stable system great coach great o line great WR

i highly doubt it

Kinda agree. The Niners almost beat Kolb when he was with Philly.

Arizona's offense with Boldin is pretty one-dimensional. Beenie & Hightower aren't to be feared. All they have is Fitz.

They'll win more games, but in terms of a one-on-one matchup, I still think our defense owns them 4 times out of 5.

But could they smoke Seattle? Sure. St. Louis? Naw.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
@mattbarrows
Matt Barrows
RT @ProFootballTalk: Schefter: "All signs point" to Kolb joining Cardinals http://wp.me/p14QSB-xzw

Dear god please let this happen!! Kolb is a mediocre QB all the way around. Not a difference maker. Just a guy. This also means the top contender to be the leagues worst team, the Cardinals, are effectively exiting the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Good day.

no way

worse career passser rating than alex in a better more stable system great coach great o line great WR

i highly doubt it

Arizona's offense with Boldin is pretty one-dimensional. Beenie & Hightower aren't to be feared. All they have is Fitz.

They'll win more games, but in terms of a one-on-one matchup, I still think our defense owns them 4 times out of 5.

I think they will be dangerous with Kolb, but can he stay healthy?
@mattbarrows
Matt Barrows

no way

i highly doubt it

1- How does one fairly compare a QB with 7 career starts to one with over 50.

Was that Philly OL healthy for all of his 7 starts ? What about the WR core, were they ? Those starts were scattered here and there with only 4 being consecutive, and he improved each week over 3 weeks in those consecutive starts before having a so-so game in the 4th.

And now he goes to a team that will run the ball a lot more than Philly thus taking a little pressure off the QB.

2- So we almost beat Kolb...that same Kolb beat Atlanta last year. So point is moot.

3- Arizona is definitely the favorite with Kolb IMHO to win the division. They added Ryan Williams to give them the explosion the backfield lacks, added a pass catching TE, improved the secondary by far and large and added good depth at LB'er, and who could possibly develop into 2 starters.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
@mattbarrows
Matt Barrows

no way

i highly doubt it

1- How does one fairly compare a QB with 7 career starts to one with over 50.

Was that Philly OL healthy for all of his 7 starts ? What about the WR core, were they ? Those starts were scattered here and there with only 4 being consecutive, and he improved each week over 3 weeks in those consecutive starts before having a so-so game in the 4th.

And now he goes to a team that will run the ball a lot more than Philly thus taking a little pressure off the QB.

2- So we almost beat Kolb...that same Kolb beat Atlanta last year. So point is moot.

3- Arizona is definitely the favorite with Kolb IMHO to win the division. They added Ryan Williams to give them the explosion the backfield lacks, added a pass catching TE, improved the secondary by far and large and added good depth at LB'er, and who could possibly develop into 2 starters.

Kolb makes them better, how much better? Who knows. Andy Reid isn't dumb. Either he gets a boatload of picks from the Cards or else he knows Kolb isn't a franchise guy.
How can you say a guy with 7 career starts makes a team better much less favorites to win the division?

Sounds like you are dropping kolbexcuses when talking about oline play
Kolb is not impressive to me... another Matt Cassel in my opinion. Patriots maiximized trade value for a guy that was ok, and Philly will do the same.
who is gonna back up Vick?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

They like Kafka a lot, and they can also pick up a second tier veteran.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

who exactly is 2nd tier...if Bulger is being sought after what is worse then him as a legit #2
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

who exactly is 2nd tier...if Bulger is being sought after what is worse then him as a legit #2

Lets say David Carr gets released or Derek Anderson, shoot they could even pick up Troy Smith.

Lets say David Carr gets released or Derek Anderson, shoot they could even pick up Troy Smith.

OMG

why not play the season with Kolb as the #2 then trade him when the season is over, they will still get draft picks and have decent insurance on Vick
god i hope the cards dont get kolb. he is so good. a fantastic 73 career qb rating and 3 career wins. KRS1 called them the favorite to win the division with kolb and i'm going to take it a step further: they are the favorites to win the superbowl.... for the next 10 years.

if the cards gave up 5 first round picks for kolb they would still be fleecing the eagles. teams should be lining up to get this guy. one time he had a 300 yard game against the chiefs. another time he threw like 4 picks to turn a close game into a blowout against the saints but they he racked up a bunch of garbage time yards later. he is the real deal holyfield. i once saw him throw a 30 yard TD pass to desean jackson. it was incredible.

as a niners fan i have to say i am terrified of kevin kolb. i pray to god every night that he is traded to an AFC team. even though he would obliterate us once every 4 years its better than getting 2 thrashings per year from the cards.
@mattbarrows
Matt Barrows

no way

i highly doubt it
Yeah, Kolb is garbage
f**k the Tardinals and Corn Kolb.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

OMG

why not play the season with Kolb as the #2 then trade him when the season is over, they will still get draft picks and have decent insurance on Vick

Well wouldn't you do the same, if you could get a 1st or 2nd round pick for your back up QB wouldn't you make the trade?? If I had a Pro Bowl QB like Vick and a promising young back up like Mike Kafka, I would do it in a heartbeat.

We don't have that luxury.