LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Kevin Kolb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
Kolb is easily better than any QB we currently have based on the few games he has played and more so based on Andy Reid. If he says Kolb is good. Then Kolb is good. Plain and simple

Yes. But how good? One 1st rounder? Two? No.

Maybe a late 1st rounder; definitely worthy of an early 2nd rounder plus something in the 2012 draft. Beyond that, I wouldn't take the risk.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Kolb is easily better than any QB we currently have based on the few games he has played and more so based on Andy Reid. If he says Kolb is good. Then Kolb is good. Plain and simple

Maybe a late 1st rounder; definitely worthy of an early 2nd rounder plus something in the 2012 draft. Beyond that, I wouldn't take the risk.

Could also swap 1st round picks and throw in a mid round 2012 pick

or

Offer a conditional pick, though the Eagles may not bite on this (everything would depend on what exactly the terms are).
Kolb has had time to learn under Andy Reid and company which is about as good as it gets for the WCO in today's league. He's a gunslinger and a bit reckless to me. He's the guy that might go out and get you 3 TDs but also throw 2 ints. He fumbles a lot too... so even though there aren't many options out there I don't want a guy who can't take care of the ball. He's working with a lot of great coaches and players in Philly and hasn't done that great. What will he do with us if we decide to switch to the WCO and we all are rookies in the system?

It comes down to this would you rather have the guy that throws for 300 yards, 3 tds, 2 ints and a lost fumble or the guy that throws for 225 yards, 1 td, 0-1 ints, no fumbles. If we fix our secondary and get a more consistent pass rush I think we can have a game manager at QB.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 24, 2010 at 22:06:21 ]

No way hes worth two 1st rounders. but i think maybe swap 1st and give a 4th or 5th. well if i was making the trade that would be my initial offer at least
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I think its hilarious that Alex Smith apparently is still considered a question mark/mystery despite all of the games he's played and loss, while guys like Kolb and Troy Smith are already train wrecks with much less evidence.

so effin' true
Kolb has been a stud in every game save one since getting a chance last year.I have had a lot of chances to watch him...he is worth a first no doubt in my mind. Nobody but Peyton or Brady is worth two.[/i]
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Kolb has been a stud in every game save one since getting a chance last year.I have had a lot of chances to watch him...he is worth a first no doubt in my mind. Nobody but Peyton or Brady is worth two.[/i]

Cutler yielded 2 first round picks and a third and Kyle Orton. Not saying he was worth it, but its worth a note.
Sure its worth a note, I still dont think anyone is worth that.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Cutler yielded 2 first round picks and a third and Kyle Orton. Not saying he was worth it, but its worth a note.

but Cutler was also coming off a monster season, Kolb hasnt had much playing time
  • dj43
Sure its worth a note, I still dont think anyone is worth that.

In this QB starved league, a guy like Kolb is worth a premium just because there will be about 10 teams bidding for him if he is put on the trading block. IOW, it is a great time to be the Philadelphia Eagles if you want to stock pile some draft picks.

like i said, kolb is overrated...1st-round pick oh yeah.
Its kind of a crappy situation that the 49ers need to move on from A.Smith but there really aren't going to be a lot of options besides the draft. A.Smith is the 23rd rated passer this year, one spot ahead of Sam Bradford. But Bradford is a rookie and A.Smith a veteran.

Maybe Kolb plays better than Smith, maybe not. I would give out a 3rd or lower for him, but the 49ers still need to use that #7 pick on a QB. There are a bunch of lower-grade QB's in the draft that could be real gems in the late rounds.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
"A young quarterback needs time to mature as he grows in the game. I don't think Kolb has lost one thing. He's a franchise quarterback. He will win games, and championships, for the Eagles." ~Andy Reid, September, 2010

So we can take your opinion/analysis, or we can take the word of the guy who sees him every day. I know, I'm a fool for not taking your side on this, but you'll just have to forgive me if I lean towards the guy who actually coaches him.

Yea, it's pretty silly to think that Kolb is a train wreck or mediocre or similar to Alex Smith. Andy Reid is one of the best QB coaches to come around in last couple of decades - so, I too will take his word and his opinion on Kolb a little more seriously.

I highly doubt Kolb gets traded, unless a team offers somethin' that Eagles can't refuse.

There's no way the Eagles keep Kolb. Vick will receive one of the larger contracts in the NFL. You don't keep Kolb when you have zero intention of starting him in the forseeable future, why would you when you can net serious draft picks for him?

The Eagles will absolutely keep him. You keep him because hes cheap (1.3 mil), and because Vick is always guarenteed to miss a few games every year so having a backup QB who gives you a chance to still win games is huge. Its not as if the Eagles need the picks, theyre already a pretty deep team.

He's trade bail for sure. He's due 12.5 mil next year. No way in the world the eagles pay 2 qbs

Cutler was a full-time starter putting up big numbers before he was traded,. Kolb has been a backup his whole career.

If we hire Harbaugh, a trade for Kolb and drafting AJ Green would be lethal.
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Its kind of a crappy situation that the 49ers need to move on from A.Smith but there really aren't going to be a lot of options besides the draft. A.Smith is the 23rd rated passer this year, one spot ahead of Sam Bradford. But Bradford is a rookie and A.Smith a veteran.

Maybe Kolb plays better than Smith, maybe not. I would give out a 3rd or lower for him, but the 49ers still need to use that #7 pick on a QB. There are a bunch of lower-grade QB's in the draft that could be real gems in the late rounds.

Kolb >>>> A. Smith

There is no "maybe, maybe not" scenario.
Share 49ersWebzone