LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Quick who's better Peyton or Brady

IMO I say Peyton. yea Brady has more SB wins, but Peyton's been dealing with a below average defense for most of his career.

Stats don't mean s**t, Brady has more Super Bowls, and set records leading his team to a 16-0 season.

Good defense or not, it counts in the playoffs, and Peyton has choked more than Brady has, thats for sure
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Quick who's better Peyton or Brady

IMO I say Peyton. yea Brady has more SB wins, but Peyton's been dealing with a below average defense for most of his career.

Brady has been doing it with below average WRs and Rbs most of his career.

Manning has had stokley,wayne,harrison for most of his career

who h as brady had at wr, Troy Brown Deion Branch, jabar gaffney. he has only had welker and moss for what 2 years

Mannings has had pretty good Rbs too Edge, addai

Brady has had Corey Dillon who had one good year

Id take Brady over Manning

Brady 1a
Manning 1b

Who's to say Manning wouldn't be able to get the job done with the receivers Brady was working with? He is the smartest QB in the league, he has supreme accuracy, great arm strength, reads defenses better than anyone in the league.. I can go on and on. Brady's defense is what helped him win his rings. If Peyton was on that team I think he could have easily done a better job than Brady.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/20/colts-will-have-a-hard-time-trading-manning/

As the Colts move closer and closer to clinching the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, some have suggested that the Colts could trade Peyton Manning if they know they'll be getting Luck-y.

Not so fast, my friend. (Which is now officially Lee Corso'ssecond best catch phrase.)

Peter King of Sports Illustrated reported during Football Night in America that Manning's $28 million option bonus is due before the start of the 2012 league year. Since no trades can happen until after the 2012 league year begins, the Colts won't be able to trade Manning before the $28 million comes due.

And that means the Colts will be less likely to trade him after paying him another $28 million.

Of course, Manning could give the Colts some relief by agreeing to postpone the due date, if only by a few days. But here's the thing. What's in it for Manning? If there's a team that he'd like to play for and if that team is willing to pay him $28 million to walk through the door, why tie his new team's hands by forcing the new team to give up two first-round picks or more to the Colts? Those picks could be used to help improve Manning's new team.

Thus, it's in Manning's best interests, if he's going to leave Indy, to refuse to change the date and force his release.

Regardless of how it works out, it'll be one of the most compelling stories of the offseason.

career may be over IMO
i think he will retire

he has the ring, the money, the stats for the HOF, no need to risk further injuries.
[ Edited by hungarian9erfan on Nov 21, 2011 at 3:51 AM ]
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i think he will retire

he has the ring, the money, the stats for the HOF, no need to risk further injuries.

This and it is a very serious injury
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
i think he will retire

is it a neck injury? im not sure
They will restructure his contract

i think he will retire

It's Peyton Manning. Saying he's gone for good is like watching a Friday 13th movie and saying yup I think they FINALLY killed Jason. It's right at that moment when he emerges from the flaming debris to chop someone's head off. Face it he cannot be killed.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
i think he will retire

It's Peyton Manning. Saying he's gone for good is like watching a Friday 13th movie and saying yup I think they FINALLY killed Jason. It's right at that moment when he emerges from the flaming debris to chop someone's head off. Face it he cannot be killed.

lol
I just dont see it.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I just dont see it.

No, I can't. I can see him retiring though. Which would be a shame.
So then why did the Colts give him a new $100 million plus contract?
Share 49ersWebzone