LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
I know he won't read this but man what an outstanding example of a great quarterback. I mean Peyton really plays the position as making the correct audibles and throwing the ball where his man can get it and make a play and his biggest asset is consistency play after play. His accuracy is mind-boggling and his poise was outstanding last night on that game-winning drive. He doesn't play well in the playoffs but I always wonder if he had a better defensive team would he have won more in the playoffs.
well if he wont read this why dont you jsut call him and tell him. Some Dad you are Archie
it's been a long long time since we had a QB of that caliber.
  • dman
  • Veteran
One of the best ever
Pretty amazing.

Dad, you taught his (and his brother) pretty well.

While this was an amazing performance, my favorite memory of this weekend would be his brother wrecking Jerry Jones weekend football-wise.
Quick who's better Peyton or Brady
Originally posted by marshniners24:

IMO I say Peyton. yea Brady has more SB wins, but Peyton's been dealing with a below average defense for most of his career.
I really like Manning, he's just great. I can't help but root for the colts whenever they play because of him, of course unless they're playing us.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Manning is amazing he really is everything he does, to me he is like Dan Marino but smarter and with a Super Bowl ring. If he wins another SB, or at least gets to one, he could be considered a top 3 qb of all time. Brady has 2 more rings, but has had a defense
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

IMO I say Peyton. yea Brady has more SB wins, but Peyton's been dealing with a below average defense for most of his career.

Ya Id go with Manning

Manning
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

Brady has been doing it with below average WRs and Rbs most of his career.

Manning has had stokley,wayne,harrison for most of his career

who h as brady had at wr, Troy Brown Deion Branch, jabar gaffney. he has only had welker and moss for what 2 years

Mannings has had pretty good Rbs too Edge, addai

Brady has had Corey Dillon who had one good year

Id take Brady over Manning

Brady 1a
Manning 1b
Originally posted by valrod33:
well if he wont read this why dont you jsut call him and tell him. Some Dad you are Archie

This went too long without a laugh. I just won't stand for that kind of behavior.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by valrod33:

This went too long without a laugh. I just won't stand for that kind of behavior.

thank you good sir
Originally posted by Archie:
I know he won't read this but man what an outstanding example of a great quarterback. I mean Peyton really plays the position as making the correct audibles and throwing the ball where his man can get it and make a play and his biggest asset is consistency play after play. His accuracy is mind-boggling and his poise was outstanding last night on that game-winning drive. He doesn't play well in the playoffs but I always wonder if he had a better defensive team would he have won more in the playoffs.

You know, somehow Peyton always flew under my radar until I read this post. Thanks for opening my eyes to this little-known quarterback.
Share 49ersWebzone