There are 151 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Manning @ the line doing the audible thing & drawing d-linemen off sides @ the STICK!!!! One can only dream.

It's always quiet there anyways.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
We are 9-2 with a QB rating over 90 for our starting QB. And you want to turn to a 36 year old QB? How did that work out for the New York Jets / Minnesota Vikings...

I believe it got the Vikings to the NFC championship. And they were a pick away from the super bowl. I'm just saying
We are 9-2 with a QB rating over 90 for our starting QB. And you want to turn to a 36 year old QB? How did that work out for the New York Jets / Minnesota Vikings...

LOL. Minnesota was 1 play away from the Super Bowl, but sticking with Tavaris that was the right choice.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
LOL. Minnesota was 1 play away from the Super Bowl, but sticking with Tavaris that was the right choice.

Favre didn't cost the Vikings much, but he only really lasted one season. The second season, not so good, or the more correct word is ugly: Favre threw 11 TDs and 19 INTs. The Vikings offense ranked 28th in passing TDs in 2010, worse than the 49ers (24th).

I'm very leery of trading for old QBs. You don't get bang for the bucks. Even the great Joe Montana only had one good year with the Chiefs.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Favre didn't cost the Vikings much, but he only really lasted one season. The second season, not so good, or the more correct word is ugly: Favre threw 11 TDs and 19 INTs. The Vikings offense ranked 28th in passing TDs in 2010, worse than the 49ers (24th).

I'm very leery of trading for old QBs. You don't get bang for the bucks. Even the great Joe Montana only had one good year with the Chiefs.

I don't know about that, one appearance in the AFC championship and a loss to a Marino led miami team. I think he may have gotten a superbowl ring if he had any real offensive help at WR.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Dec 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Manning in red and gold next year would heavenly.

Drool

f**k yah, i would drop Alex Smith for Manning without blinking.
Rumors are flying about the colts trading Peyton Manning in the event that they draft Andrew Luck.. If this happens I think we should be first in line to get this guy... It would instantly make us the team to beat in the NFL.
Originally posted by fastforward:

Yeah and he was 41 years old at that point. His body fell apart.

Peyton Manning will be 36 next season. If he comes to a team and gives 2 or 3 Brett Favre 2009 seasons it's well worth the move. 1 Super Bowl ring justifies any draft pick.

Not that I'm hoping that we bring him in. Way too early to be speculating about that, and Alex is playing just fine. I'm just saying hell f*cking yes I would take him at this stage of his career.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 3, 2011 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by LB49ers:
I don't know about that, one appearance in the AFC championship and a loss to a Marino led miami team. I think he may have gotten a superbowl ring if he had any real offensive help at WR.

But you have to agree that Brett Favre played at a high level for only one year with the Vikings. The second year was as close to a disaster as possible.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Yeah and he was 41 years old at that point. His body fell apart.

Peyton Manning will be 36 next season. If he comes to a team and gives 2 or 3 Brett Favre 2009 seasons it's well worth the move. 1 Super Bowl ring justifies any draft pick.

Not that I'm hoping that we bring him in. Way too early to be speculating about that, and Alex is playing just fine. I'm just saying hell f*cking yes I would take him at this stage of his career.

Manning (if acquired by trade) will cost any team at least two ways: draft pick(s), and cap hit. Any team trading for him will inherit the outsized contract that he got. Given the cap room and the free agents that the 49ers have to re-sign, getting Manning could destroy the defense.
Not to mention the fact this guy rarely gets sacked. Will he be okay behind our O line? WIll he make it better? Will he hold up getting sacked 9 times game? will that even happen?
OH LAWD
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Not to mention the fact this guy rarely gets sacked. Will he be okay behind our O line? WIll he make it better? Will he hold up getting sacked 9 times game? will that even happen?
OH LAWD

He doesn't get sacked a lot because he is constantly changing protections and figuring out coverages and hot reads. Manning's leadership plus harbaugh's game plans plus the best defense in the NFL equals superbowl favorite.
He should just take Favre's route and go to Minnesota
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Manning is one Owen Hart piledriver from ending up like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I think he's done IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone