There are 253 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Peyton to me seems like a throwback to an earlier era player -- he'll want to stay with the Colts. And he is truly a coach on the field with his amazing grasp of the offense and defenses. I would bet he'll restructure his contract to be Colt friendly and stay on the roster one more year to see if his injury can improve and resolve. I would bet he doesn't play again. But having him around to mentor Luck as a "player-coach" could be easily worth $7MM in salary, wouldn't you think?

If he did retire as a player, as the Colts, I would ask him to return as a mentor to Luck.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by LBCniner:
let me say it now so we can get this out the way....LETS GET HIMM

Alex Smith > Peyton Manning

This is getting ridiculous.
lets put it this way if the colts release him we will have no shot at him as he will goto Waivers and we are no where near the top of waivers much like Orton who went ot the chiefs .. Manning will either retire or Luck will sit simple as that. If this was 2 yrs ago where rookies made as much as peyton manning then they would either trade away the pick or release manning, but rookies are very very affordable now and due to this what i said will prob happen.
rumors of him retiring
Originally posted by jreff22:
rumors of him retiring

good, i hate his face. Draft Andrew Luck and trade us Reggie Wayne
Originally posted by valrod33:
rumors of him retiring

Wayne is a FA
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Peyton to me seems like a throwback to an earlier era player -- he'll want to stay with the Colts. And he is truly a coach on the field with his amazing grasp of the offense and defenses. I would bet he'll restructure his contract to be Colt friendly and stay on the roster one more year to see if his injury can improve and resolve. I would bet he doesn't play again. But having him around to mentor Luck as a "player-coach" could be easily worth $7MM in salary, wouldn't you think?

If he did retire as a player, as the Colts, I would ask him to return as a mentor to Luck.

This

It makes the most sense
Originally posted by valrod33:
rumors of him retiring

Wayne is a FA
even better
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i think he will retire

he has the ring, the money, the stats for the HOF, no need to risk further injuries.

This and it is a very serious injury

is it a neck injury? im not sure

It's Peyton Manning. Saying he's gone for good is like watching a Friday 13th movie and saying yup I think they FINALLY killed Jason. It's right at that moment when he emerges from the flaming debris to chop someone's head off. Face it he cannot be killed.

It's more like watching a Hulk movie, with Peyton as the villainous Leader.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Peyton Manning's doctor said X-ray and CT examination of the surgical area shows fusion performed in September has achieved firm fixation.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
However, there still is no timetable for Peyton Manning to return to practice, despite encouraging x-rays and CT scan.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Manning in red and gold next year would heavenly.

Drool
Originally posted by Chief:

Drool

NOt me.
Originally posted by Chief:

Drool

We are 9-2 with a QB rating over 90 for our starting QB. And you want to turn to a 36 year old QB? How did that work out for the New York Jets / Minnesota Vikings...

Colts really need to fire their OC. It's obvious that guy wasn't doing anything more than bringing donuts to the offensive meetings that Manning facilitated.

IMHO, I don't know if Manning will have quick success on another team because his key advantage is that he knows and can adjust his offense quicker than the opponents' defenses can make their adjustments.
Manning @ the line doing the audible thing & drawing d-linemen off sides @ the STICK!!!! One can only dream.
Share 49ersWebzone