LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Is it safe to call Reggie Bush a bust?

Shop 49ers game tickets
he's gonna be out for 6 weeks. and that hit by Patrick Willis was beautiful.

[ Edited by skynet907 on Sep 21, 2010 at 01:37:08 ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
it's safe to say he has a busted fibula.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
I think Ahmed Brooks busted Bush's right leg tonight.

Fixed
Coming out of USC the biggest question about Reggie was durability. When the Saints took him #2 overall there was pretty high expectations for him. Is he worth the #2 overall pick? Looking back at it now I would say No. the durability issue has come up. He previously hurt his knee and he got hurt again and is out 6 weeks? For a player that relies on speed that doesn't fair well. I consider Reggie a bust simply because he has not been able to stay healthy and is not a fuiltime starter. I expect more of a #2 overall pick.
[ Edited by E-49er on Sep 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by E-49er:
Coming out of USC the biggest question about Reggie was durability. When the Saints took him #2 overall there was pretty high expectations for him. Is he worth the #2 overall pick? Looking back at it now I would say know. the durability issue has come up. He previously hurt his knee and he got hurt again and is out 6 weeks? For a player thatrelies on speed that doesn't fair well. I consider Reggie a bust simply because he has not been able to stay healthy and is not a fuiltime starter. I expect more of a #2 overall pick.

I mean... wasn't really his fault he got landed on like that in such an awkward position. It was just an unlucky tackle/fall. But I do agree with the durability issue overall. I don't know if he's had a full year since he started? I wouldn't call him a bust though -- on every snap that he's in, the entire defense is on edge. He is a truly explosive threat to go to the house every time he touches the ball. That's hard to come by. OH, and he has a Super Bowl ring. One that is deserved because he was a catalyst for that team throughout the entire playoffs. So... I would say he was worth the pick.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Coming out of USC the biggest question about Reggie was durability. When the Saints took him #2 overall there was pretty high expectations for him. Is he worth the #2 overall pick? Looking back at it now I would say know. the durability issue has come up. He previously hurt his knee and he got hurt again and is out 6 weeks? For a player thatrelies on speed that doesn't fair well. I consider Reggie a bust simply because he has not been able to stay healthy and is not a fuiltime starter. I expect more of a #2 overall pick.

I mean... wasn't really his fault he got landed on like that in such an awkward position. It was just an unlucky tackle/fall. But I do agree with the durability issue overall. I don't know if he's had a full year since he started? I wouldn't call him a bust though -- on every snap that he's in, the entire defense is on edge. He is a truly explosive threat to go to the house every time he touches the ball. That's hard to come by. OH, and he has a Super Bowl ring. One that is deserved because he was a catalyst for that team throughout the entire playoffs. So... I would say he was worth the pick.

Well yeah sometimes injuries happen. But you could argue had he caught that punt cleanly and not fumbles it he would not have been landed on that way and would still be healthy.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Well yeah sometimes injuries happen. But you could argue had he caught that punt cleanly and not fumbles it he would not have been landed on that way and would still be healthy.

But if he had caught it people wouldn't have been jumping on him like that and his legs wouldn't have been caught in the air and folded over. He fair caught it. Well, he signaled for a fair catch.
Share 49ersWebzone